• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carbon 6 Front Compliance Clamp

There have been few versions of this part over the years. This is ours.
The Carbon 6 Front Compliance Clamp is similar to the original Comptech (tm) version with a few modifications.

The purpose of this clamp:
When the NSX was built by Honda, there was a torsion style beam engineered that connects the leading mount for both the top and bottom front control arms. This beam is designed flex when the car is under cornering load or hits an obstruction (like a pot hole). Honda did this to make the steering more comfortable and transfer less of the feedback of the front wheels into the steering wheel. The other effect of this set up is that the front toe alignment can move around. This can make the front end "push" or "drag" in high speed cornering. The purpose of this clamp is to prevent the front beam from moving at all and giving the driver all the feedback from the front wheels. More importantly, it prevents the alignment from moving at all in high speed cornering and keeps the toe settings locked in.

These clamps are machined in house on our CNC from 6061 aluminum and anodized. The special high grade hardware is also included.
We have a limited amount of sets that will be available (looks like we have 8 total sets not spoken for).

Price is $179.00 /set plus $9.97 for domestic US shipping

2844sm.jpg

2848sm.jpg

2849sm.jpg

2851sm.jpg

Please PM me with interests.

Last edited:
I'll take one , so this helps to prevent rubbing ?

I'll take one , so this helps to prevent rubbing ?

These will not prevent the tires from rubbing if they rub now. These have nothing to do with adjusting the suspension to fit aggressive offset wheels.
The clamp design is such that it minimizes rubbing on the clamp itself (once installed).

The front suspension on the NSX is designed to to move the leading edge of the control arm slightly under load to make the feel more comfortable (by letting the toe adjustment vary). The purpose of these clamps is to prevent the suspension from moving out of the original toe settings.

These will not prevent the tires from rubbing if they rub now. These have nothing to do with adjusting the suspension to fit aggressive offset wheels.
The clamp design is such that it minimizes rubbing on the clamp itself (once installed).

The front suspension on the NSX is designed to to move the leading edge of the control arm slightly under load to make the feel more comfortable (by letting the toe adjustment vary). The purpose of these clamps is to prevent the suspension from moving out of the original toe settings.
I assume this is more of a track benefit but how will it affect driving on the street. Since it prevents movement, things should still feel normal, correct? Thank you.

Even though this part was originally engineered as a track part, It will give you a "crisper" steering feel even with spirited street driving.
It does not effect the drive-ability of the car at all. The clamp only prevents the "slop" that was put in by Honda to make the car feel more "numb" I guess is the right word.

what do you mean by preventing the rub? like when a car is lowered, it would prevent the tire rubbing on the fender liner?

what do you mean by preventing the rub? like when a car is lowered, it would prevent the tire rubbing on the fender liner?

The original design of this clamp from Comptech (tm) had a square corner that, in some cases, caused the tire to rub on it when turning. Our design removes the square corner and minimizes that from happening.
It does not change any of the existing conditions you may have for tire rubbing. Nor will it prevent your tire from rubbing on the fender liner. The statement regarding "rubbing" was referring to rubbing on the clamp itself.

I'm going to remove that statement from the description. It seems to be confusing a lot of people.

Last edited:

Correct me if im wrong Jeff, But what he is sugesting about the rubbing issue is prior clamps by other manufacturers have been known to stick out further due to the machining done which in turn sits it closer to the tire and has the potential of rubbing. His product is milled down so it has less of a chance of contact.

Mike

Last edited:
Correct me if im wrong Jeff, But what he is sugesting about the rubbing issue is prior clamps by other manufacturers have been known to stick out further due to the machining done which in turn sits it closer to the tire and has the potential of rubbing. His product is milled down so it has less of a chance of contact.

Mike

That is exactly correct Mike. You did a much better job explaining it than I did. ;)

Nice part Jeff..I have the ct one and it does have a larger profile....that said this clamp helps with reducing static toe changes under braking and turning like at a track..i see no downside to having one and not going to a track....

These are not sold out.

I was not expecting to see that much interest in these so quickly. I may put these back into our production schedule for later this winter.

Thank you to all.
Jeff

Back