• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

McDork's Silver NSX-R inspired.

WOW!!! Never thought I'd see you sell this one. I really really love how incredibly sleek your car looks from any angle. The shaved keyholes, reflectors and signals makes SUCH a big difference in my eyes... it makes this masterpiece of a car easier on the eyes and more focus on the incredible lines of the NSX. Your 02+ conversion is easily one of the top 3 best executed here on Prime. All OEM parts makes a world of difference when it comes to fitment and quality. I think you also had the big ugly sticker in your engine bay removed and I think you had that area repainted or something. Lol, anyone would think you're nuts but I love it. Keep us posted in whats next in your stable. You will always a welcomed member here on prime!!

Thank you for the compliments as they make me feel slightly less crazy. I'll definitely keep everyone update on my new car as Hass has mentioned.

WOW!!! Never thought I'd see you sell this one. I really really love how incredibly sleek your car looks from any angle. The shaved keyholes, reflectors and signals makes SUCH a big difference in my eyes... it makes this masterpiece of a car easier on the eyes and more focus on the incredible lines of the NSX. Your 02+ conversion is easily one of the top 3 best executed here on Prime. All OEM parts makes a world of difference when it comes to fitment and quality. I think you also had the big ugly sticker in your engine bay removed and I think you had that area repainted or something. Lol, anyone would think you're nuts but I love it. Keep us posted in whats next in your stable. You will always a welcomed member here on prime!!

Mike,
Thank you very much. I greatly appreciate all of your compliments over the years. However, docjohn is correct about not being nsxless. I got pulled back into the nsxvortex.
Thanks again,
Chris

The NSX force is strong, leaving is futile :biggrin:

Can't wait to see what you do with this one.

Mike

Updated with new wheels: they are BC Forged 18x8.5/19x9.5" +44/35. Tires are Pirelli Zero Nero GT in 225/35 and 275/30. Also I plasti'ed the lip.

I don't feel like changing much at all about this car. So that's it.. I don't plan on doing anything else to the appearance.

Actual weight of the car on a truckstop scale was 3015lb full of gas with 42/58% f:r, so with these wheels it is 3000 on the nose.

CMC140 did an amazing job and I love this car!
icon14.png

View attachment 119534View attachment 119535View attachment 119536View attachment 119537View attachment 119538View attachment 119539View attachment 119540

Attachments

• nsx1-15-2.jpg
    nsx1-15-2.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 522
  • nsx1-15-7.jpg
    nsx1-15-7.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 454
  • nsx1-15-5.jpg
    nsx1-15-5.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 470
  • nsx1-15-8.jpg
    nsx1-15-8.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 471
  • nsx1-15-9.jpg
    nsx1-15-9.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 432
  • nsx1-15-1.jpg
    nsx1-15-1.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 413
  • nsx1-15-3.jpg
    nsx1-15-3.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 446
Last edited:
I think it looks incredible! Even though I had a thing for the other wheels, these have a wonderful understated awesomeness about them.
Looks very smart which isn't something I'd say about McDork. :smile:

Your HRE's Live On!

Don't be sorry -- wheels are like religions, people are never going to agree on them.

Anyway the HREs do look really awesome in person. I have them for sale here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/186872-HRE-440-Wheels-18-19-quot-with-Falken-Tires

Your HRE's Live On Brother!

Thanks for the Great Wheels, they make a Perfect addition to my HRE Family!
As soon as they arrived, I had the minor abrasions on the one wheel repaired
and all for of them re-polished. They look Great!

They definitely gave my Spa Yellow a more aggressive Look too!

[URL=http://s1251.photobucket.com/user/t-bodz/media/DSC04335_zps1npx4okq.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s1251.photobucket.com/user/t-bodz/media/004_zpsxfohvnjc.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s1251.photobucket.com/user/t-bodz/media/005_zpsiewncedz.jpg.html][/URL]

From This Look...

[URL=http://s1251.photobucket.com/user/t-bodz/media/DSC03499_zpse963084e.jpg.html][/URL]

Thanks again! They have found a Good Home!!

CMC140's car picked up another 5k miles so far and turned 25 years old last october -- and it is going strong. I have to say this car is a joy to drive.

Nothing much is different with the appearance.. it has a Lexan hatch and I swapped the NRG wing for a DF wing. Eventually it will get a bigger set of 225/40 and 275/35 tires when these wear out. But Mcdork-san made it so close to ideal for me that it will stay how it is.

Here are some pics gathered from different threads on Prime. (If you took any of these thanks! and let me know if you need a photo credit).

nsxpo-thermal2_zps2et1lzmn.jpg

nsxpo15-74drive-1_zpsr3fn9x02.jpg

16724374560_a9c33cd7a6_b_zpsaup4t1dt.jpg

16291773793_5a5c5c4859_b_zpslkqzs6tw.jpg

nsxpo15-group-shot1_zpsc8o4xvhv.jpg

nsxpo-drive1_zpsffz24ctp.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The car came to me tuned for 93 octane which we can't get here. So I would buy a few $10 gallons of 100oct race gas until my wallet screamed for mercy, and then fill up the rest with cheap AZ piss gas. But it was not happy -- weird tip-in throttle issues meant you didn't really know what you were going to get mid-corner, along with the tendency to stall above 5000' elevation, plus a rough idle.

I wondered if it was just the way the engine was in this trim.. and even considered going with a high-compression NA stroker since throttle response is one of the things that matter most to me. Actually I still might, ideally with ITBs to sweeten the deal, but with no E85 on my favorite longer drives, I am told that it wouldn't (safely) handle a 12:1 compression on 50% ethanol, and then even mid-to-high 11CRs on 91 pump could be out of the question. Chris at SoS talked a lot of sense about just optimizing what I have, so I took it there and got it refreshed with an AEM Infinity and Flex Fuel kit. Here is the dyno sheet on E85:

dyno-443whp-6-15_zpslumftedj.jpg

Note the ~360tq (at the crank), with 300ft/lbs already on tap at 3000rpm. And then with the power building all the way to 8000, it feels pretty dang frisky -- although the word to describe it is linear. My target weight will be 2700lb all gassed up (more to come on the weight loss mods).

The current build peppered with whatever typos I've made:

Engine:
Original C30A (unopened block w/ unmodified bottom end, stock compression).
Comptech supercharger with a Whipple 2.3L compressor. 86mm pulley (~10psi boost). Dayco Poly-Rib belt #5050745.
Tuned by Tony at UMS 6/15. 443whp/318tq with 85% ethanol on Dynapack (~500bhp/360tq)
Driving Ambition aftercooler with front mounted water to air heat exchanger.
Science of Speed big bore throttle body.
AEM Infinity-6 ECU.
SOS Infinity-6 harness kit.
AEM universal inline wideband UEGO controller.
SOS E85 FlexFuel kit.

Comptech air box lower half, modified Comptech top half for aftercooler, and Dali Racing intake scoop.
Injector Dynamics 1000cc injectors.
AEM oil and fuel pressure sensor kits.
AEM water, coolant and oil temp sensor kit.
AEM Open Element air intake temp sensor kit.
Aeromotive 340lph in tank fuel pump.
Toda billet oil pump gear.
ATI Super Damper.
SOS baffled oil pan.
SOS billet cam plugs.
STMPO billet coolant tank.
Koyo radiator. Dali dual fans.
RM Racing/Billy Boat headers with Jet Hot coating inside & out, Pride 300 cell high-flow cats, Fujitsobo Super Ti exhaust.

Drivetrain:
NA2 E61 6sp transmission (installed 5/15 at 60k mi, had 2k total mi previously).
OS Giken Superlock 1.5 way LSD, 4.62 final drive. 80mph = 3400rpm on 19" 275/30 rear tires.
RPS clutch with lightened flywheel.
Comptech clutch damper delete with Dali braided lines.

Comptech short shift kit.

So far I have had just monitored AFRs and boost on analog gauges. Now with sensors out the wazzoo I am looking forward to logging IATs and other parameters with a Gaugeart running off the AEM. I will report back here especially about the much-discussed heat soak issues.

Many thanks to
icon12.png
CMC140
icon14.png
plus Jeff & Chris @SoS
icon14.png
and Tony who did the brilliant tune at UMS.
icon14.png

Last edited:
Here are the exhaust sounds the way the car arrived to me. It's an Angus AP-X with test pipes and Billy Boat headers.

clip 1
clip 2
clip 3
clip 4

I will get a clip of the new exhaust but it's quieter.

- - - Updated - - -

And then the interior, I've been deleting the floor tar and firewall mat and getting it ready for Downforce Type-R seats.

int-1-16_zpsqtqty5mo.jpg

For me the Type-R interior could use lots more red, and I prefer the super rare "New Pure Red" interior which was sold here on just 21 or so cars. I was surprised how much of that stuff is still available OEM circa 2015:

int-red-oem1_zpstt9dewl1.jpg

Even the OEM floor mats, how much longer until these go out of stock? Note the slight color difference on the left vs the aftermarket mat on the right, which depends a lot on the light in the photo. The NSXCarpet.com stuff shown here is the lightweight version without the rubber backing:

int-1-16-reds_zpsqlussbbs.jpg

int-1-16_reds_zpssstplo8x.jpg

And then cobbling together a lightweight stereo -- just a mini-amp and 2 door speakers with a Lightning cable for a phone or iPod (no head unit). The volume knob is the on the top right and which will be mounted in the switch panel for JDM foglights. Total weight is 6lbs, which is less weight than what I have pulled out of the car in just random shitty old non-OEM wires. It will get installed in the next few weeks.. the specs are:
Rockford Fosgate PBR300x mini-amp, RF P165 door speakers, SOS speaker brackets, iSimple cord&charger for ipod/iphone, PAC LC-1 volume knob.

stereo-mini-amp-speakers1_zpsdi2jq7to.jpg

Lastly an aesthetic mod, the center speaker cover by Sduff. It is all real CF from scratch, not overlays.. the pic doesn't do it justice for the beauty of this part.

int-1-16-speaker-cover_zpsxhlzrzgb.jpg

I still love that machine and do miss it often. The neighbors......not so much. :smile: It's a good feeling to know that it's in good hands and you have certainly taken it to the next level.
Really nice job all around with the new mods and I'm excited to see the interior completed.

As if this car couldn't get any hotter, that red interior looks sick.

Looking sexy!

IF you ever want to try one of our s2000 flat bottom steering wheels with red suede, that would really pop in your car :)

Thanks.. I do enjoy looking at your cool stuff.

The AP1 S2k steering wheel that came with the car is definitely a keeper. It is a very functional upgrade I think, for the smaller diameter and since it's been made thicker and wrapped in Alcantara. A refresh in red suede would look great but I need to think about it.. there are occasions when stuff happens and my hands get really dirty. I think my ideal setup would be black leather and perforated alcantara.

Looks like my son approves:

fcb-2_zpsbrhl3egi.jpg

And how it looks now:

gutted2-16_zpsogrhkr1n.jpg

By the way to get the airbag (as well as cruise) functional I have followed this awesome thread and it has still been a tough nut to crack. Luckily I found a great mechanic who has patiently worked at it with the S2k schematics and 3 or 4 visits to his shop. I'm curious how many NSXs are out there with a full 100% functional conversion?

Last edited:
Cute son! Great job on the dynamat work - most people don't spend enough time doing the work required on the back end to make a great sounding system complete!

The s2000 wheel with the single stage airbag can be wired to work, not plug/play but definitely do-able :)

Last edited:
Great job on the dynamat work - most people don't spend enough time doing the work required on the back end to make a great sounding system complete!

It proves that I am probably crazy but that is the 'before' pic. I scraped off the Dynamat to remove the footwell tar underneath, and afterward I reapplied a really light insulation called FatMat. This only adds 2lbs per side so along with the firewall mat I took about 20lbs out of the cabin.

I think McDork-san deserves some praise for the state of the car when he sold it in 2014. Lots of the nasty jobs were already done -- anyone feel stoked about going out in the garage and doing this?:

P1010003_Large__zps4m0yqfzc.jpg

Here is how clean it was underneath when it came to me:

wheelwell-3_zpsk5expngq.jpg

wheelwell-1_zpswhly0snn.jpg

wheelwell-2_zpsv1mfzsx6.jpg

diffuser-underside2_zpsdoglt6ph.jpg

Or actually cleaner, since that was 500 miles later. The current suspension and brake specs:

OEM 1991 front calipers and 1997+ rear calipers, RacingBrake adapter brackets.
RacingBrake 328mm/330mm 2-piece open-slotted center mounted rotors.
RacingBrake braided stainless lines and pads.Pole2Flag ABS delete, Tilton metric P-valve.
Porsche 993 front brake ducts.
KW Variant 3 coilovers, factory 6k/6k (343lb) springs.
Pole 2 Flag bladed sway bars.Cedar Ridge non-compliance toe links, rear beam bushing kit, front pivot clamps and sway bar end links.
Comptech front camber kit.
Science of Speed steering rack bushings, 'NSX-SA' brass knock bush.STMPO front chassis brace.
STMPO front strut tower bar.
Carbing rear strut bar.

I am going slow on messing with the suspension. Basically the problems seem to be always the "nut behind the steering wheel". There will be a new alignment needed when I get big tires, and I will firm up the front springs at least. I am pretty happy with the setup (it understeers when you tell it to, and oversteers when you tell it to) and it seems like suspension tweaks are a never ending rabbit hole awaiting me.

Last thing, this is how far it was apart back in 2007:

DSC00029_Large__zpsupbvd2a4.jpg

Last edited:
Some progress on the interior. This is the Sduff carbon center speaker, Tfent carpet without the backing, stock New Pure Red bits, and custom red leather on the bulkheads. Note the OEM red floor mat in a different shade of red.

Just a test fit without using all the clips. The car finally smells fantastic inside.

int-5-1-16_3_zpsnxyimvbr.jpg

int-5-1-16_2_zpskt37nbd5.jpg

int-5-1-16_1_zpspvg7fk6k.jpg

Looking fantastic. Onr of my faves. How do you unlock? remote only?

How do you unlock? remote only?

Hey thanks!

Sorry for an evasive answer here.. I can PM you a straight shootin' reply if you like.

Yes it unlocks with the remote, but McDork thought ahead about 2 scenarios: a malfunctioning/dead remote, and a car thief.

I wouldn't be much of a fan of the shaved locks if those weren't already well thought out.

Back