• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wish list. What you would like to see in the Gen 2 NSX down the road

I will start.
1. All bright works in the interior can have options of being covered such as with carbon fiber.
2. provision for a ski/sport rack. I made a ski rack for my gen 1 NSX which I went skiing with. I am sure some people would like to go biking or surfing with their NSX.
3. Power folding mirrors.
some other wishes to follow.
Steve

I will start.
1. All bright works in the interior can have options of being covered such as with carbon fiber.
2. provision for a ski/sport rack. I made a ski rack for my gen 1 NSX which I went skiing with. I am sure some people would like to go biking or surfing with their NSX.
3. Power folding mirrors.
some other wishes to follow.
Steve

1. Front Lift
2. 911 like custom options like seat belt colors, embroidered seats, name plate add/delete
3. Hybrid Delete
4. 7 Speed Manual

1. better sounding exhaust
2. better infotainment system
3. seats with more adjustments
4. better sound system

There could be more but in reality its a great car already. I also agree that the folding mirror option is so needed.

1) Front Lift
2) Better sounding exhaust
3) Power folding mirrors
4) More interior storage space

Pretty much the same as everybody else.

Customer service. It would be nice if they knew how to cater to people why purchase/lease a halo car. And service departments that know how to perform major recalls on the car. I’m in the process of having Acura buy back my NSX via the Lemon Law due to a butcher who screwed up my car so badly that it can’t be driven over 40mph without veering to the left.

Customer service. It would be nice if they knew how to cater to people why purchase/lease a halo car. And service departments that know how to perform major recalls on the car. I’m in the process of having Acura buy back my NSX via the Lemon Law due to a butcher who screwed up my car so badly that it can’t be driven over 40mph without veering to the left.

Doc, your car would be perfect for a NASCAR entry!:tongue:
Steve

No more fake grilles.

Maybe a lower MSRP while we're at it?

And if I can really go to fantasy land, a lightweight pure R spec with no hybrids, big gas tank, more power.

But mostly no fake grilles.

No more fake grilles.

Maybe a lower MSRP while we're at it?

And if I can really go to fantasy land, a lightweight pure R spec with no hybrids, big gas tank, more power.

But mostly no fake grilles.

Where exactly are the fake grilles on the car? This isn’t a Civic.

^ well for starters, the front grill is perhaps the most noticeable. The grill mesh is just a plastic stamp molding (85-90% of the entire front piece) attempting to appear as hexagonal grill mesh. This is unlike the GT3 grill which is entirely real mesh. The only functional grill section for ventilation is the small pentagonal-shaped opening towards the bottom.

nsx_stamp_mesh2.jpg

nsx_stamp_mesh.png

Also the upper corner of the front side vents (x's 2) are stamped-faux-grill:
more_stamp_mesh.png

And also the upper half of the rear under-bumper mesh.
2017-Acura-NSX-Rear-Quarter.jpg

rear_mesh.jpg

not_see_thru.jpg

Again the GT3 version is real mesh under here and features a 3rd racing brake light behind the grill. It would have been great if the recent refresh would have incorporated these real pieces instead of just painting the beak body color and keeping the faux elements.

I agree with Craigy on this. Too many cars have vents that serve no purpose (think Mustangs and Vette's w/side vents but no mid-engine). The NSX ethos was originally that no design element on the car is done for show, but rather had a true, physical purpose/reasoning behind it where function helped dictate form. Here the form dictates no function other than to fool us.

While I wholeheartedly agree that many of the vents or even fake vents on Mustangs of recent years are completely worthless. All of the venting on the latest Corvettes are all functional. The front fender vents extract engine compartment heat. Rear upper fender vents pull air through rear mounted transmission/differential coolers and rear lower fender vents route air to rear brakes.

The molded “fake” mesh along with the real mesh below on the NSX bumpersit is a combination of form and function. Of course the open mesh part is for airflow. They want to continue the design element of the mesh, but past a certain point they are required to transition to a solid panel. The solid part is solid for a reason on street cars. Underneath those fake sections are the actual impact bars required by DOT standards. Dedicated track cars like the NSX GT3 are not road legal, so there’s no need to adhere to DOT standards and they can make those sections full mesh.

Here’s another car doing the exact same thing.
07_26.jpg

^ well for starters, the front grill is perhaps the most noticeable. The grill mesh is just a plastic stamp molding (85-90% of the entire front piece) attempting to appear as hexagonal grill mesh. This is unlike the GT3 grill which is entirely real mesh. The only functional grill section for ventilation is the small pentagonal-shaped opening towards the bottom.

nsx_stamp_mesh2.jpg

nsx_stamp_mesh.png

Also the upper corner of the front side vents (x's 2) are stamped-faux-grill:
more_stamp_mesh.png

And also the upper half of the rear under-bumper mesh.
2017-Acura-NSX-Rear-Quarter.jpg

rear_mesh.jpg

not_see_thru.jpg

Again the GT3 version is real mesh under here and features a 3rd racing brake light behind the grill. It would have been great if the recent refresh would have incorporated these real pieces instead of just painting the beak body color and keeping the faux elements.

I agree with Craigy on this. Too many cars have vents that serve no purpose (think Mustangs and Vette's w/side vents but no mid-engine). The NSX ethos was originally that no design element on the car is done for show, but rather had a true, physical purpose/reasoning behind it where function helped dictate form. Here the form dictates no function other than to fool us.

Great points all around. I do remember though than on both my 00 and 03 NA2s that the right side intake was for visual appearances only, as the left side actually fed into the engine intake and that’s where I dropped in the Cantrell scoop from SoS to suck in more air. Even my current R35 GT-R has a fake intake on the front left. It leads to nowhere whereas the right side front feeds directly to the intercoolers...

1) Blind spot monitor
2) Front Lift
3) More CF in the interior
4) More stuff to dress up the interior like porsche or audi
4) Updated UI instead of the one from a last gen Civic

Great points all around. I do remember though than on both my 00 and 03 NA2s that the right side intake was for visual appearances only, as the left side actually fed into the engine intake and that’s where I dropped in the Cantrell scoop from SoS to suck in more air. Even my current R35 GT-R has a fake intake on the front left. It leads to nowhere whereas the right side front feeds directly to the intercoolers...

Thanks. Actually there is a purpose for the right intake! All the early models have a 12v Mitsuba fan mounted on the right side which serves to cool the alternator and the entire engine bay. So originally one vent would feed the engine while the other vent was designed to cool the engine bay. I can't recall what and why that changed for the later models that you owned.

PLID-PUJ2o82NQeQ0zJFptZFFtBHFW969mWvsfAWtm9Wi7FZ2vDApJHUBOTVHTud6Y-UV5WvyF-2eymasqy0npSY0xqHzu026k_6PaDILDarErvbNrc19sR967x-KNz0VAcUzwLeW1Tw9WWel85qJIN-SkhFCro6rKI5QVpJlLvuCMK8FNWbXEOPAdyr-aK0muNgk-2m-G5uKtJUVGXjIekKmmX-t4I1zFDpw8LPcHQFM7iz2Ob5Ml6wGi2OIJ1-tQTVaH80Weqqn3ufL4TtYV6XiRlRM1AlJnlW6AOyH3mrZSWJZBaNibApXwAUDy9blKA1vMKQ-2IU3impuuCDmCfue2UNZ63c39-z7sc-ZCv9RtD-fD0oeX4-2tnOGFjGg9C92_IdHVaPITSUCGexkiu27YA58VBwBfsQ5ANv1lAB5cLFgStu1nBO42iEQGQUF5fi4l16imbVL2DTeWtjXbLjfjcfWj-_d6jwKyEwRLo4afnCMPbdTesUYF80y6qlyOfhmI5NBqRBnmXlotTAfkNexulSl3kJhl-ucvoZldveMtWgXn6WxyjYPw_JlNm2Mxa_QYN_UWz8Acj6dLOk0PrEEQQ6n5nx-rW9j8gCWo8PD9fB3eai9w=w1080-h810-no

Thanks. Actually there is a purpose for the right intake! All the early models have a 12v Mitsuba fan mounted on the right side which serves to cool the alternator and the entire engine bay. So originally one vent would feed the engine while the other vent was designed to cool the engine bay. I can't recall what and why that changed for the later models that you owned.

PLID-PUJ2o82NQeQ0zJFptZFFtBHFW969mWvsfAWtm9Wi7FZ2vDApJHUBOTVHTud6Y-UV5WvyF-2eymasqy0npSY0xqHzu026k_6PaDILDarErvbNrc19sR967x-KNz0VAcUzwLeW1Tw9WWel85qJIN-SkhFCro6rKI5QVpJlLvuCMK8FNWbXEOPAdyr-aK0muNgk-2m-G5uKtJUVGXjIekKmmX-t4I1zFDpw8LPcHQFM7iz2Ob5Ml6wGi2OIJ1-tQTVaH80Weqqn3ufL4TtYV6XiRlRM1AlJnlW6AOyH3mrZSWJZBaNibApXwAUDy9blKA1vMKQ-2IU3impuuCDmCfue2UNZ63c39-z7sc-ZCv9RtD-fD0oeX4-2tnOGFjGg9C92_IdHVaPITSUCGexkiu27YA58VBwBfsQ5ANv1lAB5cLFgStu1nBO42iEQGQUF5fi4l16imbVL2DTeWtjXbLjfjcfWj-_d6jwKyEwRLo4afnCMPbdTesUYF80y6qlyOfhmI5NBqRBnmXlotTAfkNexulSl3kJhl-ucvoZldveMtWgXn6WxyjYPw_JlNm2Mxa_QYN_UWz8Acj6dLOk0PrEEQQ6n5nx-rW9j8gCWo8PD9fB3eai9w=w1080-h810-no

Thanks for that bit of Honda mechanical history, I never knew that! I’m assuming this was a cooling feature of the C30A and got removed when Honda switched to the C32B in ‘97? Would be great to find out the reason for the deletion of the fan on the right side...

Realistic stuff:

Front lift kit is a top priority in that most cars of this class have it from factory

Modest bump in power output

Change in factory downpipes/exhaust to give more character/sound (bonus points for adjustable valves)

Update head unit please, and give us a real button to adjust volume

Less plastic cheapness in the interior

Basic Acurawatch stuff that’s available even in the ILX, with option to turn it off for track work

Folding mirrors on this very wide car please

Pie in the sky stuff I know is never happening:

Manual transmission

A blue that’s not $6000

I’m still a fan of this car even though I don’t yet own one.

Last edited:
Thanks for that bit of Honda mechanical history, I never knew that! I’m assuming this was a cooling feature of the C30A and got removed when Honda switched to the C32B in ‘97? Would be great to find out the reason for the deletion of the fan on the right side...
Honda ditched the fan earlier than 1997. It isn't present in my 1995 NSX (C30A1).

I had a 1985 Toyota MR2. It had an electric fan at that location.

1) Blind Spot monitor - makes no sense why a car this wide and expensive doesn't have it.
2) front axle lift - similar to the ones that come on the 911
3) Power folding mirrors - again. Makes no sense why this car doesn't have it.
4) WAYYY better infotainment system - the controls are not intuitive on this car at all and the system is basically unusable.
5) more OEM upgrades / options - take a look at BMW. You can option the crap out of that car. My gen 2 is fully loaded and honestly, it's kind of hard to that it is.

more bespokness on interior
more sporty(symmetric) wheel choices
need to make the total power output relevant...ie.....over 600
more exterior colors
more versions ie convertible/type R

How about using the volume control knob on the steering wheel? I haven't used a "knob" on any of my cars which all have the radio controls on the steering wheel for 20+ years. SMH.

I would prefer options that would expand the appeal of the car and ensure its longevity.1) NON Hybrid version. I would bet this would sell considerably better than the current vehicle.2) Some additional interior storage bins- the front lift is a neat idea that I didn't think of and with the electronic shocks would seem to be a mere software update....maybe I'm wrong.-3) More aggressive exhaust sound-4) Wholly abandon the silly beak remnant (regardless of color).

Last edited:
I would prefer options that would expand the appeal of the car and ensure its longevity.1) NON Hybrid version. I would bet this would sell considerably better than the current vehicle.2) Some additional interior storage bins- the front lift is a neat idea that I didn't think of and with the electronic shocks would seem to be a mere software update....maybe I'm wrong.-3) More aggressive exhaust sound-4) Wholly abandon the silly beak remnant (regardless of color).

These would actually contribute to a sales increase, specifically #1 . The broader tuner ecosystem would embrace a non-hybrid NSX once it was available to a larger market segment. The beak should be replaced with a more NA1-2 front-end that had no grille. Re: exhaust, I like the current intake snarl from inside the cabin quite a lot, but yeah, an AMG style roar with blaps and backfires would be a great addition...

Back