• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Would like some comparison help - please!

Hi! I'm new to this whole online community thing. I guess I was on another posting thread, but it doesn't look like I'm getting all the information I feel like I need.
I'll give some quick background. My husband owns a 1992 NSX. He really likes it. He also really likes turbo-chargers. I'm looking for a turbo kit/system for a gift for my husband. I understand they cost a lot but I'm not worried about that. One of my husbands friends told me about this website/forum and said I should check it out. It's pretty neat what you have here. I found some info online about a cartech.net turbo and also a turbosynergy.com turbo. I was wondering if anyone can help me find out which is the better product.
Thanx.
-T-

I have to admit I don't know much about Turbo kits. I would chime in what's in my mind right now:

1. I wish I have a wife as you, (buying hardcore car stuff to me...) :biggrin:

2. Does your husband the type that would like to do the install himself?? Is he capable of doing that to the nsx?

3. Being in Colorado, do you have any shop or dealership that they are capable of PROPERLY install and set up the turbo system in the nsx??

4. This is the most valuable answers to you, go into the force induction and nitrous forum and educate yourself. You may post the same question there, or just link them here to answer your questions. http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28

Welcome to Prime.

I just ordered the cartech kit, sooo I should be able to give you some feedback in about 8 weeks(thats how long it takes to make the kit). I have been studying the different options of FI for the NSX for a while now and if you dont have access to one of the premier NSX FI builders(Gerry Johnson, Cali or Factor X, Nevada) the cartech seems to be the best option. If you husband is willing to go with a supercharger then I would go with the Comptech. I also had nitrous for several years, it is a very good solution for a fraction of the cost if you dont mind having the bottle filled. I have a very complete nitrous setup for sale in the market section. PM if you are interested. I am also a cartech dealer, so if that is the route you wish to go, PM me and I will give you a quote. thanks--Brett

Also, what is your timeframe? Meaning either, when do you want the kit in your hands, or how long can you leave the car at a shop? And are you/he willing to ship the car somewhere for this modification? These are some added things to think about on top of the suggestions made earlier...

I really appreciate all the compliments I get for wanting to do this for my husband; however that is not why I'm here.
- I guess my timeframe would be by the end of the summer.
- My husband is pretty good with vehicles. He used to restore old mustangs and corvettes.

It seems to me that there isn't really a lot of choices when it comes to turbo-chargers for the NSX. There's been a lot talk (that I've seen) about the cartech turbo-charger. However, I saw a few people that said something about having to by a lot of extra stuff individually. This is something that really annoys my husband. I noticed that the turbosynergy website mentioned something about a complete kit and not having to buy anything extra. I was wondering if anyone has any feedback on that one?!?

Thanx
-T-

I have never heard of turbosynergy on this site, so I cant compare. I would be willing to say that they have not sold many kits. Best bet would be to call them and ask for satified customer references pertaining to the nsx kit.
The Cartech kit is complete, but you can always add extras for safety.

Last edited:
Wow, what an incredibly smart and thoughtful wife! I am by no means a forced induction(FI) expert, i.e. turbo and supercharging, but what I would do is go with the tried and true Comptech supercharger.

They are experienced and one of the best in that business. Also, have it professionally installed and tuned regardless whether the car has to be shipped somewhere. Supercharging and turbocharging puts alot more stress on the internals of an engine and I have read where several NSX owners had serious engine problems as a result.

good luck

Hello. I was going to suggest the Cartech system as well, but SNDSoul bet me to it. You may even want to track SNDSoul's install to learn how he did his install and any lessons learned. However, I would also suggest reading the thread in the FAQ section regarding forced indunction, as the people who seem the happiest with their installations are the ones who did ample research. When it comes to forced indunction systems understanding proper Air/Fuel ratio is very important.

Now, if what you are interested in is the system that is the most, arguable, plug and play, you may want to look at the Comptech supercharger. Their website even details complete installation instructions, and I believe it is not necessary to buy additional pieces. I think.

Good Luck

As for me wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more, I hope to be posting my results soon.

THanx for all the advice. I'll be contacting this other company to get more info. I'll also have to try and find some time to check out that other thread thingy. I'll let you all know what I find out.
Thanx
-T-

I am wondering if it is a coincidence that this turbosynergy.com and ns_xy_69 AND waymilky are all in CO? Interesting way to get the word out?

Be careful NS_X_69, they're on to us! We need to confer under the Cone of Silence! Actually guys, I too found out Turbosynergy is located in CO after recognizing their area code. No, I did not know NS_X_69 was located in CO, but now that I do, I hope to meet her and her lucky husband some day. I plan on calling Turbosynergy and going by their operation when I get a chance. I personally know nothing about them, and that is why I started a thread to see if anybody could either vouch for them or give honest criticism.

However, I would suggest we all be careful of what we think because the Russians have satellites overhead that can read our minds.

Waymilky

However, I would suggest we all be careful of what we think because the Russians have satellites overhead that can read our minds.

Waymilky[/QUOTE]

Thats why I wear a lead helmet.:biggrin:

Elite said:
I am wondering if it is a coincidence that this turbosynergy.com and ns_xy_69 AND waymilky are all in CO?
I thought that a guy's wife shopping for a turbo system on a car forum was far more odd than that. And to make things even more strange, she hasn't flinched when (in other threads) the high cost is explained. Compound that with the fact that she found a turbo related NSX website before some of the hard core gfcp junkies! Wow, what a wife! :confused:

Yeah, I am starting to lean towards the high end of the bs meter. She claims to want info and pricing on FI kits and when I offer to give her some on the Cartech kit, not one question.

Creative way to bring light to a new NSX kit, but now you've lost credibility. :rolleyes:

Give us some hard facts(dyno sheets, pics on a car, videos of a running car,ect.) and you will see alot of interest in the kit I am sure. No need for the elaborate hoax. Good luck, this is a tough crowd :wink:

Wow! Where to begin. I don't think I have ever been so insulted in my life.
1) is it a crime for a wife to want to buy something special for her hsuband. Am an which has taken care of his wife beytond any of her wildest expectations!
2)I have no idea who any of you are!
3) now apparently it's a crime to wait and aska few questions of a business! I'm no expert I wanted some advice first!
3)I thoughjt conspiracy theories died when the X-files went of the air!
4)Money! What in the world does that have to do with anything?! I am very well taken care of!
5)I'm sorry if I did something wrong about asking for help here. I was told that finding out information online is an incredible resource. I trusted what I was told. I'm sorry if I did somehting bad. I just wanted some help!
6)Have you ever heard of a coincidence? They happen!
7)Credibility! I think you have no place to talk.]
8) as for this whole turbosynergy thing! I saw a guy with an NSX at a mcdonalds. I asked him if he knew anythign about turbos and he mentioned that their was a guy who contacted him about some turbo kit and then he rattled off a couple different names of what he thought the business was.

Men are so infuriating. I can't stand people like you.
\
t

LOL!

All I know is I'm sending my wife a link to this thread. I have a birthday coming up in a few months!

That turbosynergy has one CRAPPY website. I have a hard time buying from places that don't take the time to at least have a nice web site. You can have a totally crappy business with a terrible building and still have a nice website. Why not take the time to represent your company with a clean professional site especially when people are looking at spending 10K on a turbo!

NetViper said:
That turbosynergy has one CRAPPY website.
Whoa, no kidding! That thing is right out of 1995. All it needs is a few BLINK tags scattered around and maybe an odometer hit counter at the bottom...

How about we give new members the benefit of the doubt and be nice until there is a reason to be otherwise? Thanks.

ns_xy_69 said:
7)Credibility! I think you have no place to talk.]

Men are so infuriating. I can't stand people like you.
\
t

Wow, a little high strung huh. No point in getting your panties in a wad, I was simply playing Devils Advocate. But if you dont mind, maybe you could expound on any crediblity issues I might have?? :confused:

Back