• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

whiteNSXs HID kits

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Blue Knight
2. s2kNSX
3. synergy004
4. Vytas
5. M.Scott
6. Blood Stone
7. nsx_moda
8. NSXRAY1
9. Chippy (high,low)

Hi Chippy,
I realized that you are not in North America. Unless your car uses 9006 and 9005 halogen, my kit will not fit your car. I believe yours use H1 bulbs.
Steve

1. Blue Knight
2. s2kNSX
3. synergy004
4. Vytas
5. M.Scott
6. Blood Stone
7. nsx_moda
8. NSXRAY1
9. Chippy (high,low)
10. L_RAO (low beam only)

Hey so the kit my european friends have gotten from you is a different one?
I did build a few European NSX kits before. However, due to the fact that the H1 system does not have a specific harness and it has a very peculiar polarity in the European NSX, I don't think that product was truly a plug and play kit as I wanted it to be unlike the USA kit. That's why I no longer build and sell them. I am sorry.
BTW, I have placed the order to get the raw materials and they will arrive early November.
Steve

Just installed this kit and its worth every penny. Very clean install and excellent directions

OK,
I got all the parts. I understand that if people on the list changed their minds since it took me so long to get all the part. So no problem at all if so.

There is this guy who keeps asking me repeatedly in various threads, with a harassing tone, that if my 35w kit is brighter than his "brighter" 55w kit on his GTO and his brother's RX-8.
Well, I have pretty much played with many HID kits out there. I have bought a set of 55w kit to examine. I am not impressed with the build quality of it nor I see a big difference of brightness. Maybe, it is a little bit brighter if you look at it from outside but I am not sure if I see any difference in illumination from behind the steering wheel. The initial current draw is 12 amps and then drops to about 6.5 amp at steady state. Instead of building a kit to sell it, I wired it up with external relay and used it on my foglights. 12 amp clearly is not something that the stock wiring should handle. Bottomline is, since 55w kit offers little practical lighting advantage, I deemed it not suitable for my kit so I simply won't offer it. Instead, I want to use high quality components to build a kit that offers excellent lighting and plug and play convenience.
So there it is. A simple answer to a recurring question.
Steve

Steve the fact that you took the time and expense to test the 55w bulb against yours speaks boatloads about your integrity/professionalism and transparancy!

Just installed my lights this morning. Quality is top notch and the instructions are well written.

1st one took me about 1 hour, 2nd one took me 25 minutes.

Thanks again, Steve!

OK,
I got all the parts. I understand that if people on the list changed their minds since it took me so long to get all the part. So no problem at all if so.

There is this guy who keeps asking me repeatedly in various threads, with a harassing tone, that if my 35w kit is brighter than his "brighter" 55w kit on his GTO and his brother's RX-8.
Well, I have pretty much played with many HID kits out there. I have bought a set of 55w kit to examine. I am not impressed with the build quality of it nor I see a big difference of brightness. Maybe, it is a little bit brighter if you look at it from outside but I am not sure if I see any difference in illumination from behind the steering wheel. The initial current draw is 12 amps and then drops to about 6.5 amp at steady state. Instead of building a kit to sell it, I wired it up with external relay and used it on my foglights. 12 amp clearly is not something that the stock wiring should handle. Bottomline is, since 55w kit offers little practical lighting advantage, I deemed it not suitable for my kit so I simply won't offer it. Instead, I want to use high quality components to build a kit that offers excellent lighting and plug and play convenience.
So there it is. A simple answer to a recurring question.
Steve

Steve, your rep here speaks for itself. I have 3 of your kits and your product and service are beyond reproach. Screw anyone that thinks otherwise.

Steve, your rep here speaks for itself. I have 3 of your kits and your product and service are beyond reproach. Screw anyone that thinks otherwise.
I agree. When i recieved this kit i thought to myself one cant ask for a better kit. Top quality no doubt. I own an S2000 which has one of the best headlights out and these are close to as bright

Steve,

Any chance you might be able to make a kit with the yellow bulbs, 3000k? They would be for a 91. From what i have seen 3000k offers the most light possible.

Thanks,
Nathan

Steve,

Any chance you might be able to make a kit with the yellow bulbs, 3000k? They would be for a 91. From what i have seen 3000k offers the most light possible.

Thanks,
Nathan

Nathan,
Yes, I can. In fact, there is another member asking me to build him a high beam kit. I am however a little concerned about if such color would get one pulled over by the cops. Please let me know.
Steve

Steve

Excuse me if this has been answered before but I remember seeing a program from the UK which explained how the reflector for an HID bulb is shaped differently than the reflector for a regular halogen bulb. It went on to explain that if an HID bulb is used in a reflector designed for a halogen bulb the optical focus of the reflector is compromised and results in the light from the HID bulb in an ordinary reflector putting out a diffuse light that dazzles oncoming traffic (and not in a good way :biggrin:). If this is an issue, does it get addressed in your kits?

Nathan,
Yes, I can. In fact, there is another member asking me to build him a high beam kit. I am however a little concerned about if such color would get one pulled over by the cops. Please let me know.
Steve

I'm interested in the high beam kit!

Oh, and I've been meaning to contact you about my low beam kit, Steve.

About 2 months ago, one of my low beams started having intermittent start up issues. The particular low beam would not start until after multiple tries, but once I got it to turn on it would stay on as long as the car was on. It was pretty frequent at first and would take many tries to come on, but after some troubleshooting (finagling around with the wires and connections, and unplugging everything and replugging) it is not as frequent. Of course the factors, point to the most likely suspect being a loose connection. And from the troubleshooting, I think it is the stock connector that plugs into the headlight assembly.

And no way, am I questioning the quality of your product, cause it is flat-out amazing. I smile everytime I turn on the headlights and your HIDs cut on. Plus they were working and perfect for half a year now?

So do you think the most likely culprit is a loose connection?
I was trying to figure out a way to secure the main headlight assembly connectors together so that the pins make better contact and was thinking maybe a small zip-tie to mate them together.
Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks Steve

And the yellow 3000K high beams do sound like a pretty good idea.
Of course, they would only be for when you driving in a lonely and barren land without any oncoming traffic, and want the best possible visibility!

Last edited:
The beauty of the NSX headlights is that they are projector type, not reflector. Given the limitations of a conversion kit, it works out very well in real life. The beams have very sharp cut-offs without glaring the oncoming traffics or cars in front.
Hope this helps.
Steve

Steve

Excuse me if this has been answered before but I remember seeing a program from the UK which explained how the reflector for an HID bulb is shaped differently than the reflector for a regular halogen bulb. It went on to explain that if an HID bulb is used in a reflector designed for a halogen bulb the optical focus of the reflector is compromised and results in the light from the HID bulb in an ordinary reflector putting out a diffuse light that dazzles oncoming traffic (and not in a good way :biggrin:). If this is an issue, does it get addressed in your kits?

It sounds like a loose connection. I've PMed you and I will take care of things for you. As far as highbeam HID, I myself use 4300k. It is much brighter than the 3000k which has tinted bulbs. I would recommend 4300k high beam if one wants the brightest light.
Steve

I'm interested in the high beam kit!

Oh, and I've been meaning to contact you about my low beam kit, Steve.

About 2 months ago, one of my low beams started having intermittent start up issues. The particular low beam would not start until after multiple tries, but once I got it to turn on it would stay on as long as the car was on. It was pretty frequent at first and would take many tries to come on, but after some troubleshooting (finagling around with the wires and connections, and unplugging everything and replugging) it is not as frequent. Of course the factors, point to the most likely suspect being a loose connection. And from the troubleshooting, I think it is the stock connector that plugs into the headlight assembly.

And no way, am I questioning the quality of your product, cause it is flat-out amazing. I smile everytime I turn on the headlights and your HIDs cut on. Plus they were working and perfect for half a year now?

So do you think the most likely culprit is a loose connection?
I was trying to figure out a way to secure the main headlight assembly connectors together so that the pins make better contact and was thinking maybe a small zip-tie to mate them together.
Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks Steve

And the yellow 3000K high beams do sound like a pretty good idea.
Of course, they would only be for when you driving in a lonely and barren land without any oncoming traffic, and want the best possible visibility!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back