• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

WTB: 1997-2000 coupe or 99 Zanardi

WTB: 1997-2000 NSX coupe or -T or 99 Zanardi

I discovered that coupes are practically impossible to come by, so I'm widening my search to all 97-00 NSXes, including NSX-T's. (I couldn't change the other title, so I'm double-posting. Sorry.)

My ideal car (aside from a reasonably priced Zanardi);
- red with tan/camel interior
- manual tranny
- very close to stock, or easy to return to stock
- low to medium mileage
- one to two owners
- very good to excellent condition

Thanks again!
Looking forward to joining you guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
PaulL said:
I'm looking for a 97+ coupe, (not -T top), or a Zanardi.
Probably need to keep the coupe a 2000 or less for cost reasons.
Definitely manual, and in mostly stock condition.
In good shape, of course, but doesn't need to be in showroom condition.
Color is not that important.

Thanks! Wish me luck!

I wish you a lot of luck. Have you checked out the FAQ for information about the quantity of coupes made?

Oh, shoot!
4 in 97 and 5 in 98? That's amazing!
The FAQs don't have further numbers for 99 and 00 ... I wonder if they are similarly low.
I knew the T was the more popular, but I had no idea it was that disproportionate. I want not only the lighter weight, but the stiffer suspension of the coupe.

I was almost going to sell my silverstone 2000 coupe with Type S suspension and OEM engine mesh cover with Type-S/Zanardi wheels a couple of months ago... In any case, I'm not sure you'd find someone willing to part with one at a low enough price though... I would be looking for something close to $65k for mine with 21k miles...

s2ktaxi said:
I would be looking for something close to $65k for mine with 21k miles...
Nice car, but no thanks. I can get a Zanardi for less than that. It may not actually be as exclusive as a standard coupe, though!

Re: WTB: 1997-2000 coupe or 99 Zanardi (and NSX-T's too!)

sthem said:
I have a 1998 NSX-T manual, red with tan leather, 35k miles, Need to get 45,000. Can email pictures if interested.
[email protected]
Since I've learned coupes are so rare, I think I WILL open up my interest to a -T. Sure, email me some pics.
pleonard at miraclemethod dot com

Came across the thread for Zanardi #31 (which was on Ebay a short time ago.) Did not sell. Questions were asked about mileage, etc. I drove that car a year or so ago. Struck me as overpriced but a new car that needed someone to store it some more or drive it. I wanted a car to drive and was unwilling to pay up for this one. Ebay shows bidding stopped at about $50,000 with a reserve of about $60,000. I might have done that. But alas, found just what you are looking for. '98-#11. Red/camel. manual. Love it. 7800 miles when I picked it up in Dallas. It's a T.
Looks like the dealer might still have the Zanardi. I could look at it for you if you get to that point, although I'm out of state from 4/28-5/16.
Keep looking, they come up. And what a kick to drive one home.

Re: WTB: 1997-2000 NSX coupe or -T or 99 Zanardi

PaulL said:
I discovered that coupes are practically impossible to come by, so I'm widening my search to all 97-00 NSXes, including NSX-T's. (I couldn't change the other title, so I'm double-posting. Sorry.)

My ideal car (aside from a reasonably priced Zanardi);
- red with tan/camel interior
- manual tranny
- very close to stock, or easy to return to stock
- low to medium mileage
- one to two owners
- very good to excellent condition

Thanks again!
Looking forward to joining you guys!

I would suggest looking at the Zanardi (#38 I think) in AutoTrader. It is located in Torrance, CA, and I test drove it before buying the one in MN. It is in like-new condition, with no major rattles (the one I finally bought has one annoying rattle). The only downside I could find is that it has been very lightly smoked in, but it is almost imperceptible and I think most people wouldn't notice. All you need to do is clean out the ashtray. Although the owner lists he wants $65K, he is willing to go down to $60K. The car really does have only about 5900 miles, as advertised, and is very clean.

Back