• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Windshield replacement recommendations near San Mateo?

Over the past decade Ive had some pretty large rocks strike the windshield. Most usually glance off harmlessly (or leave behind a tiny pit at worst.) Today it met its match and finally cracked.

Im leaning towards OEM glass at the moment. Not sure if this rules some shops out. Searching around the net I saw prices ranging from $800-1600 for the glass alone, so Im not sure if Im going to claim insurance on it (yet).

Anyway I would like some recommendations on glass shops on the peninsula, preferrably in the San Carlos to San Mateo area. Otherwise anything within a 10-20 mile radius would be appreciated.

- Joe

whatever you do DO NOT go to glass pro. i had a bad experience with them and they used the same excuse on me twice!!!!! that the driver had a flat tire.

Was it sealed with no air coming through. I would like to have mine done due to rock chip. Did your insurance go up with this claim? I was thinking of doing the same thing.
Yes its pretty sealed ,here the story i called Mike harvey acura they recommended some guy
that they do there cars .I call this guy they came to my house and do my car couple of maxicans guys big mistake they dont know what they were doing in front of me they dont how to take apart finally they did but i was not happy because he said he did this that car but he not much about nsx.So park my in my garage for a week i did not drove it ,i notice there is a hair line crack i call this guy he give some story .I called my insurance at home they some pictures they believe me cars all dusty not driven .The guy had to pay insurance the money back almost full amount .I took my car to atlas auto glass my insurance took care of everything i did not pay single penny.This guys know what they doing they worked on nsx before.

Mohammed

Back