• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Shooting the Breeze... What's up?

I'm a loon? I haven't been riding much lately. First it was too damn hot. Then it finally cooled off and I caught a cold. Boo hoo. Tomorrow I'm going for it, at least 20 miles. No excuses.

I'll text you about lunch. Next week?

Um. So. It's been a month since the wonderful BBQ at Huntington Beach. I could call Les, but I'm just posting here instead, any plans in the making for the next drive? :smile: :smile: :smile:

Um. So. It's been a month since the wonderful BBQ at Huntington Beach. I could call Les, but I'm just posting here instead, any plans in the making for the next drive? :smile: :smile: :smile:

You could and should call.:wink:

BTW I see you can make time for a lunch with Jon but not me, just sayin................:rolleyes:

You could and should call.:wink:

BTW I see you can make time for a lunch with Jon but not me, just sayin................:rolleyes:

Jonathan is a hot young stud. You're not. :biggrin:

We only said, "Hi" and then Ramon put him back to work. :rolleyes:

But I'm a hot older stud.:tongue:

Okay, I'll accept that. :cool:

Hey, here's what happened when I got stung by a bee in the forehead and then rode my ElliptiGO another 2 miles with the stinger still pumping out poison...

^Stung at 4:30 PM on Sunday (10-19-2014)

^Removed stinger back at my car at around 5 PM.

^At Kaiser Urgent Care around 9 PM. Shot of Prednisone, Rx for 6 days of prednisone and Rx for strong antihistamine.

I did my volunteer job at Saddleback Hospital on Monday and told the nurses in the surgery recovery area about the sting and why my face was puffy. One nurse told me she thought I "had work done" and that was why my face was puffed up, so she was going to be polite and not mention it. That's Orange County for you. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Ouch!!

The puffy face didn't hurt although it was uncomfortable, but the bee sting was really bad. I was having a blast on my ElliptiGO on the best section of the whole ride when the sudden sharp pain made me skid to a halt and throw my helmet off. I was sniveling like a baby but what can you do when you're on a bike path? All back to normal, today, after three days.

Looking for something different to do? I went to Bodies: The Exhibit, in Buena Park last Sunday. I thought it was very interesting and want to go back, again. Guts galore. Want to see real bodies (cadavers): muscles, bones, nerve structure, a gall bladder, a kidney full of kidney stones, what a diaphragm really looks like, what nasty smokers lungs look like...? I was quite surprised to learn that a male package really is a package. All but two of the cadavers are male and I learned that the package keeps the juevos in a, well, package, instead of being separated like they would be with out it. I was surprised how large the diaphragm is. It's a big, flat muscle between the upper guts and the intestines, and causes us to inhale and exhale. I also learned that fat bellies that hang like an apron do so because the body really does have a fat hanging apron. "Often described as a "fatty apron," the omentum is a sheet of fatty tissue that hangs down in front of the intestines, providing a protective cushion."

I bought the tickets with a Groupon coupon but if you buy them online it's $20 a person. There's no place to sit down so it's not good to go to if you're already tired, like I was. I had put up my house Christmas lights the night before and my back was wasted. That's why I want to go back; so I can spend more time.

Last edited:
Good for you...we call the omentum the abdominal policeman...because it can surround and seal off inflammation or infection from the surrounding structures.

Good for you...we call the omentum the abdominal policeman...because it can surround and seal off inflammation or infection from the surrounding structures.

^Interesting. If it did do that, would there likely be a lump and tender spot?

you would have been suffering from the pain of whatever was causing the inflammation irregardless of what the omentum was doing.....I would expect that you would not feel a lump in the average person ,maybe an experienced examiner with a thin patient.

you would have been suffering from the pain of whatever was causing the inflammation irregardless of what the omentum was doing.....I would expect that you would not feel a lump in the average person ,maybe an experienced examiner with a thin patient.

That makes sense. I have no medical background but I've been volunteering for over six years in the surgery waiting room of a hospital, helping the families feel in the know while they wait. It's made me more curious about the body.

good for you...that is very admirable,I'm sure many families are grateful to have someone to talk to about their loved ones.

good for you...that is very admirable,I'm sure many families are grateful to have someone to talk to about their loved ones.

You know what they really end up doing is talking to each other. I feel like a party hostess, a bit. I'll talk to one person and others will hear and then they'll talk to each other. I love to see what each day brings. I had a couple of women who learned that they were from the same town in Illinois and had common friends. Chatting with each other helps the time pass and lessens their worries. I never talk about the surgeries. It's especially fun for me because I was the frightened introvert in high school. This feels so much better. :smile:

I got bit hard by the mod bug this week. I ordered the following parts for my car.

Zanardi rear sway bar
Dali Street/Race front sway bar
Extended links for the front sway bar
Non compliant rear beam bearings and toe links

Snap over steer scares the hell out of me (I spun out 3 times at the HPDE at NSXPO in Las Vegas). I've been told that these modifications will minimize snap over steer.

Anyone else have this set up?

I got bit hard by the mod bug this week. I ordered the following parts for my car.

Zanardi rear sway bar

Snap over steer scares the hell out of me (I spun out 3 times at the HPDE at NSXPO in Las Vegas). I've been told that these modifications will minimize snap over steer.

that will work just fine.....but some of your xpo spins might have also come from trying to hustle the auto trans.

Indeed now you are shifty.....:cool:

It sure has been crystal clear, lately!

^12-26-2014. View from my house. That's (closed) Oakley in the foreground and looking to the west, across Irvine.

^12-26-2014. View from my deck. Newport Beach buildings at the edge, where the land meets the Pacific, and Catalina Island out there.

^12-27-2014. Some of you guys know Jerry F. He moved to Phoenix and got married but he's in town seeing his family. We did a 30 mile ride from Irvine to Back Bay in Newport Beach. He rides a single-speed bike and kicks my ass on my 11-speed, but his bike weighs at least 20 lbs less than my ElliptiGO. He's also 11 years older than me. He's in tip-top shape.

^The same buildings in Newport Beach are in this photo that I can see from my house on a clear day. That's my fine ElliptiGO, there.

Zanardi rear sway bar

Call me if you need someone to install your bushings Mario :smile:

Back