• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

www.nsxhelp.com

Originally posted by Andrie Hartanto:
I really hope he asked permission from Lud first.
I hope so too...

Most of the earlier material is from the FAQ, which pre-dates both the NSXPRIME and NSXSC discussion forums.

A lot of it was compiled from owner/enthusiast/company input from the various NSX discussion lists, which in turn predate the NSXCA.

Someone e-mailed me about the site a few months ago. You know what they say... Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I guess.

Originally posted by JoeSchmoe:

DOH! Thats just wrong. Time to call the lawyers.

Errm, you guys do realize that nsxhelp is one of Bill Pierce's many domains, don't you?
eek.gif

BTW, it hasn't been updated in ages... since Bill is off playing with his Cobra.
rolleyes.gif

------------------
Andrew Henderson
The NSX Model List Page

"We have long acknowledged that enthusiasm for things automotive is a sure
sign of emotional instability if not outright dementia"
- Brock Yates

To set the record straight: Nobody asked me anything. I learned about the site through a third party after it had been created.

Like Todd, I do not view anyone as a "competitor" because I am not in this as a business or for the money (what money?). There is so much I want to do with this site that I do not have time or energy to waste worrying about what others are doing.

Originally posted by lemansnsx:
Errm, you guys do realize that nsxhelp is one of Bill Pierce's many domains, don't you?
eek.gif

BTW, it hasn't been updated in ages... since Bill is off playing with his Cobra.
rolleyes.gif

If it is indeed Bill's site and he did it without asking permission from Lud, I am thoroughly dissapointed. Especially since Bill charge people to advertise in his site, thus making his site commercialize. Earning money through other people hardwork is totally wrong.

Originally posted by Andrie Hartanto:
If it is indeed Bill's site and he did it without asking permission from Lud, I am thoroughly dissapointed. Especially since Bill charge people to advertise in his site, thus making his site commercialize. Earning money through other people hardwork is totally wrong.

Yes, the disclaimer at the bottom of his page does seem to say that he has Lud's permission... if that's not the case he should certainly fix it.

------------------
Andrew Henderson
The NSX Model List Page

- Brock Yates

The issue I have is that some of the info is very much out-of-date (ie. SmarTenna contact info) and so far I have not heard any reply from my request to have it deleted or changed.

Bryan Zublin

------------------
Zublin Engineering
http://www.zublin.com

Originally posted by BryanZublin:
The issue I have is that some of the info is very much out-of-date (ie. SmarTenna contact info) and so far I have not heard any reply from my request to have it deleted or changed.

Bryan Zublin

Yes, I noticed that. All of the model list and contact info for me is way out of date.

------------------
Andrew Henderson
The NSX Model List Page

- Brock Yates

Just to set the record straight, I just found out about this discussion and I think I owe you guys an explanation and apology. First, NSXHelp.com is not a public site, it was a domain that I owned at one time and was installed for semi-private use by a few close friends. -name withheld- and -name withheld- came up with a revised format of Lud's FAQ and the NSXSC.com information, plus a lot of their own original material and installed it on the site for their own personal use. If you will notice, nowhere on the NSXSC.com site do we link to NSXHelp.com. It is a semi-private site not intended to replace the FAQ. How the heck did someone find the darn thing in the first place? We’re sorry someone found it and made a big deal out of it. The site has not been updated in a year and I doubt -name- or -name- have uploaded anything in over a year. I have not been involved in the content of that site, just allowed them to use the domain name. I have no control over the content of the site.

Lud makes it quite clear that you can copy the FAQ, read his copyright notice:

Entire contents of this website Copyright 1997-2000 NSX Prime. All rights reserved. Any person is hereby authorized to view, copy, print, and distribute this document subject to the following conditions:

The document may be used for informational purposes only.

The document may only be used for non-commercial purposes.

Any copy of this document or portion thereof must include this copyright notice. Note that any product, process or technology described in the document may be the subject of other Intellectual Property rights reserved by another company or individual and are not licensed hereunder.

If you will notice, the bottom pages of NSXHelp show NSXPrime as one of the many sources. You guys also know that the material on NSXPrime was gathered from other peoples original thoughts or common knowledge, therefore NSXPrime, NSXSC, or NSXhelp may not even own the material so we state that too. I'm not here to debate the site with anyone, I just don't want anyone to think that I was trying to do harm to Lud. Lud's a good guy, he's stayed at my house, I helped him inspect his blue car so he could buy it, and we have always had a good relationship. So please don't try to start crap with Lud and I.

Thanks for hearing my side. Now, please don’t use that site! You were not invited!
biggrin.gif

- Bill

[This message has been edited by nsxsc (edited 14 May 2002).]

Bill,
Any search engine can find any internet site. My posting was prompted by an NSX owner who found www.nsxhelp.com and then emailed me asking questions about the SmarTenna. I assume that he found it through a search engine.

I emailed [email protected] regarding the errors on nsxhelp.com and never received a reply... so I posted here.

Bryan Zublin

Actually, my mom also found that sight before she bought Eddie's NSX.

I told her about NSXPrime, the forums and the faq, but I guess she hadn't made it here.

She then told me about the great info on that sight, and, when I checked it out, I was suprised, to say the least.

I think the forum post that started this all off was someone wondering what would happen if there was a crash at Lud's host and we lost data, so someone wanted to mirror the information. I could be wrong, through. I seem to remember even offering to help compile and port some of the HTML to a new format for the faq.

I recently came across this site.

Unfortunately, with the way that the site is designed, many search engines will rank it above NSXPrime. Much of the content copy and pasted from NSXPrime FAQs is already far out of date. With a wave of new revision to bring the NSXPrime FAQs up to date, the site will continue to be based on the old content, and many individuals searching for information will see this inaccurate or out-dated content.

The more support and information about our common interest is great. The original content provided from users of NSXSC.com that is also on the site is indeed helpful.

However, may I make the proposal that the copied NSXPrime content be removed. It is possible to design the site such that when content in the FAQs is requested, its source originates from NSXPrime. I'd be willing to help with this.

-- Chris

------------------
Revolutionize your NSX with ScienceofSpeed
www.ScienceofSpeed.com | [email protected] | 877-863-4520

Back