• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fayetteville NC NSX's

Hey Tyler - Yea, still haven't made it home yet, so my phone is still suspended. (Will be active again on the 27th - Same number.) Though I won't be home until the 30th, and then headed out again on the 2nd to pick up the car.

Bought a new lens with fisheye converter to add to the handful of others I have for my Sony NEX5 camera, along with a new GoPro (as I couldn't remember if my original is easily accessible, or currently in storage), so I'll have plenty of pictures and videos to share with everyone of several key places like: Angeles Crest higway, Vegas, Aspen, the Grand Canyon, US-28/US-129 (Tail of the Dragon), and etc. So long as nothing happens to my schedule, I'll be at the Dragon on the 8th of July, and will continue on to Charlotte, likely around lunch time, on the 9th. Feel free to meet us/stay the night if you want! (And by "Us", I mean Greg Porter and myself.)

Don't forget that all the old 8th gen "heads" (Santiago, Greg Porter, Berdonfat (Brandon Brown), Dan Hale, Mattsbobo (Matt Kushner), Mr. & Mrs. Rotrax, E.T. & wife, Webby, etc etc etc) now go with the 9th gen crowd these days. Their event will be 17-20 Sept this year. I plan to join them.

As far as the "custom" Koni setup for the Civic, yea, it is FINALLY finished! Was delivered a couple weeks ago. Even though it was hugely late getting to me (by oh, about 8 months), I've got nothing but good things to say about Chris Shenefield... That guy really knows the value of "Customer Assistance".

Man I wish I could meet up with you guys on the 8th and 9th but its probably too close to put in for some time off and I'm slammed at work.
I didn't know the local 8th guys are now affiliated with the 9th gen community, haven't been active on any of the forums lately. A bit strange since the 9th gen K-motor leaves alot to be desired.

Tell Greg I still have those FEEL's FD2/FA5 Over Fenders sitting in the garage, and I'd cut him a deal on them!

That is a bit of a wait for the RedShift setup but heck you've been in the armpit of the world so it's not like you were waiting for them to put on immediately. I'm sure they'll be worth the wait and I'm interested to know if you'll need that neck brace/hans device to drive the FG on the street! Haha
I ended up waiting about 4 month for my SVM cams while I was out and about a few years ago .. the good things are always worth the wait!

Drive safe and can't wait to see some video footage!

Give me a holler when you are settled back in NC or if you need any help moving some things from storage.

-Tyler

Man I wish I could meet up with you guys on the 8th and 9th but its probably too close to put in for some time off and I'm slammed at work.
I didn't know the local 8th guys are now affiliated with the 9th gen community, haven't been active on any of the forums lately. A bit strange since the 9th gen K-motor leaves alot to be desired.

Tell Greg I still have those FEEL's FD2/FA5 Over Fenders sitting in the garage, and I'd cut him a deal on them!

That is a bit of a wait for the RedShift setup but heck you've been in the armpit of the world so it's not like you were waiting for them to put on immediately. I'm sure they'll be worth the wait and I'm interested to know if you'll need that neck brace/hans device to drive the FG on the street! Haha
I ended up waiting about 4 month for my SVM cams while I was out and about a few years ago .. the good things are always worth the wait!

Drive safe and can't wait to see some video footage!

Give me a holler when you are settled back in NC or if you need any help moving some things from storage.

-Tyler

No worries if you can't make it. Plenty of other opportunities to get together there within the course of a year.

The reason behind the mish-mash of 8th and 9th owners was likely due to AutoGuide taking over the 8thgen forums, and Webby creating the new 9thcivic.com forums - Many of the original personnel/admins/moderators followed him there. (Many of which are people you and I are familiar with/friends with, hence the reason I migrated as well.)

I'll try to remember to remind Greg... My memory has been better in previous years.

Chris seems to believe that canyon runs, and the like, with those spring rates (500/900) will still be possible... I'm not entirely convinced without trying it myself, but I guess I'm hopeful at least, but not expecting much either in the way of consistent tire contact on the streets :\

Thanks for the offer to help move some stuff. I'll be looking for a new job when I get back, as there is a large possibility that I'll be laid off, but if you're still within a reasonable distance to wherever I end up, I might take you up on the offer. Conveniently, PODS was used this time around, so things will only have to be moved a short distance, and once.

Hey if you guys do any meets soon, I'd love to come up. I'm in Florence (ab 1:20 away).

Hey everyone, I just bought a red '92 coupe. Hope to see y'all around Fayetteville!
IMG_0399.jpg

Yo,

Saw you twice yesterday driving around the butner/reily intersection. Car looks good man!

Yo,

Saw you twice yesterday driving around the butner/reily intersection. Car looks good man!

Thanks Mike!
What color is your Si? I've seen a couple around, but don't know which one is you.

Thanks Mike!
What color is your Si? I've seen a couple around, but don't know which one is you.
I'm Tyler actually ;)

My FG2 doesn't come onto Bragg often unless I'm feeling frisky that day, fighting the exedy twin disk isn't fun on post, but it is Galaxy Grey, All-Mighty Grey Regamasters, FEEL'S front lip, very subtle.

I'd be Mike :)

Nighthawk black & bronze Advans (during the summer months)

Ah, Tyler, got it. I must've seen your Volt that day then, I think you gave a thumbs up?

And Mike, Tyler, I just saw that there's the C&C in Rocky Mount 06SEP. I might go there, then hit up Smithfield outlets that day too.
I'll be around this wkend if yall want to meet up.

Yogo,

I won't be showing "face" in the Fayetteville area with the NSX around Fayetteville & surrounding areas until I close on my new place. (Eg. Until I have a place to keep the car.)

In the meantime, I have it stored out of town.

Yogo, yeah that was me in the Volt, great daily driver!

Mike, No luck on the house hunt yet?

Tyler, yea man, found another place and should be closing towards the end of the month, or thereabouts

Tyler, yea man, found another place and should be closing towards the end of the month, or thereabouts
Mike,
Glad to hear! Close already so I can see this unicorn you got! What area of raeford did you end up in?

Yo,
I definitely won't be able to make it to Rocky Mount on 6 Sept, due date for our little boy is 9 Sept ! wo0t wo0t !

Jerry at Extreme Soundz in Lumberton has a white NA1 and he frequently visits the Wilmington C&C .. seems like a good one.
You should stop in and check his shop out sometime if you are "down south" Awesome shop and great guys!

Last edited:
Tyler,

It's near my old place. Off of Phillipi Church rd.

Back