• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Winga West Install front lip

Hey folks, I just picked up a used Lip from a fellow member and I can not seem to find any DIYs for the install. Just want to confirm, you do take the OEM piece off the front bumper before install? Also, should the screw hole on the back side line up with the stock bumper or do I need to drill a new hole? Appreciate any help.
Ray

I installed mine with factory lip still in place. I used double side tape, two screws one on each side( first picture) and three screws and bottom to factory lip( second picture)

Attachments

• IMG_0393.jpg
    IMG_0393.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0395.jpg
    IMG_0395.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 146
I only had the screws in the wheel wells and the tape in the center holding the lip to the bumper. I didn't have to bolt it from underneath to the oem lip (but that's up to you). No problems with it this way and it was stuck on pretty good with the double sided tape in the middle.

I only had the screws in the wheel wells and the tape in the center holding the lip to the bumper. I didn't have to bolt it from underneath to the oem lip (but that's up to you). No problems with it this way and it was stuck on pretty good with the double sided tape in the middle.

I did this exact same method the first time I installed mine. I then took it off to put on a CF instead....big mistake for me. My driveway chewed that thing up the first time I didn't get the angle just right driving up it.
When I finally decided to put the WW back on, I just put the screws back into it in the wheel wells and let it go. Didn't even bother using the tape as it is securely on there with the screws and at speed is held on against the front cover.

Wings West isn't known for being best fitment on the NSX. Wait until you decide to get the side skirts and you'll know what I'm talking about. All the ones I have seen seems like they were made by Stevie Wonder.

Wings West isn't known for being best fitment on the NSX. Wait until you decide to get the side skirts and you'll know what I'm talking about. All the ones I have seen seems like they were made by Stevie Wonder.

Juat crossed the side skirts off my list. Thanks for the input. From all of the pics I have seen, the lip runs flush with the duct opening. Mine seems to not want to fit. Thought about removing the stock bumper protector and see if it snugs up.

Juat crossed the side skirts off my list. Thanks for the input. From all of the pics I have seen, the lip runs flush with the duct opening. Mine seems to not want to fit. Thought about removing the stock bumper protector and see if it snugs up.

I wouldn't rule out the side skirts so quickly. SOS sells a kit to install them with that helps eliminate the sagging of them over time.
What bumper protector are you talking about? Is it the lower black rubber piece on the bottom of the cover? If so, I'm pretty such that piece has to be removed prior to front spoiler install.
HTH

I wouldn't rule out the side skirts so quickly. SOS sells a kit to install them with that helps eliminate the sagging of them over time.
What bumper protector are you talking about? Is it the lower black rubber piece on the bottom of the cover? If so, I'm pretty such that piece has to be removed prior to front spoiler install.
HTH

You can install the WW lip with or without the black factory air dam. I ran both ways... Wound up popping off the factory lip on a curb while nesting under the WW and didn't need it thereafter.

Make sure its a 'real' WW part. There is a "W" logo in a big oval inside the air dam either on the left or right side.. about 4" across, can't miss it. There are knockoffs. One that is too bent may need reshaping (light heat gun and/or sit in the sun while taped in position on the car)

The best part of the WW air dam besides the look is that you can just use the screws in the wheel wells (yes new holes as needed), and 'not' run the double sided tape in the middle and elsewhere. That way when you hit a low driveway the front has about 3" of upward flex. At speed it pushes down and is fine. I also found some marine grade traction tape (non-skid type stuff) and put two ovals under the left and right bottom sides to keep from chipping up the paint... chipped paint tends to crack out further and makes a mess.

Other bonus it that you can drop off the air dam at your paint shop for re-spray while you still have the car.... Leave the gas cap cover for paint color match. It WILL get chipped up.

Back