• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Building A New Race NSX @ Driving Ambition

Update,
We loaded Kip's car in the trailer and headed to to Sears Point today for a couple shake down laps. Everything worked great and we are now headed for ButtonWillow. We have to finish in the top 6 in the NASA time trail event with both Kip and Igor to be able to run the Super Street Time Attack Finals this coming Wednesday. Hopefully we can make the Time Attack event and run along side the Factor X guys. Cheers, Shad

Attachments

• IMG_1084small.jpg
    IMG_1084small.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,114
  • IMG_1085small.jpg
    IMG_1085small.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 974
  • IMG_1086small.jpg
    IMG_1086small.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 821
I have a feeling it will be stupid fast:biggrin: Let us know in painful detail what if any problems/adjustments need to made as the car is tested.

I think i can speak for everyone here when i say I have never seen a full race car built so fast, so right, and caring about the customer as much as you. Secondly, we better see this in a f$^*$%( magazine!!!!!!! and at time attack.

and ps- wasn't enzo a simple tractor operator :wink:

Update,
We loaded Kip's car in the trailer and headed to to Sears Point today for a couple shake down laps. Everything worked great and we are now headed for ButtonWillow. We have to finish in the top 6 in the NASA time trail event with both Kip and Igor to be able to run the Super Street Time Attack Finals this coming Wednesday. Hopefully we can make the Time Attack event and run along side the Factor X guys. Cheers, Shad

Just talked with Kip on the cell. No issues...just doing some adjustments here and there.

Sounds like the NSX is awesome! 10x better then his OEM/track prep-1st American-Touge champ NSX and being a passenger in it many times, that was a beast back then...more so with the CT-cooled-3.5

I can only say....Shad, please please put the passenger seat on :biggrin:

GOOD LUCK GUYS! kick some ass and put those radicals and Porsche behind ya!!

after I seen it on thurs, freakin awesome. so many One-Off custom made, CF this, powder coat that, and so much more...see the rear Bumper! custom.

Congrats SHAD and the DA team on a magnificent build!!

Update,
Day One @ ButtonWillow went great, car ran good and Kip is getting up to speed. We only had some small steering wheel and pedal changes to make, to get Kip fit to the car on the track. So far our 520 rwhp turbo is enough to spin the tires in 3rd gear and Kip is getting better with how much different the the power is from his Supercharger. Kip ran a best time of 2:00.4 with was good enough for 3rd in the TTU class behind two Radicals. But the JIC guys were also here testing, one in a Porsche and Billy Johnson in a RX8. The Porsche got into the 1:55 range, so we still have a lot of work to do. But for our first day with a brand new car we are very happy. Igor gets here tomorrow and we should have two NSX's on track and trying to get into the Super Street Time Attack on Wednesday. Cheers, Shad

Attachments

• IMG_1104small.jpg
    IMG_1104small.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 770
  • IMG_1106small.jpg
    IMG_1106small.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 691
  • IMG_1109small.jpg
    IMG_1109small.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 1,493
  • IMG_1112small.jpg
    IMG_1112small.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 850
  • IMG_1118small.jpg
    IMG_1118small.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 745
Good-luck to Kip, Igor, and DA...I was actually hoping to get a glimpse of Kip's car testing friday @Thill instead, but I'm sure the 104 octane that circulates in Kip's blood will certainly earn him a top qualifying time with his new red beast.

Staying tuned...

Car looks great! Go get'em guys we would love to have the premier NSX tuner out there with us at the Finals. It will increase the chances of an old car like NSX taking it home:)

Shad, lets hear it :biggrin: I know the goal was 2200lb what's the corner weights :confused:

You know my cars going to be under 2199lbs :eek: that might be without the motor but still :wink:

Good luck guys can't wait to hear about all the WIN, win, win.....

Oh and how did Kip do with that 8 thousand dollar button on the steering wheel :tongue:

BTW: you have my cell # but know calls????? I guess you didn't need a professional tire guy on the trip :smile:

Update,
Sorry for not posting sooner it has been a very busy week. During testing (qualifying for us) last Sunday @ ButtonWillow. We found we had a had head gasket that was leaking and caused the engine to push the water out of the system. Luckily we did run fast enough to make it in to the Super-Lap Battle. We brought the car back to the shop and changed the gaskets (along with some changes to the block). On Wednesday @ ButtonWillow everything seamed to run OK (very much to my surprise) and Kip got up to speed. We soon realized that we might have made the wrong tire choice. Everyone in our class seamed to only get about 6 laps on a set of tires and ours looked great after 30? But Kip ran a very respectable time and finished 5th in class and 9th overall. We are very pleased to have gotten the chance to run in this event and compete with some of the top names/teams in the country. I would very much like to thank the following company's for the support and sponsorship (I guess we need to find a tire sponsor if we want to run any more Time Attacks). Cheers, Shad

Niello Acura, AEM, Motul, RC Injection, Science of Speed, Taitec, CT Eng.

Attachments

• IMG_1121small.jpg
    IMG_1121small.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 785
  • IMG_1134small.jpg
    IMG_1134small.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 1,053
  • IMG_1136small.jpg
    IMG_1136small.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 1,073
  • IMG_1146small.jpg
    IMG_1146small.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 585
  • IMG_1153small.jpg
    IMG_1153small.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 612
  • IMG_1156small.jpg
    IMG_1156small.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 524
  • IMG_1157small.jpg
    IMG_1157small.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 647
  • IMG_1159small.jpg
    IMG_1159small.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 549
  • IMG_1168small.jpg
    IMG_1168small.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 660
  • IMG_1170small.jpg
    IMG_1170small.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 610
  • IMG_1178small.jpg
    IMG_1178small.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 1,119
Amazing build Shad! Congrats on an excellent finish at Buttonwillow (especially considering this was the cars debut and the speed at which you got everything together)!

I don't think I could possibly be alone when I say you must be one of the hardest working guys in our community.

Hats off to you guys!

Great seeing you out there Kip and Shad. The car looked great and the worksmanship is top notch. You guys did great out there for a new car! I know how you feel about the tires, we ran our competition lap on the Yokohama AO48s. While everyone else in the class is running the super sticky Hankooks. Congrats again and we are looking foward to next year!

Thanks for the open house today Shad and to hear everything's working well even in the shake down phase. And it was good to see Bob. Hadn't seen him in years. Would've like to BS with him some but he was hawking clutches in his down home way. Good to see he hasnt' changed a lick. :smile:

Sorry I left a little drool on the car's rear fender. LR, I think it was, but I wiped it off with my dirty sleeve. I had to get out of there because I was getting an urge to rip the fenders off. :redface:

Did that lazy dozer operator you call a driver ever show up to sign autographs? He probably just showed up for lunch, huh? :rolleyes:

Great seeing you out there Kip and Shad. The car looked great and the worksmanship is top notch. You guys did great out there for a new car! I know how you feel about the tires, we ran our competition lap on the Yokohama AO48s. While everyone else in the class is running the super sticky Hankooks. Congrats again and we are looking foward to next year!

so the Hankook is the new king of the R compound?? care to share more information on it.

Re: Hey Shad, good thing....

Thanks Ted, you just made me feel much better about myself. I could do a monster S2000 project and still not compare to the sickness that this guy has. Kip:biggrin:

Your sickness runs deep...:smile:
You have been able to infect others with your disease. :wink:
While my daughter is in college I need to be in remission.

I have 110K miles & 111 track days on the original motor.
It will keep up with just about everything on track.
Whats not to Love about the NSX.

Back