• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1991 Honda NSX Valuation

Status
Not open for further replies.
> Honestly I just don't want to lose money,

Very likely that is exactly what will happen. Getting it on California roads is a 7.5% Use Tax + reg too.

Getting the car into AU has bureaucratic issues, but will sell for a profit there. WHRDNSX would be a person to discuss this with. I believe he brought in an R a few months ago.

I find JDM cars to be in extremely good condition. I've been in NZ for a decade now, and I just buy JDM cars without much due diligence nowadays. NZ is kinda a dumping ground for JDM cars too. Their seconds are top shelf...which is why they have the NSX Refresh Center to help pass rigorous JP requirements. Yes, every used car dealer in NZ has a story about a pieced together wreck, but that is rare. The importers here will send some photos of whatever car I need for the family or business and that is good enough.

I have a JDM RHD NSX that is in near perfect condition and it was a rock bottom price a few years ago that I just said "send it". I was expecting issues, but there were none other than a repainted bumper cover. I replaced the TB a few months ago and my audit of the previous technician's work gives them a 10.

I'm particular about my cars. My wife thought I was nuts, but now she's used to me just buying cars with an email and Paypal. I'm sure I'll get a bummer one day, but it is the cost of doing business.

tl;dr Your JDM NSX is normal in Japan.

Thank you that was fantastic feedback and you are spot on about JDM cars out of Japan. It’s incredible, but it doesn’t surprise me with their culture of amazing food respect, cleanliness, and respect for the environment they take care of everything one of the most well run countries don’t even get me started on the food it’s without question the best food in the world for me. Thanks again I’ll take that all in consideration. I don’t think I’ll be bringing it to America. It’s not so much about the 7% as it is the right hand, drive implications and lack of buyers for a perfect right hand drive car it will be more cherished in England, New Zealand, or Australia, I’ll just hire a expert to bring it in for me

Based on what I paid for an almost identical car, you will not get 100k. Realistically 80-90k if perfect.

Here in the northeast US, people are buying up the RHD vehicles. Especially, and obviously, the mini trucks. But a lot of other Nissans and Hondas RHD are noticeable in CT, NY and NJ. I do not think RHD is an issue.
As far as automatics, it is a hit or miss. Talking to a small circle, some say shifting a RHD isn't for them and others just find it intimidating. Especially the younger drivers

What will sell this car is the low miles. NSX are slowly starting to be bought up by collectors and everyone knows......they want low miles.

Talking to other collectors, 2020 values are fading as we all know. Jumps in prices usually don't last.
When you start to see a slow steady rise in prices, they will not come down.

My suggestion is the get the car here and list it on bringatrailer.com

Based on what I paid for an almost identical car, you will not get 100k. Realistically 80-90k if perfect.

Here in the northeast US, people are buying up the RHD vehicles. Especially, and obviously, the mini trucks. But a lot of other Nissans and Hondas RHD are noticeable in CT, NY and NJ. I do not think RHD is an issue.
As far as automatics, it is a hit or miss. Talking to a small circle, some say shifting a RHD isn't for them and others just find it intimidating. Especially the younger drivers

What will sell this car is the low miles. NSX are slowly starting to be bought up by collectors and everyone knows......they want low miles.

Talking to other collectors, 2020 values are fading as we all know. Jumps in prices usually don't last.
When you start to see a slow steady rise in prices, they will not come down.

My suggestion is the get the car here and list it on bringatrailer.com

It's not even 80-90k. AT means it's a 3.0L NA1 regardless of year, which is already less valuable than an NA2 regardless of headlights. The OP started by saying it's a 100pt car, then 99pt, now it's 98pt. Basically, it's not a museum car, hence it's really the same as all other "excellent condition cars" from Japan, I think mine was graded 4.5 at auction. A low-mileage RHD auto in excellent condition is worth $70-75k USD IMHO. They way I figure that is it will cost $20k in today's market to get all the manual swap parts INCLUDING CAMS plus the labor costs to do the swap. You then have a low-mileage NA1 RHD non-factory 5sp which is maybe about $90k-95k in today's US market, which is a $10k-15k hit from the comparable LHD 5sp NA1 version. RHD NA1 5sp have been selling for around $80k USD at Japanese auction from what I can gather, which would equate to mid-to-high $80k landed on US soil.

It's not even 80-90k. AT means it's a 3.0L NA1 regardless of year, which is already less valuable than an NA2 regardless of headlights. The OP started by saying it's a 100pt car, then 99pt, now it's 98pt. Basically, it's not a museum car, hence it's really the same as all other "excellent condition cars" from Japan, I think mine was graded 4.5 at auction. A low-mileage RHD auto in excellent condition is worth $70-75k USD IMHO. They way I figure that is it will cost $20k in today's market to get all the manual swap parts INCLUDING CAMS plus the labor costs to do the swap. You then have a low-mileage NA1 RHD non-factory 5sp which is maybe about $90k-95k in today's US market, which is a $10k-15k hit from the comparable LHD 5sp NA1 version. RHD NA1 5sp have been selling for around $80k USD at Japanese auction from what I can gather, which would equate to mid-to-high $80k landed on US soil.
Agree 100%. I was going to say $70 to $75k.

Peter, that's pretty good intel, especially for someone who isn't a dealer. It's about what I figured.

I'm still not confident there's a market for an automatic (factory) RHD car. While it's true this car might be the finest original 1991 car I've ever seen, impeccably maintained by my friend of 40 years. He owned the first Porsche 959 and McLaren F1 ever imported to Japan, so his mechanic has always maintained the car, hence my high 90-point rating.

I would bring it to Florida, but I'm just not sure the RHD JDM NSX market would give it its just value. It might be best to send it to Sydney and let it sit for a while, though Australia has a bit of a bureaucratic fiasco. At least there, I know with more certainty that it will move quicker.

Also, my son who is actually buying it is 6'7", and I don't think he could fit in the car. Then there's factoring in where to get RHD parts, explaining to the insurance company that it's RHD, dealing with shipping to America, and all of that.

As much as I love this car (and it's amazing!), it's still just one of 3,000 produced that year, and I think one of 63 that were automatic. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a manual transmission more valuable, as well as being a LHD will bring more than a RHD?

I appreciate your expertise. It's helping me decide which country I want to send it to. Thank you.

Someone has offered me $80K FOB Osaka, and I'm considering it since that's what I'll be in for after it lands on U.S. soil, but that's registered and titled on U.S. soil. Would someone realistically pay $100K for it being RHD? According to you, that doesn't sound possible.

Love your thoughts and expertise. Thank you again, Tim

Would someone realistically pay $100K for it being RHD? According to you, that doesn't sound possible.

Love your thoughts and expertise. Thank you again, Tim
Are you a bot? Several people have already answered this question multiple times. I think you're a bot.

Are you a bot? Several people have already answered this question multiple times. I think you're a bot.
Yeah, I’m a bot but as long as I can figure out what the general price on the ground will be once I hit America you ask 100 people you get 100 different answers. I’ve have friends of mine who have been in the business for a long time that are certain it’ll bring north of 100 just because one person says it’ll bring 80 doesn’t mean that’s what it’ll bring it might bring less and it might bring more. Are you a bot? That is the question

Also, most of the people on this thread are essentially pro NSX and owners. I like to get feedback from owners, and I also like to get feedback from speculators. Everybody has their own angle on what the value is. It’s hard to pinpoint exactly what it is, but there’s some good feedback you just have to sift through all the noise Like are they a bot or are they not a bot? lol 😂

>I'm still not confident there's a market for an automatic (factory) RHD car.
>Are you a bot? That is the question
> Like are they a bot or are they not a bot? lol

OP is now answering themselves, twice. And already warned. Also seems to be using derivative language of previous responses (technique similar to ELIZA).

The question has been answered. This is non-productive and a bore. I'm with FlopShot.

Request that Mods verify OP or delete this thread.

The new account that showed up on this thread is suspect too.

Last edited:
>I'm still not confident there's a market for an automatic (factory) RHD car.
>Are you a bot? That is the question
> Like are they a bot or are they not a bot? lol

OP is now answering themselves, twice. And already warned. The question has been answered. This is non productive and a bore. I'm with FlopShot

Request that Mods verify OP or delete this thread.

The new account that showed up on this thread is suspect too.
They should delete you for being too bored, and nothing better to do in your life but to harass people who are actually trying to find out information about the market. Why don’t you go bought yourself and get a life and depart from the thread if you have nothing positive to offer.

Send me your perfect 1991 NSX with 11,000 miles 1 owner in concours condition and I"ll pay you 75K plus 10K finders fee. I'm possible to find a car in perfect condition 1 owner and documented 11,000 miles for 75K closer to 100K hence why I will pay you 10K finders fee if you can show me one with books & records and clean title.

Send me your perfect 1991 NSX with 11,000 miles 1 owner in concours condition and I"ll pay you 75K plus 10K finders fee. I'm possible to find a car in perfect condition 1 owner and documented 11,000 miles for 75K closer to 100K hence why I will pay you 10K finders fee if you can show me one with books & records and clean title.
OMG you ask for opinions of NSX owners, they give you their opinions, and then you argue with them that they are wrong. Just listen to your friends who are in the business and say you can get north of 100k. Just import the car since you trust them. And you are definitely a bot. Admin please close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back