• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carbon 6 Front Compliance Clamp

Jeff you need to give some notice of ideas and projects going on with you so that it gives people a chance to maybe hold out on buying similar items elsewhere. Your stuff is very nice and you may have a following so this may come to your benefit.

First of all, Thank you.

I'll try to be a bit more forthcoming with current and upcoming projects on the forum. Because of testing on some of them... I need to be a little vague to protect the cost and time already invested. It's unfortunate, but some people may rush to produce a similar part to capture the interest we create. I want everyone to know that everything we make is first of all, the best craftsmanship and materials period. If anyone has seen my car they know I am a bit "crazy" when it comes to details. That is my best asset and worst curse at the same time. ;) With the engineering skills of my shop partner Kevin and our available resources, I will put anything we produce against anything else out on the market today.

Here is a sneak peek at what is coming up:

Aluminum / Titanium Front Tie Rods
Made with Aluminum barrels, Stainless Steel Ultra-High Strength Heim Joint (15,000lb lateral load) and all Titanium Taper and Attaching Hardware. Even the nyloc nut is Titanium. Total weight 6oz. (OEM tie rod weight 1.03 lb)
Available Mid April. Here are some picture of the prototypes
715.jpg

716.jpg

Also, I have some more suspension parts (that are subject to wear and replacement) that are currently in development. I am doing some tolerance and wear testing on those before I am ready to release the specifics. The idea with these and the above tie rods is a nominal investment up front and then any future servicing costs would be minimal.

And, I have a carbon fiber front sub frame that replaces the oem aluminum one that the battery and spare tire attach to. Because this part was build for my car I need to make sure it is reverse engineered to work with all applications. That one will be a few months out yet.

Save me a set of clamps please Jeff ... Let me know when payment required

Thanx Paul

Last edited:
Ok ....Jeff's mirrors...check.
Jeff's other stuff........check.

Itching and scratching like a crack head when Jeff posts.......double check.:D

I'm always in awe of his goods. Not many guys care as much about how it looks as well as how it functions. I'm one of those guys. And that is why I think Jeff's products are worth what he charges. He only produces the very best.

I'm always in awe of his goods. Not many guys care as much about how it looks as well as how it functions. I'm one of those guys. And that is why I think Jeff's products are worth what he charges. He only produces the very best.

I agree. I am trying to collaborate with him on a neat idea. If he calls me. :)

put me on the list for some clamps and hopefully some tire rods in the future? Any chance on some engine mounts?

Did the clamps ship out yet, ordered a couple weeks ago?

William, all the ones that were on the waiting list went out Monday the 25th (as per post #47). I looks like your package (shipped Priority Mail) was delivered yesterday the 28th. Please confirm.

Jeff

Last edited:
Literally 5 min after I posted that they were dropped off in my office. They look great and will be on the car tonight! Thanks Jeff

Just an update...
Our shop will be closed (and I will be out of town) from April 3rd to the 10th. Everyone that has paid, has shipped. Any payments after the 2nd will be processed and shipped on Thursday the 11th. Thank you.

are there any sets of the tie rods for sale yet? im trying to finish all my suspension in one go before the next corner balance and alignment session coming up.

are there any sets of the tie rods for sale yet? im trying to finish all my suspension in one go before the next corner balance and alignment session coming up.

The tie rods should be ready next week. I will post updates on a new thread shortly.

Aluminum / Titanium Front Tie Rods
Made with Aluminum barrels, Stainless Steel Ultra-High Strength Heim Joint (15,000lb lateral load) and all Titanium Taper and Attaching Hardware. Even the nyloc nut is Titanium. Total weight 6oz. (OEM tie rod weight 1.03 lb)
Available Mid April. Here are some picture of the prototypes
715.jpg

716.jpg

Hey Jeff, what the rubber piece on the original part for? How come you didnt replicate it in the new part? Just asking.

Hey Jeff, what the rubber piece on the original part for? How come you didnt replicate it in the new part? Just asking.

There will be a special boot for our tie rod (the above is just a prototype of the "hard" parts"). We worked with a special supplier to make a boot that kept the joint clean but does not trap moisture.

Well since I did'nt see where anyone has asked, is there any benefit to these or are they for when your outer tierods are due replacement? I replaced mine 3 years back due to the boots were torn up. I admit, they are hellacool.:wink:

Excellent, they'll be just in time for when start to put everything back together. Keep us updated, im holding off on getting the comptech ones for more details on these. You'd hinted at other things that your developing too, care to release anymore details about those?

Well since I did'nt see where anyone has asked, is there any benefit to these or are they for when your outer tierods are due replacement? I replaced mine 3 years back due to the boots were torn up. I admit, they are hellacool.:wink:

I basically built these as a replacement for the OEM. Sense mine were in need of replacement, I decided to re-designed them with the idea of a stronger load capacity, optimized mechanical strength, lighter components and the ability to (future) service the moveable parts separate from the hardware.

If you have fresh tie rods there would be no reason to replace them with these. However, if your tie rods are due for replacement, this would be a good option for upgrade.

Back