• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wish list. What you would like to see in the Gen 2 NSX down the road

Am I the only one who longs for adaptive cruise control? A $30k ILX has it, and when you've done one long-ish road trip with it you'll never want to go back.

I would add adaptive cruise before nose lift.

I don't want the NSX as a non-hybrid - anyone who would remove the hybrid system has not felt the witchcraft of TRUE torque vectoring in full effect during hard cornering. That's the point, the soul, the magic of the car. If you want a 570 go to the McLaren dealer. I do not want Honda's 570 clone.

I do want Honda to make a $60-90k Cayman competitor - basically hit the S660 with the full-size-car ray. If it was mid-engine and manual (maybe it could have the 300hp turbo-4 from the Civic Type R?) I would be pleased. An Evora 400, but durable.

Keep and refine NSX as hybrid AWD halo car, introduce new "purist" sports car at double (not triple) digit prices. I have mentioned as much to the product planning folks at Acura :)

Where exactly are the fake grilles on the car? This isn’t a Civic.

Yeah exactly I thought this wasn't a civic. Vf2ss hit each of the nails on their respective heads.

I could prob live with the little blanked out extended grilles, even though they're cheesy up close.

But that front hexagon pattern thing on the front bumper is just horrid. Looks like shit, even from a distance. Would look better if they went to autozone and covered it with a big carbon-fiber look decal.

What's even more heartbreaking is that they just revisited the front end for the 2019MY, went through all the effort of changing up the hallowed corporate beak but somehow they thought the glossy hex-pattern faux grille looked great.

Honestly calling it a fake grille though isn't really fair, because it doesn't actually look like a grille. But that's enough ranting. :tongue:

Am I the only one who longs for adaptive cruise control? A $30k ILX has it, and when you've done one long-ish road trip with it you'll never want to go back.

I don't want the NSX as a non-hybrid - anyone who would remove the hybrid system has not felt the witchcraft of TRUE torque vectoring in full effect during hard cornering. That's the point, the soul, the magic of the car. If you want a 570 go to the McLaren dealer. I do not want Honda's 570 clone.

I do want Honda to make a $60-90k Cayman competitor - basically hit the S660 with the full-size-car ray. If it was mid-engine and manual (maybe it could have the 300hp turbo-4 from the Civic Type R?) I would be pleased. An Evora 400, but durable.

Keep and refine NSX as hybrid AWD halo car, introduce new "purist" sports car at double (not triple) digit prices. I have mentioned as much to the product planning folks at Acura :)

I could not agree with you more. The Sport-Hybrid system is what makes this car unique and distinguishes it from the other vehicles on the market. Rather than ditch the system I want to see more and more development of that system to make a truly special car.

I would love a sports coupe from Acura that is sub $100k and it would be a logical vehicle to add to the lineup. I would see it being more of an Audi S5/RS5, BMW M4, MB C63, Lexus RC F competitor. I would love to see something sub $100k that was more of a Lexus LC competitor, something like the precision concept they unveiled that is $75-$90k. Then again we don't even have the CDX here in the US even though they would sell a ridiculous amount of them so my hopes aren't high for this one.

I've brought up the idea for some sort of touring package that would incorporate Blind spot monitoring as well as the Acurawatch Safety Features a few times. I think this would be a well received option and making it optional helps keep the car keeps the weight down for those that want to but add the creature comforts that many owners would appreciate.

I think we would all approve of a lower base price with more options or packages. It's fine if you can option one to $200k or more, but there needs to be a significant difference between that car and a base car that would be maybe closer to $140k.

I drove a 570S and a NSX 2.0 on a track and I was actually faster in the NSX. Now I didn’t feel faster, in fact I found myself having to adapt to the front wheels “pulling” me out of a turn, which takes getting used to, but the numbers didn’t lie. In contrast, I “felt” faster in the McLaren, and the steering felt much better, but apparently the NSX torque vectoring is doing wonderful things in the name of speed even if it feels awkward while it’s all happening. Now from a pure business perspective, offering the car as a base turbo model and turbo + hybrid model would open up the market to more people. I mean if you can get a 6 cylinder S Class, a hybrid S Class, a V8 S Class, a AMG V8 S Class and a AMG V12 S Class, why not a dual flavored NSX? Porsche will apparently offer hybrid power in their higher end 911s when they first start rolling out that tech on the 992...with the base flat six turbo remaining in the entry Carreras...

I have to wonder what Honda's business plan was from the inception?? My guess is that they never intended to sell more than 1000 NSX's in any given year. If you look at historical sales, they were satisfied with annual sales in the 2-300 range for years. I doubt there is any interest in providing 5 different trim/performance levels for the NSX. Chevrolet has successfully done this strategy with the Corvette for decades. They offer the bare bones stripped down model for the masses, and then offer a half dozen upgrade models all the way up to the very expensive and fastest models. This is how they sell 30,000 cars a year........ But in the end, I'd rather own an NSX that is 1 of 1500, than a Corvette that is 1 of 100's of thousands. It is even rumored that the now delayed Corvette C8 will have a hybrid option at some point with a rumored total system 1000HP......
As some have said above, I think that the NSX is unique "because" of the hybrid platform. Certainly not for everyone, but I like the fact that it is technologically advanced, and different from everything else. Electric cars are coming...... I suppose that you can look at the NSX as a transitional car from gas to electric. I have never been in a Tesla, but can't imagine that there is much of a "visceral" experience to be had, but they are fast. I understand that Musk is working on a car that will do 0-60 in less than 2.0 secs, over 200MPH, and 500 plus mile range..... McLaren killing performance...... But is it all about speed? Would you buy one because it's fast? I would not......

I have to wonder what Honda's business plan was from the inception?? My guess is that they never intended to sell more than 1000 NSX's in any given year. If you look at historical sales, they were satisfied with annual sales in the 2-300 range for years. I doubt there is any interest in providing 5 different trim/performance levels for the NSX. Chevrolet has successfully done this strategy with the Corvette for decades. They offer the bare bones stripped down model for the masses, and then offer a half dozen upgrade models all the way up to the very expensive and fastest models. This is how they sell 30,000 cars a year........ But in the end, I'd rather own an NSX that is 1 of 1500, than a Corvette that is 1 of 100's of thousands. It is even rumored that the now delayed Corvette C8 will have a hybrid option at some point with a rumored total system 1000HP......
As some have said above, I think that the NSX is unique "because" of the hybrid platform. Certainly not for everyone, but I like the fact that it is technologically advanced, and different from everything else. Electric cars are coming...... I suppose that you can look at the NSX as a transitional car from gas to electric. I have never been in a Tesla, but can't imagine that there is much of a "visceral" experience to be had, but they are fast. I understand that Musk is working on a car that will do 0-60 in less than 2.0 secs, over 200MPH, and 500 plus mile range..... McLaren killing performance...... But is it all about speed? Would you buy one because it's fast? I would not......

Honda was transparent with with plan to sell 1600 worldwide per year.

The Corvette (and 911) model variant point is tough to use as these cars have been around continuously for decades and have a higher volume following (albeit at higher price points for the 911). The S2000 is the more Honda(ish) example, here is the car, you like it you buy it (OK, you can have a club sport variant at the end of the life cycle).

For many buyers, it is a pissing contest with speed being the key. As you pointed out McLaren is moving cars and much of that can be attributed to their speed. Taking a step back, they are doing some stuff that maybe they will be sorry for later. They dump so many cars on the market that resale prices are an issue. The 600LT is close to a used 720S price, so it will be interesting to see how that car sells and does in the used market. From what I have seen, the 720S destroyed the resale values for the 675 LT cars.

I’d like to see it priced for what it is actually worth. 99,999K fully loaded.

I posted this before so I'll just copy paste here (along with how much I would be willing to pay for the option):

As standard
- Frunk, even a small one would do
- Interior storage (in doors, center console, behind seat, near footwell, and a place to mount a dang phone mount)
- Longer EV range (~20 miles)
- Better infotainment, maybe even exclusive to NSX
- Better visors, with mirrors and lights, which extend a bit and swivel
- Less sensitive electronics (my dashcam interferes with the stereo)
- Redesigned the rear
- Get rid of the button press transmission. At least give me a shift lever of some kind and don't waste like 12" of space on buttons.
- Power seats as standard with more adjustments
- Better sound system
- Reconfigure the rear so when you wash the car you don't get soap all over the engine bay
- More durable paint (It's way too soft and needs protection immediately)
- Badge delete option

More options:
- Powered-folding mirrors ($1500)
- Surround Camera ($3000)
- Sports Exhaust ($10k easily)
- Active Aero ($5k)
- 2" lift ($3500)
- Variable ride height ($3500)
- More power ($depends)
- Drift-mode ($1000) And other electronically unlocked goodies
- HUD ($2500)
- Weight reduction package ($10-$20k)
- Additional paint and accent colors (other manufacturers like Porsche easily add thousands to msrp with accent packages)
- Full leather and contrast stitching
- Alcantara headliner ($350)

Fantasyland:

- Lambo Doors (would really up the value of the car to compete with cooler Supercars)
- Targa top ($10k-$15k)
- Glass roof ($5k)

This is a fun thread to read with the ideas posted.....

We love our car and really only want a Type-R version!

The other stuff is really just personal opinions and not a must have. Lambo doors would be really cool though + targa roof! We can dream :)

*EDIT: We found a really nice place for a phone mount, will try to get a picture later today

P.S. We are almost done with our full replacement carbon fiber interior trim kit which will replace all the silver trim. We have done the door trims and it really looks night/day different. Team it up with our upgraded steering wheel/CF paddles and it really makes the interior pop.

Last edited:
*EDIT: We found a really nice place for a phone mount, will try to get a picture later today

Please post the phone mount when you have a pic / link.
I found a great one but it's magnetic and won't allow me to use my wireless charger because of the metal plate.
Thanks!

I like the car the way it is, although I have a few gripes/suggestions...

- more seat adjustability
- power folding mirrors
- blind spot warning

My biggest beef with the pricing is with the price of the carbon options. It's pretty ridiculous. If Acura is gonna charge me $3k for the carbon interior pkg, then the whole interior trim should be carbon; not just two pieces.

I disagree with the need for active cruise control type options. Those are for luxury sedans or GT cars; not supercars.

But most of all... give me a targa option!!!!!

CF is code for corporate profits.

As cool as the stuff is, most of it is aesthetic (McLaren carbon tub, now we're talking the real deal). In the NSX interior you get some BS CF garnishes on parts of the wheel, not a real CF wheel. The CF instrument cowl cover is cool but that has been a source of annoying vibration for many folks.

I like the car the way it is, although I have a few gripes/suggestions...

- more seat adjustability
- power folding mirrors
- blind spot warning

My biggest beef with the pricing is with the price of the carbon options. It's pretty ridiculous. If Acura is gonna charge me $3k for the carbon interior pkg, then the whole interior trim should be carbon; not just two pieces.

I disagree with the need for active cruise control type options. Those are for luxury sedans or GT cars; not supercars.

But most of all... give me a targa option!!!!!

I posted this before so I'll just copy paste here (along with how much I would be willing to pay for the option):

As standard
- Frunk, even a small one would do
- Interior storage (in doors, center console, behind seat, near footwell, and a place to mount a dang phone mount)
- Longer EV range (~20 miles)
- Better infotainment, maybe even exclusive to NSX
- Better visors, with mirrors and lights, which extend a bit and swivel
- Less sensitive electronics (my dashcam interferes with the stereo)
- Redesigned the rear
- Get rid of the button press transmission. At least give me a shift lever of some kind and don't waste like 12" of space on buttons.
- Power seats as standard with more adjustments
- Better sound system
- Reconfigure the rear so when you wash the car you don't get soap all over the engine bay
- More durable paint (It's way too soft and needs protection immediately)
- Badge delete option

More options:
- Powered-folding mirrors ($1500)
- Surround Camera ($3000)
- Sports Exhaust ($10k easily)
- Active Aero ($5k)
- 2" lift ($3500)
- Variable ride height ($3500)
- More power ($depends)
- Drift-mode ($1000) And other electronically unlocked goodies
- HUD ($2500)
- Weight reduction package ($10-$20k)
- Additional paint and accent colors (other manufacturers like Porsche easily add thousands to msrp with accent packages)
- Full leather and contrast stitching
- Alcantara headliner ($350)

Fantasyland:

- Lambo Doors (would really up the value of the car to compete with cooler Supercars)
- Targa top ($10k-$15k)
- Glass roof ($5k)

You have a great list here.

If we are going to include fantasyland stuff, I would like to see:

- More connection to the original in terms of proportions
- Cooler temp in trunk and remove hump
- Shorter Doors
- Lower Dash/Cowl (think McLaren)

All of this can be included in an updated model but Honda has to decide if they are going to commit to a long term position in this market with a car that they can continue to develop and perfect over decades or if they are going to let the accountants and the quarterly reports determine its future. Porsche and in many ways, Ferrari has been tweaking the the 911 and 308/355/430/458/488 models for decades to get to where they are today. It just takes many redesigns as well as years in the incubator.

Hopefully they have learned their lesson with the first gen car and they planned for the long haul before they even started this latest model.

CF is code for corporate profits.

As cool as the stuff is, most of it is aesthetic (McLaren carbon tub, now we're talking the real deal). In the NSX interior you get some BS CF garnishes on parts of the wheel, not a real CF wheel. The CF instrument cowl cover is cool but that has been a source of annoying vibration for many folks.

They should have given Lotus the master plan to build the NSX. Mine rattles and squeaks almost as bad as my 2004 Esprit V8TT did.

They should have given Lotus the master plan to build the NSX. Mine rattles and squeaks almost as bad as my 2004 Esprit V8TT did.

This is surprising and very concerning. I thought the whole point of the PMC was to assemble a world class work of art that wouldn't have these issues? Was this mostly hype?

My car is rock solid

He lives in FL, a state full of shitty people and he went to a shitty dealer (who is based out of IL and I would not use) who effed up his car

My car is rock solid

He lives in FL, a state full of shitty people and he went to a shitty dealer (who is based out of IL and I would not use) who effed up his car

There's shitty people everywhere so it's not just limited to Florida. The biggest problem is Honda motor corp basically giving DocL the middle finger, repeatedly. Guess that means, there's some REALLY shitty people in Ohio and beyond.

There's shitty people everywhere so it's not just limited to Florida. The biggest problem is Honda motor corp basically giving DocL the middle finger, repeatedly. Guess that means, there's some REALLY shitty people in Ohio and beyond.

And I've been fingered a lot by them lately. :eek:

A local sports radio show does this Florida or Ohio bit.

FL man arrested after being found make on highway with a machete
FL man arrested after calling the police about his weed being stolen

https://twitter.com/floridaorohio?lang=en

Back