• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

72342-SL0-003 Part Discontinued Door checker bushing

OK vendors- I was told by Tim @ oemacuraparts.com that this bushing 72342-sl0-003 is discontinued so I need to find a replacement substitute. Any help guys?!! Thanks.

I can see if I can find one, it is only a $5 part - It would probably cost $100 to have a machine shop make one - and $150 to make 50 of them...

I'm sure we could make them from poly for less than $10/ea but we would need to sell enough to recover mold costs at a minimum.

Just another example of how the most important tool in the shop of a car collector will one day be a 3D printer.

I am sure a similar bushing can be found or reshaped to fit.

It might be an off the shelf part, you will have to measure it up and do some looking.

http://www1.mscdirect.com/cgi/NNSRI...re=ItemDetail-_-ResultListing-_-SearchResults
very true, I quickly checked if Legend Coupes head it since they are closest relative of a NSX but they don't.

13SL00_015_4.gif

I need this item as well. It is the culprit in my door 'click'. If you find one Wil, that would be awesome. NSX1145, what kind of mold costs are we talking about? That 'click' is annoying enough for me to help cover some of the upfront costs. I'd be in for some polyurethane bushings!

Have any of you vendors been able to estimate the cost of a mould for a polyurethane bushing??

I'll check to see how my passenger side bushing looks... but I'm thinking it would be best to get a newer and less travelled NSX for the mold. Haha. Would anyone be so kind as to help out another primer?

My passenger side bushing isn't much better. I'll need two of these bushings when this is complete! How much do I have to pay a primer to pull a good bushing from their car for the time it takes NSX1145 to make a mold???

I have a good one I just pulled off a door from a 30K miles NSX. the door was destroyed but that plastic circle 3 prong bushing is is great shape.
whom ever is gonna make a mold of it PM me.

Shawn, your help is GREATLY appreciated!

NSX1145's shop is too busy to get this into production... are there any other vendors out there willing and able to get this made for me? As previously stated, I'll help with costs of mold production. PLEASE let me know!

Edit: I'm having Shawn's part shipped to myself and going to have it made locally.

Last edited:
NSX1145's shop is too busy to get this into production... are there any other vendors out there willing and able to get this made for me? As previously stated, I'll help with costs of mold production. PLEASE let me know!

Edit: I'm having Shawn's part shipped to myself and going to have it made locally.

Make some spares for prime members!!!

if you're having a set made, could you start a list of other primers that need/will need this part to offset your costs? i'd be in for two sets (4 pcs).

thanks,
rog

Since the cost of making 1 set will probably be $150, and 100 sets $200... I'll make a shit ton of them. But I don't wanna get hung by Prime Mods for selling these without sponsor status. I'll keep everyone posted in this thread once I get these made.

Well, shawn110975 was so gracious in donating the door check bushing and had it sent it to NSX1145 @ SCW Performance as they endeavoured to take on the task. I called SCW to confirm they got the piece, which they did, but then they said they wouldn't have the time to deal with it. Frustrated, I asked them to ship it to me so I can source it out locally. After several phone calls and PM's, I have given up. SCW *STILL* has the bushing, and I still have a clicking door check. Sorry to disappoint. Most of all, shawn110975, sorry your part is now lost at some shop who won't help.

If you're really desperate, I believe you can buy part #15 and #21 and the part you need will come with them. Or buy one, take the part you need off and have it reproduced locally. Expensive route to take, but sometimes that's all one is left with...

J

If you're really desperate, I believe you can buy part #15 and #21 and the part you need will come with them. Or buy one, take the part you need off and have it reproduced locally. Expensive route to take, but sometimes that's all one is left with...

J

If someone has a good part available to measure, it should be pretty easy to develop a CAD model and have it 3D printed. There are places on the internet that specialize in 3D printing of parts, such as http://www.shapeways.com/

Back