• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Sales figures > 1st of March

This is the 6th time that car has been listed on fleabay. First three times it was at $5k off msrp and the last three at $10k off. Never had a bite.....

so according to RSO, this would now be the 7th time this NSX has been listed without a single bid...

p.s. this car is dead lads. :frown:

To be fair, bidding and buying cars on Ebay is not a good gauge. It's better for mass advertising. The real buyer is going to call and inquire. Not bid on ebay. The seller would prefer that too to avoid fees.

so according to RSO, this would now be the 7th time this NSX has been listed without a single bid...

p.s. this car is dead lads. :frown:
[MENTION=25269]fastaussie[/MENTION]: thousands of >$150K cars that you like better than the NSX were on showroom floors yesterday and offered for sale. For a serious buyer, many were available at a 5% discount off of MSRP (E.g., R8 lease promotion is economically a bigger incentive than a 5% MSRP discount). Not all of them sold. Are those cars "dead?" I'm trying to understand your logic.

A non-sale is a non-event. A virtually infinite number of things don't happen everyday.

The new NSX is not "selling through" (to actual end customers) as briskly as Acura had hoped. I think all can agree on that. But I'm not sure there are any other big conclusions to be drawn from the sales data so far. I'm reserving judgment until the current inventory sells off (perhaps with some discounting) and dealers are able to take orders for non-ceramic lightly-optioned cars for near-term build/delivery. I think the May/June numbers (unless factory has stopped building '17 cars for US) will be a better "run rate" to look at.

Exotics are supposed to be, ahem, exotic. I'm not bothered at all by sales volume as such-- the car is what it is and I love it. Although I'll be bummed if Acura throws in the towel prematurely and leaves me in the lurch. I think that's highly unlikely.

The seller would prefer that too to avoid fees.

i bet the seller would also prefer to not sell the car at $10,000 under MSRP?... :rolleyes:

thousands of >$150K cars that you like better than the NSX were on showroom floors yesterday and offered for sale. For a serious buyer, many were available at a 5% discount off of MSRP (E.g., R8 lease promotion is economically a bigger incentive than a 5% MSRP discount). Not all of them sold. Are those cars "dead?" I'm trying to understand your logic.

A non-sale is a non-event. A virtually infinite number of things don't happen everyday.

i don't know about the other thousands of $150,000+ cars that also didn't sell a few days ago, i was only watching this one. i few Primers said it had been listed 6 times already, this new listing being the 7th. the writing is on the wall mate. this is car a dud.

when do you expect this brand new, long awaited, hotly anticipated Supercar from Acura/Honda to start selling as expected? at $20,000 under MSRP? $30,000 under?

it seems a virtually infinite number of NSX's aren't selling every day... :redface:

Acura would have to subsidize a true fire sale since dealers only have $30k wiggle room on a fully loaded and a lot less on one with limited costly options. But since almost all the allocations sitting in showrooms were "loaded" it will be an iteresting spring buyers market.

Acura would have to subsidize a true fire sale since dealers only have $30k wiggle room on a fully loaded and a lot less on one with limited costly options. But since almost all the allocations sitting in showrooms were "loaded" it will be an iteresting spring buyers market.

Not confirming or denying it, but curious as to how you got that number.

I really think this car would sell with some very minor revisions/improvements.
McLaren did it with the 12C to 650S update, upping their car's power and styling after just the first 2 model years of production.
To assuage those owners who were annoyed by the introduction of an updated version of their 12C, McLaren Automotive offered a free Technology Upgrade program for the 12C ... giving owners most of the tech advancements made to the 650S .
Even if Honda/Acura sold every one of the roughly 900 vehicles produced.... that's only 900 pissed off customers to deal with; McLaren had about 3500 12C owners to contend with when they updated their car.:wink:

i bet the seller would also prefer to not sell the car at $10,000 under MSRP?... :rolleyes:

i don't know about the other thousands of $150,000+ cars that also didn't sell a few days ago, i was only watching this one. i few Primers said it had been listed 6 times already, this new listing being the 7th. the writing is on the wall mate. this is car a dud.

when do you expect this brand new, long awaited, hotly anticipated Supercar from Acura/Honda to start selling as expected? at $20,000 under MSRP? $30,000 under?

it seems a virtually infinite number of NSX's aren't selling every day... :redface:

I don't really care how well the car sales. I'm worried about how the car feels to me ultimately, not journalists or buyers. Why would I care about what others think? I'm not looking to buy any car simply because it sold well. If it sucks when I drive it, then I move on just as if the car didn't exist, that's all I would do.

I really think this car would sell with some very minor revisions/improvements.
McLaren did it with the 12C to 650S update, upping their car's power and styling after just the first 2 model years of production.

McLaren had about 3500 12C owners to contend with when they updated their car.:wink:

McLaren sold 3500 12C's? i didn't realise they'd sold so many...

I don't really care how well the car sales. I'm worried about how the car feels to me ultimately, not journalists or buyers. Why would I care about what others think? I'm not looking to buy any car simply because it sold well. If it sucks when I drive it, then I move on just as if the car didn't exist, that's all I would do.

obviously you buy what you want, and everyone else buys what they want as well.

but if someone hasn't driven the NSX yet, they have no impression of it. and without driving the competition, they would also have no reference for direct comparison. but if more people are buying more of the other cars, and the journos like the other ones better, that may be an indicator of which you'd like best too? :wink:

In an ideal world, it would be fair for what you are saying, however, the cost of ownership for the new NSX is substantially better than the nearest competition as in Huracan or 458/488 in brand new MSRP pricing. So the ~$156K base NSX that should soon be rampant will actually be a significant bargain compared to the competition. The 911 and R8 may be faster, but they do not look better nor well they fare well in depreciation either given the way trends are going.

As for McLaren:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a8269/my-year-of-mclaren-mp4-12c/

the first 12C's were terrible, there is no denying that. brilliant performing cars, but a bit of a nightmare with constant nagging problems. the last model 12C's were significantly better, and the successive models even more so. and even with the writer selling his first car, he happily bought a second.

so you basically just disproved your own point.

if prospective Supercar buyer's top priorities and concerns were with reliability as much as some think, NSX's should definitely be on that 3 year waiting list pundits were predicting prior to the cars release. as opposed to 300 of them sitting around collecting dust... :redface:

p.s. it appears about 3500 12C's were made in total (for 2 years), with 1500 for America. that makes the the NSX's weak numbers look even worse.

Production numbers for the US was already discussed before release. It was never going to be over 1000, or even 800. It's currently selling monthly numbers comparable to the 2nd gen R8. So that's a bust too?

The buyer had a love/hate relationship with the car. He didn't want to keep his second one either. He only bought the second one because of the extreme discount and supposed fix in issues. So again, money has everything to do with it.

I said it before the NSX MkII was actually on sale - the MkII will always struggle to sell in any meaningful numbers until Honda get it winning in GT3 racing, and/or start winning again in F1. Probably both are a must.

Without brand cache, and no successful background in motorsport, I can't see the MkII gaining much traction. Sad reality, and if you look back, the main reason the MkI sold as well as it did back when was Honda's glowing F1 results at the time, and the fact it was such a nice car to drive compared to it's competition. Remove those two positives and where would it have been sales wise? The loudest complaint I used to hear back then was - it's not worth the money, it's only a Honda. But with the F1 success at the time, the pricing was a bit easier to accept for the "average" prospective buyer.

This time around, no motorsport background, no outstanding advantage over the opposition and finally, a lot more choice for the punters! Honda better start winning in F1 real soon.......

Ironically, the Nissan GT-R has terrible sales too if you compare. All this from a car offering faster acceleration at a far lower price.
IMG_0208.JPG

that's a 10 year old car, you wouldn't expect it to be a white hot seller. the NSX selling so low when it's brand spanking new, not so good... :frown:

Production numbers for the US was already discussed before release. It was never going to be over 1000, or even 800. It's currently selling monthly numbers comparable to the 2nd gen R8. So that's a bust too?

i know, my point was that the MP4 12C sold more cars (per year) than the NSX is selling right now. and people knew it was a bit of a gamble and definitely not Honda reliable at the time. which is impressive for one manufacturer and less so for the other...

Without brand cache, and no successful background in motorsport, I can't see the MkII gaining much traction. Sad reality, and if you look back, the main reason the MkI sold as well as it did back when was Honda's glowing F1 results at the time, and the fact it was such a nice car to drive compared to it's competition. Remove those two positives and where would it have been sales wise? The loudest complaint I used to hear back then was - it's not worth the money, it's only a Honda. But with the F1 success at the time, the pricing was a bit easier to accept for the "average" prospective buyer.
good point it's not a bad car just not enough people think it's worth the money otherwise it would've sold more

Yep at the moment. But I live in hope that the old Honda will arise out of the ashes and surprise us all with a beast of a motor. Memory serves to remind us that it's a repeat of the early eighties, but instead of the lowly Spirit racing team being the chariot, so that the teething pains were largely ignored by the public, this time it's been somewhat more obvious. :(

they need NOS...

Back