• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Aerocharger Update

As some of you might have heard, Aerocharger closed up shop at the end of last year. they secured a DOD contract for their weapons program and shut down all turbo sales and service. The only source for service in the US (and quite possibly the world) is a very nice gentleman by the name of Steve who is the Turbo Doc. Here is his contact info;

Turbo Doc Inc.
4945 Apache Way
Ogden, Utah 84403
(801) 334-9140

He currently does not have a lot of parts for rebuilds but does have some. But his closing statement was kind of ominous. "I've got some used parts but not many. And I don't have anything like compressor wheels and such. So if you ingest something into your turbo, at this point in time you are toast."

I'm going to try and reach out to my old contacts at Aerocharger to see what parts they still might have laying around to make a deal. Wish me luck.

I got an email from the former head of Aerocharger this morning. It reads;

Yes there is an inventory of parts and all manufacturing equipment, tooling and tools to be sold as a complete package.
Price based on future plans and intent.

I have sent further communication to them inquiring of all existing parts and completed turbos. It looks as though they would rather sell the entire business dependent on what I would do with it. I'll keep you all posted on if this goes anywhere.

Wow, that would be quite a thing to take on, but if anyone can make something of it, i'm sure you can!
Well I got a phone call today from the owner of Aerocharger. I'm doing some due diligence and research but I may just resurrect Aerocharger. Get your popcorn ready! All it takes is energy and money.

Well I got a phone call today from the owner of Aerocharger. I'm doing some due diligence and research but I may just resurrect Aerocharger. Get your popcorn ready! All it takes is energy and money.
Any updates? I need replacement boost springs and a new bonnet for the boost controller. 53 series.

Any updates? I need replacement boost springs and a new bonnet for the boost controller. 53 series.
Crickets. I asked for some standard information as anyone would in acquiring a business. Nothing. My suggestion to you would be to contact the Turbo Doc in Utah and see if he can help you out. He probably has springs laying around but the bonnet may be a little more troublesome to source. GL.

Crickets. I asked for some standard information as anyone would in acquiring a business. Nothing. My suggestion to you would be to contact the Turbo Doc in Utah and see if he can help you out. He probably has springs laying around but the bonnet may be a little more troublesome to source. GL.
Thanks for the quick response. I'll call him tomorrow. I hope you get the info needed to purchase the business. The Turbos are great and there are a lot of them out there to be serviced etc. The problem I have found is finding someone to tune the vehicle the turbo is being installed on.

Just discovered this thread. JC I really hope you can purchase the biz and save us! I currently need 15psi springs and higher for my 2JZGTE motor where I’m using two 66 series like your new setup does.

Just discovered this thread. JC I really hope you can purchase the biz and save us! I currently need 15psi springs and higher for my 2JZGTE motor where I’m using two 66 series like your new setup does.
You might contact Turbo Doc and see if he has any. If not, might I suggest a spring manufacturer as long as you have dimensions as to uncompressed height and circumference.

Another way around this is to run the highest rated spring you currently have and add an electronic boost controller to the waste gate vacuum lines to increase boost. That way you can dial up and control as many psi of boost as you like but I wouldn't go past 20!

Back