• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Your'e driving tunes?..... From Aerosmith to ZZ top

So what does everyone listen to when there driving their NSX? If you like Jazz, Rock, Pop, R&B or whatever. It would be fun to know what others enjoy along with their car will driving. Don't be ashamed if you listen to Opera or Heavy Metal. I'm a big fan of Alternative, Rock & Roll and Hip Hop. In my area there are stations like KROQ(alternative), KPWR(hiphop) and a few others that I like.

Some of the bands that I like are: Limp Bizkit, Depeche Mode, Linkon Park, Beastie Boys, Godsmack, Kid Rock, House of Pain, Green Day, Blink 182, Drowning Pool, 311 and so on.

What are you guys (and girls) listening to?

I'm a fan of jazz, rock, simple acoustic guitar (esp. flamenco), and just about most flavors of music to some extent (except country and very heavy metal).

Best album for short drives:
Bon Jovi's One Wild Night, Tracks 1-3 (track 1 is a GREAT start-your-engines track as it sounds like a rocketship taking off for the first four bars).

Best album for medium length trips:
Gypsy Passion (Flamenco Guitar collection). Track 14 especially.

Best album for long trips:
Miles Davis, Some Kind of Blue

I suppose the longer the trip, the mellower I like my music, to avoid that "screaming in your face for too long" fatigue.

-David ('01 Silverstone 6 speed)

------------------

I know it probably sounds lame, but I find that Enya, when you're pushing the car hard, helps to keep you focused and smooth. Then again, that could just be me.

Oh, and for driving around town? Metallica...

I have to say my favorite driving tunes are the "car" songs from Pearl Jam.

"Rearview Mirror" and "MFC" are about just getting in your car, saying screw the world, and driving down the open highway......greatness.

Also, Tom Petty is awesome since most of his songs have a strong driving beat.

Other than that.....N'Sync and Britney!!!! :)

Glad someone asked
smile.gif

I found a song by accident and it is SUCH A GREAT DRIVING SONG!!!

Simple Minds- See The Lights
(Real Life album)

Fall or Spring Driving across the 8 miles of bridge from Tampa to Clearwater it was so up-lifting! Played song everyday both was over and over.

Soft song but its rythum builds so nicely as you drive. Fantastic!

Second best is U2 "Bad"

-Burbel
I personally like the type of music associated with Enya. It puts you in different moods which I like.

My favorite when driving on the Beltway (495) is Keith Urban's "Where the Blacktop Ends." When it's rush hour though or heavy traffic I switch Enya or Moby. Generally though I like all sorts of music except extremely heavy/punk metal...unless they have really great guitar rifts. Lately I've been really getting into Country.

Oh yea, I can't leave out Guns N Roses (I think my favorite band of all time). "Welcome to the Jungle" and "Sweet Child of Mine" for driving in D.C. and "November Rain" for the more mellow tunes.

Depeche Mode's rendition of "Route 66" mixed with "Behind the Wheel" is THE ideal cruising tune.

I'm forever trapped in the eighties, especially fond of the type of synth rock served up by Depeche Mode, New Order, Pet Shop Boys, O.M.D., Erasure, Eurythmics, etc. Though not necessarily driving songs, the tunes most heard in my NSX are "Nowhere Girl" and "One Night in Bangkok".

As for U2, I tend to prefer War and Achtung Baby.

I cannot listen to anything soft (a la Enya) while driving. I'll fall asleep!

Back in high school, I listened to a lot of Guns N Roses and Def Leppard while driving around town...but I hardly listen to those CDs any more.

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '97 Honda Civic HX (black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

I listen to Grand Master Flash, and all sorts of R&B artists. Damn shame about Aliyah... Damn Shame.

Lots and lots and lots of Techno, all styles.

Pearl Jam live concerts, the normal albums aren't as energizing. Tom Petty & Pink floyd are great too if just cruising around.

If I'm driving fast, I have a special disc full of go-fast tunes
smile.gif

In several previous mid-engined cars I have removed the radio completely - couldn't hear it with the supertrapp anyway
smile.gif

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one trapped in the 80s! My latest project is tracking down all of those bands from my club days and copying my favorite tracks to mini disc. My list includes New Order, Pet Shop Boys, Level 42, Blanc Mange, the Cure, and others to numerous to list! Also, I've recently re-discovered a liking for the Toasters - a truly great Ska band.

------------------
The NSX Model List Page

I have to admit, I am also trapped in the 80's. Most of the music you guys have mentioned, I know'em all. Am I old? Hell no, I won't grow out of the music that I grew up with. Recently went to a Depeche Mode concert(also went 10 years ago), they sound better than ever.

If I listened to the radio in the car it would be...QUEEN--I'M IN LOVE WITH MY CAR. I can't believe that no one mentioned that song. As for music in general I listen to everything and have no favorites. When I listen to music I always choose something that matches my mood. I will sometimes listen to gospel if I'm in the mood or Mudvayne if I'm in that kind of mood. I have never listened to any music, with or without vocals that I did not like. I wonder if Lud would setup a mp3 swapping service here for members only?

In the CD Changer of my NSX:

Godsmack - Godsmack
Blink 182 - Dude Ranch
Lit - Place in the Sun
Dokken - Erase the Slate
Armored Saint - Nod to the Old School
Foo Fighters - The Colour and the Shape

Warren Zevon.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

My favorite songs to listen to while driving my NSX fast are:

-"Radar Love" by Golden Earring
-"Suffragette City" by David Bowie
-"Everybody Wants To Rule The World" by Tears for Fears
-"Bohemian Like You" by The Dandy Warhols
-"This Beat Goes On/Switching to Glide" by The Kings
-"Tainted Love" by ??? (I can't remember)
-"Bette Davis Eyes" by Kim Carnes. Kim lives around the block from me, and her son goes to school with my son. Great '80's song.

VTEC only...
Hey Lemans, saw an ad on the tube recently by Time/Life books/records (Richmond,VA?) on an entire collection of all those great 80's
tunes-over 10 cds, can't remember how many, but it was pretty complete, a lot of obscure stuff too.price was like $150.00, but it seemed worth it for the package.
Keith

Back