• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wish list. What you would like to see in the Gen 2 NSX down the road

im a little late coming to this thread, but IMHO, all that needs to be done is:

1. reduce weight (ditch the hybrid stuff)
2. simplify the whole thing so perspective buyers wont be scared to own it long term out of warranty (ditch the hybrid stuff)
3. reduce price (ditch the hybrid stuff)
4. optionally (and possibly somewhat running counter to # 1 and 3 above), add more power / displacement to keep up with the Joneses

700 HP, 3,400lbs or less, and $85-$90k I think we would have a winner!

im a little late coming to this thread, but IMHO, all that needs to be done is:

1. reduce weight (ditch the hybrid stuff)
2. simplify the whole thing so perspective buyers wont be scared to own it long term out of warranty (ditch the hybrid stuff)
3. reduce price (ditch the hybrid stuff)
4. optionally (and possibly somewhat running counter to # 1 and 3 above), add more power / displacement to keep up with the Joneses

700 HP, 3,400lbs or less, and $85-$90k I think we would have a winner!

It's funny, I hear this a lot. I personally would not have bought the car if it wasn't for the "hybrid stuff". NSX has always stood for "New Supercar Experience". If you took out the hybrid stuff there was would nothing new about it. And in case you haven't noticed, every single next gen supercar is slated to have a hybrid drive system. It's a bit disappointing that they weren't able to squeeze out more than 70HP out of 3 motors, and I hope they decide to push the power to get down to the low 10s in the 1/4 mile. Personally I am no longer impressed with cars if they can't trap 130 which is the bar for a supercar. That said, NSX is still the king of 0-60 even with crap tires. I really do love this car. Especially given the low total cost of ownership.

It's funny, I hear this a lot. I personally would not have bought the car if it wasn't for the "hybrid stuff". NSX has always stood for "New Supercar Experience". If you took out the hybrid stuff there was would nothing new about it. And in case you haven't noticed, every single next gen supercar is slated to have a hybrid drive system. It's a bit disappointing that they weren't able to squeeze out more than 70HP out of 3 motors, and I hope they decide to push the power to get down to the low 10s in the 1/4 mile. Personally I am no longer impressed with cars if they can't trap 130 which is the bar for a supercar. That said, NSX is still the king of 0-60 even with crap tires. I really do love this car. Especially given the low total cost of ownership.

This goes on and on

Like I was saying for the new Supra, folks want this and that for short money. As has been said, Chevy and Ford have the cars for these folks but somehow they expect Honda and Toyota to do the same thing.

What is extra hilarious is expecting to get what they want (from Honda in this case) after the car has been out for years, it's clear the Hybrid was including for showcasing purposes and the car loses money so a redo expense in development would never get green lighted.

The response I would like to offer for this endless stuff is, go invest in yourself and increase your income and don't worry about what shit costs.

indeed if you want 700+ hp for 80k get a hellcat redeye

indeed if you want 700+ hp for 80k get a hellcat redeye

While wishing that the car had a better price : performance ratio may not be what everyone personally “would like to see in the Gen 2 NSX”, it certainly would help to make it more of a commercial success, as its fans and well-wishers would hope it to be, because right now, unlike the XJ220, 959, or LFA, the Gen2 is (im sorry to say) regarded by the public more as a commercial failure than as a desirable, limited run flagship / halo car. Perhaps in time, that perception will change, but hopefully, the car itself will before then.

This may just be the post that gets me banned from this forum. The biggest slew of negative talk, reviews, and complaints about this car actually came from Gen1 owners and not from outsiders. Every GEN1 owner was pissed that it was not the same exact car they used to love and they made sure they voiced that loud and proud. The rest came from GEN1 fanboys who weren't even owners. Some of the most thorough hater videos I initially saw on youtube were made by GEN1 guys comparing the car to the old one. What's funny is you don't see that with other cars. No one compares the Aventador to the Murcielago, or the Huracan to the Gallardo. Those are usually compared to their peers. The NSX was eventually paired up with the GTR on a lot of comparisons, but initially anyway, everyone wanted to compare it to a 26 year old design. With the exception of the 911, I don't know of any car company that has not completely reinvented their line over the past 30 years. What funny, for as much smack as most of the GEN1 guys talk, nearly every one of them would gladly trade in their GEN1 for a GEN2 in a heartbeat.

oKWZ4KA.jpg

Here is another drag race from a reputable vlogger.

He did a 2019 NSX against a Huracan LP610-4.

Yes, the Lambo won, it's really fast.

Based on list prices the Lambo costs $80K more and real world probably more like $100K more.

Take a look at the range of hateraid on the NSX in the comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYNI_qbwvUE

What funny, for as much smack as most of the GEN1 guys talk, nearly every one of them would gladly trade in their GEN1 for a GEN2 in a heartbeat.

I have both and barely drive the old one anymore. It's a delightful, charming, beautiful car, but the new one is better at just about everything.

I have both and barely drive the old one anymore. It's a delightful, charming, beautiful car, but the new one is better at just about everything.

We have both cars as well, both are unique in their own ways but 90% of the time, the new NSX is the perfect weapon or "Swiss army" knife of all exotics as it does everything so well and seamlessly too.

The old one has a better mechanical feel and on those days you must row your own gears, it's till the best car to offer this level of driver engagement.

I just bought my NSX this week. It is absolutely amazing. BUT, surprisingly, or not, there are some things my '17 Corvette Z06/07 has/does that I'd like to see on the NSX:

1. Command start on the fob and an app so I can start the car from anywhere in the world (particularly upon landing at an airport and waiting to deplane with the car in long term parking...)
2. Ventilated seats
3. Heads up display
4. Bose sound system
5. More options with respect to display configurations and information
6 The car should start in the last mode selected (i.e. sport+, if that was the last selection, and not default to sport or quiet depending on what you've set in the vehicle settings. Or, allow us to set sport+ or track in the settings)
7. When you're spending this kind of money on a car it should come with a car cover.........my Z06/07 came with a cover, battery tender, and a Corvette badged bag to keep them in.....
8. A proper owner's manual.... My dealer ordered in the full paper manual for me and had it in the car (no charge) knowing that a car enthusiast such as myself would like a paper manual (not electronic) and he was right.........

I'm sure I can come up with some other stuff, but at the end of the day, these are first world problems. Also, now I have to choose which car to drive to work........which one do you think I'm taking..............hahahaha.........yeah........super cars are about sacrifice................no problem ;)

BTW....the car doesn't need a front lift. It has plenty of clearance. I disagree on this one. In fact, it doesn't scrape on things I would scrape in the Vette........

Back