• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Drive in Malibu Canyon 6-25

Count me in Les, Jimmy. Wife is a maybe

Thanks Les, do you know if there is anyone going that lives in the San Gabriel Valley? That way I can drive to thier house, rather driving to the west side, and then all they have to do is go home rtaher than taking back to the meeting spot.

Thanks Les, do you know if there is anyone going that lives in the San Gabriel Valley? That way I can drive to thier house, rather driving to the west side, and then all they have to do is go home rtaher than taking back to the meeting spot.

I don't know if anyone going with an empty seat lives in the SGV but the Yellow Fever is not far from the meeting spot so getting a ride from Yellow Fever back to the meeting spot should be okay. Just a thought.

I don't know if anyone going with an empty seat lives in the SGV but the Yellow Fever is not far from the meeting spot so getting a ride from Yellow Fever back to the meeting spot should be okay. Just a thought.

Mario, I'm heading to Canyon Country after the drive in Malibu so I'm out.

I was at my local gas station this morning at 7:10 to fill up but my gas door would not open so I can't fill up. I could not find your phone number to let you know that I can't make it. Sorry as I washed my car and was ready to go.

I was at my local gas station this morning at 7:10 to fill up but my gas door would not open so I can't fill up. I could not find your phone number to let you know that I can't make it. Sorry as I washed my car and was ready to go.

Did your dog eat your homework too???:biggrin:

Sorry not trying to bust your balls, but that is a funny and odd excuse. Mine gets stuck sometimes too, but it's not hard to jiggle it or pry it open with in a minute or two....usually just a small push on it works...:confused:

I loved our drive this morning! Instead of driving in the faster front of the group I was closer to the end. Definitely a better pace for me. I left Yellow Fever to go to Canyon Country and see my sister from Colorado and had to make a big detour to get home to Orange County because of the fire in Placerita Canyon closing both sides of the 14 freeway. It was good to go through my old home area (23 years in Acton) to experience 103° and be grateful for my humid 85° in Portola Hills.

Did your dog eat your homework too???:biggrin:

Sorry not trying to bust your balls, but that is a funny and odd excuse. Mine gets stuck sometimes too, but it's not hard to jiggle it or pry it open with in a minute or two....usually just a small push on it works...:confused:

Mine used to give me problems too and a push would release it. But today I tried everything even prying with a screwdriver but to no avail. Consulting my expensive Owners Manual did not help so tommorrow it goes to the dealer.

Awesome drive! I like the reverse route better! Thank you Les for organizing the drive!

Mine used to give me problems too and a push would release it. But today I tried everything even prying with a screwdriver but to no avail. Consulting my expensive Owners Manual did not help so tommorrow it goes to the dealer.

I feel like an idiot. I went to the dealer and he proceeded to open the gas port. It turns out I had used the lever that opens the engine hatch. Since I hardly ever use gasoline (I drive a Tesla) and am getting old I forgot how to fill up. Also my air conditioning display goes out intermittently including the air and the service agent speculated it was the display and the computer behind it for a cost of $3,000. I'll just roll down the windows when the air stops.

. Also my air conditioning display goes out intermittently including the air and the service agent speculated it was the display and the computer behind it for a cost of $3,000. I'll just roll down the windows when the air stops.

George, reach out to Craig, SeaSharp here on prime, as he may be able to fix that for a fraction of that price above. He is here in SoCal.

I loved our drive this morning! Instead of driving in the faster front of the group I was closer to the end. Definitely a better pace for me. I left Yellow Fever to go to Canyon Country and see my sister from Colorado and had to make a big detour to get home to Orange County because of the fire in Placerita Canyon closing both sides of the 14 freeway. It was good to go through my old home area (23 years in Acton) to experience 103° and be grateful for my humid 85° in Portola Hills.

Great route this morning. Thanks Les

Awesome drive! I like the reverse route better! Thank you Les for organizing the drive!

I plan on doing the "reverse" route on all future Malibu Canyon drives.:smile:

Back