• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Zanardi #29 JH4NA212XXT000156

Nice find. I think the main driver of the price is the low miles and not the fact it's a Zanardi. On autotrader there are only 7 examples of NSX for sale with less then 15k miles. One is a 1999 NSX T on sale for 70k.

I used the 50 miles per month calculation based on the original owner's lack of driving resulting in less than 4k miles in 12 years and assuming the owner didn't drive it during winter months.

And if you enjoyed driving your car for 10k miles in 4 years, imagine if you REALLY enjoyed it by driving it a lot more. :tongue: I know I am in somewhat of a minority since I do use mine as a daily driver in the summer in addition to 100 days/10,000+ miles of track time since I bought it in 1999 (it had 23k when I bought it and is up to 135k now - thank you LarryB!). But I also put a lot of mileage on my other cars (my E55 AMG has 230k and my E350 4matic got 40k in the last year alone) and enjoy driving in general.

I also realize that owning an NSX is a luxury for a lot of people so they may be hesitant in racking up the mileage since they intend to resell down the road and I can appreciate that. But overall, I think the best part of owning a car like an NSX is driving it, then driving it some more, and then driving it still more...........

I wondered where you got that 50 mile figure...that explains it, thanks.

Don't get me wrong, I would have liked to put more miles on my NSX but since it was strictly for pleasure I didn't get to drive it all that much. Another contrubuting factor was that I was always worried about leaving it parked just anywhere so I tended not to take it to very many public places. It's really hard to drive something a lot and keep it in tip top shape...as we all know.

I called to buy it and it is sold

I sure hope it's one of us Primers who pulled the trigger and waiting to surprise us with a post with many pics. :smile:

If so, he/she apparently acted super quick and didn't waste any time here in discussing its worth.

driver vs garage queen...age old debate.Think about this analogy..if this were Petprime...I imagine dog owners who love to play with/touch/hug thier pets would feel the same about fish owners.:wink:

LoL there is primer on here who says something along the lines of ---
parking you car and not driving it so the mileage doesn't go high is akin to not having sex with you chick so that the next guy can end up with tight low mileage
Girl.

parking you car and not driving it so the mileage doesn't go high is akin to not having sex with you chick so that the next guy can end up with tight low mileage
Girl.

Too funny
Good analogy though

Even though I believe 75k is high for this Zanardi, I doubt the price is that high simply due to the low mileage. Anyone plunking down 75k for a '99 irrespective of mileage is crazy in this market...

It's all subjective.

While we all know how bad the current economy is, one would be surprised to know how better equipped people are nowadays in preparing for down time. Fact is that no matter good times or bad times, there are people who still make big bucks or at least unaffected by all situations and the number of these people have increased after going through waves of financial crisis over the years. Simply speaking, they got smarter.

75k may worth a lot to many of us as it may be comfortable spending or even chump change to others. I don't want to turn this into a debate of different people's value of money but 75k really isn't all that much, particularly when it comes to buying a rare item. Here in Hong Kong, USD 75k can't even get you a Mercedes E350 and they are all over the street. Does that mean we have more wealthy people here on average? Maybe, but there are definitely more rich folks in the US by population.

Hence this Zanardi is a steal, IMHO.

Just for the record, sales transactions for NA1-R and NA2-R in Japan have been crazy over the past 6 months. All NA2-R in Route-KS have been sold out with the cheapest '03 with 12,500km priced at 18 million yen. The only one currently available to public is priced at 22 million yen with less than 5000km on a Japanese car website. There is also a 500km NA-1R selling for 14 million yen, too. Rare NSXs do have their value, we don't need to agree on that but it's pretty factual.

There are many things just can't be explained. I don't understand why people here would buy a 5000 square feet (at most) penthouse apartment for USD 55 million either.

Girl.

Geeze, don't be lazy and just go back one page.

"Keeping the miles off your car is like not have sex with your girlfriend so she is tight for the next guy"

It's Blacknot's famous signature. :wink:

Not to hijack this thread, but do you know anyone in Hong Kong interested in a package deal for a "gently driven" E55 AMG and and E350 4matic? :wink::biggrin:

Now don't you wish they are RHD? :biggrin:

But for real, importing pre-owned vehicles to HK has no benefit when they already vastly exist in the 2nd hand market. It's a PITA to go through vehicle inspection, tax apparaisel and all.

See I knew there was a primer with that analogy...and now I found him

Geeze, don't be lazy and just go back one page.

"Keeping the miles off your car is like not have sex with your girlfriend so she is tight for the next guy"

It's Blacknot's famous signature. :wink:

Girl.
Lol could be me. I own an 04 s2k. It currently has 153k on it. I have put 100k on it in 5 years. I also own a very nice Toyota tundra but it's no fun to drive so it sits unless it rains out. Owning a sports car and not driving it is a sin. I learned this years ago when my car got totaled from someone running a red light. Enjoy the car you can buy another one. I have put more miles on my Nsx in the past 3 months than the last 2 owners combined. I'm also enjoying the 30k in upgrades that I paid 10k over what a bone stock Nsx was selling for.

If I owned a dealership or automotive museum I'd snag that thing in a heartbeat for a historical display piece and occasional enjoyment.

Anything under $100k would be a steal compared to other forms of advertisement. Just think, when the 'new' NSX arrives, you can have them sit side-by-side.

I may be wrong but I though Zanardi #37, owned and displayed by Davis Acura at NSXPO 2011, had lower mileage:

EDIT: Davis' NSX is a little higher mileage, looks like a little over 4k, has Comptech SC, has never been titled and everyone laughed when it was on ebay in 2005 for 90k.

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50108&highlight=Zanardi+#37+davis+acura

IMG9328-XL.jpg

IMG9330-XL.jpg

Last edited:
It is a shame that the dealership above missed the major differences when describing the car
What about
- wheels
- that it is a coupe
- shift knob and boot
- interior plastic finish color
- seats material / sticking
- exterior color - new formula red versus formula red.
- no power steering
- lighter battery
- grill material inside side ducts (like 2002+)

Re: interesting...

Maybe in 20 yrs. $74,900= 100k +

The remaining Zanardi with this low mileage will be very limited.

I love to buy this one!

For comparison, look at what the muscle cars are bringing coming across the auction block. Limited edition, original low miles, untouched. This car 25 years from now in it's current state will bring 5-10 times that. It's the high school crush theory. The guys who lusted after this in high school who have become flush with cash (after 40 years) will pay it. No doubt. I know I'm in the minority here, but there's something special about an untouched NSX in it's intended state. My thought is, 25 years from now that sentiment will be much greater.

Re: interesting...

For comparison, look at what the muscle cars are bringing coming across the auction block. Limited edition, original low miles, untouched. This car 25 years from now in it's current state will bring 5-10 times that. It's the high school crush theory. The guys who lusted after this in high school who have become flush with cash (after 40 years) will pay it. No doubt. I know I'm in the minority here, but there's something special about an untouched NSX in it's intended state. My thought is, 25 years from now that sentiment will be much greater.

Perfect logic. I just don't think it will take 25 years.

Actually NOT!
If u look closely it's listed by isringhausen so it never was actually sold as the dealer claimed it was to however called. Either tha lt or this person has the same handle as the dealer.

Z

So someone buys a zanardi for $70k and turns around and sells it on ebay for $75k?! Wow that person doesnt care about the gem he/she just bought, and only wants to make a quick profit. That's kinda sad actually, i wish i could afford it...:frown:

Back