• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Worth moving integrated radar from one car to another?

Last year, I leased a "like new" (aka pre-owned) Audi RS e-tron GT. The first owner spared no expense with a full black matte PPF, carbon fiber wheel inserts, a Radenso RC M built in radar detector, AL laser jammers, and Blackvue camera system. The radar display was mounted in the roof console so well that it almost appears to be OEM.

My understanding is that the radar, laser jammers and camera cost over $10k between hardware and labor costs. I would normally not spend the $$$ for a custom install because i) it's not worth it to me (my V1 attached to the rearview is fine) and ii) I tend to switch cars pretty frequently. However, since I already have the equipment, I'm trying to decide if it is worth paying to move everything over to my NSX. A reputable shop estimated the labor cost to be $1000 to un-install and $2000 to re-install. At that price, I don't think I would pay to move it. And even though the hardware retails for $3000-4000, I don't think the resale value even warrant paying $1000 to remove the system. It just seems like a waste to do nothing.

Thoughts?

1707343055874.png

Back