• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Windshield replacement inquiry

Hello guys,

My 91 NSX needs the windshield replaced. I have already purchased new glass. I have heard there is a special order trim piece that goes along the top of the glass between the roof-line and the glass. I have looked at the parts catalog several times and cannot tell what part I need. (I think this is the part that is notorious for shrinking) In fact, mine has shrunk.

I have arranged for an on-sight windshield repair guy to show up this weekend. He does not have this extra part because he said it is special order from Acura.

1). I have no idea what the part number is for this item?

2). Can the glass still be installed and then this rubber strip be attached later? Or is this an integral seal that has to be installed at the same time the glass is installed?

3). Do I need to replace any other rubber seals along the sides, bottom or all the way around the new windshield when it's installed?

If it won't hurt anything, I don't mind having the new glass installed and then when I return from my road trip hopefully the special ordered trim piece could be installed at a later point. Just not sure if this idea is even possible.

Please help. I have a 1700 mile road trip on Monday.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I have a '92. It should be the same for your '91.

Part# upper molding is: 73151-SL0-023 & molding fastener is: 73152-SL0-013

You can install these after the windshield is installed, see Service Bulletin
93-013 instructions . I don't know if the side and bottom strips are part of the windshield install, but your repair guy should know that.

Thank you both for your help. The info you each provided pointed me in the right direction.

Back