• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Yet another CE28N fitment thread

Hi guys,

I'm really keen to buy Volk CE28N for my NSX and finding the 17/18 fitment options frustrating. As you may or may not know, they have discontinued a bunch of offset options for these wheels a couple of years ago, leaving the ideal offsets not available.

Ideally I *think* I want 17x8 +38 and 18x9.5 +34, but neither of these options are available any longer.

The link below tells me I can get 17x8 in +33 or +44, and 18x9.5 in +28 or +40.

http://www.rayswheels.co.jp/2009/products/wheel_en.php?code=VOLK_CE28N10&size=17&for=domestic

Requirements :-
I want to have clearance for possible BBK upgrade later on if required.
I don't want to have to run an alignment to fit wheels that requires a crazy amount of camber causing terrible tyre wear.
I really don't want to run spacers if possible

Does anyone know if they will manufacture the wheels in a custom offset for an additional charge?

What are everyone's thoughts here? Cheers!

In my recent wheel search, I too looked at Volk and specifically the G25 and CE28N.

Depending on the spoke shape, the more aggressive fitment will provide a greater clearance for BBK (generalization). With that being said, I think the latter fitment options are just too weak. 8+44 and 9.5+40. But this obviously depends on your drop, your tires and your needs/desires.

I'd recommend the 17x8 +33 and 18x9.5 +28. Not super aggressive

Cheers guys.

I know 18x9.5 +28 is alright but I was more concerned with 17x8 +33 on the front as others have mentioned rubbing with this width/offset. I know it depends on the brand/model of tyre and alignment too, however I really don't want a setup I can't drive hard due to potential damage to the fender.

SOS pricing and shipping on wheels isn't competitive in Australia, unfortunately. I would love to buy through them, my experiences with every purchase so far have been 100%.

Back