• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2 piece nsx rotors for oem calipers

OK, brakes have now been bedded in :)

The issues I had previously were that the brakes felt very wooden especially on track, a straight which I could easily brake from 120 mph to enable the car round a chicane, I was very sceptical at the brakeing performance from 140 mph earlier on the straight to enable smooth cornering.
This is on a 9 y/o car with 54000 miles, all pads and discs are completely legal, and according to Honda the brakeing performance is within spec.

Now with the new discs (NSX-R pads and Braided lines) the brakeing is phenominal, I am more confident as was seen on Saturday chasing a Lotus Elise down on some twisty road after a rolling road session, (incidentally car managed to produce 286 bhp on a conservative dyno) and can't wait to get to the next track day :)

I am interested in the ones advertised here also with the Orangey coloured bell housing, more information needed :)

sdoow said:
Can you share your opinion about RB's two piece rotors you should have now well bedded-in.

Thank you for your comments about the performance improvement on RB two piece rotors. The same brake technology will be built into the BBK if we decide to make the kit.

These are the two-piece rotors for the NSX Big Brake Kit that are being developed by RacingBrake.

2076.jpg

2077.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! All I need is this and the Anytime exhaust, I'll be good....for awhile....

Just FYI, sdoow of RacingBrake is requesting calipers in the Parts Wanted forum to develop the kit.
Unfortunately, I'm unable to assist and hoping the kit is made.

Anybody has oem calipers lying around? sdow is developing a big brake kit for the nsx but he needs to borrow a set for measurements. Please help.

Henry.

We have just obtained the needed caliper brackets for old models and are completing our bracket design.

RacingBrake OE caliper Big Brake Kit will accommodate both old (91-96) and new (97-05) models and we expect to have the kits ready in 10-14 weeks.

any pics? will the BBK fit under factory 17" wheels? pricing?

Are these the Orange bell housed ones as per the top of the thread ??

sdoow said:
We are just getting our rotor and bracket design finalized, here is the latest summary:

nsx_matrix.jpg

I just had the 12.4" RacingBrake put on a couple weeks ago for the fronts. Although the aren't a 'big' brake kit, the caliburs are actually pretty nice looking.. I'll try a post a pic up tomorrow. I wish they had the 328mm ready otherwise I would have gone with that but my rotors were gone and had to do something right away. I tried to get the tarox kit from dali but they would have had to have been ordered and don't know when they would have arrived. The dali RB kit is actually pretty decent though, better than I thought it would be quality wise.

RB will offer these OE Caliper brake upgrades:

For 91-96 models: (Need oversized 17” wheel)

1. Upgrade to same rotor size as 97+ brakes with RB one piece rotors* (Needed brackets being made ETA mid August or sooner)
2. Upgrade to the same rotor size as 97+ brakes with RB two piece rotors+ (Need the same brackets as 1.)
3. Upgrade to RB BBK (324mmF / 330mmR), with RB two piece rotors+ (Both rotors and brackets are being tooled/made ETA 10/15/06)

For 97-05 models: (All fit under stock 17” wheel)

1. Upgrade to RB high performance one piece rotors*
2. Upgrade to RB racing performance two piece rotors+.
3. Upgrade to RB BBK as earlier model with RB two piece rotors+ (Both rotors and brackets are being tooled / made ETA 10/15/06)

*RB front one piece rotors have curved vanes and is directional , an upgrade from OE’s straight vanes. The material has alloy added for increased wear and warp resistance.

+RB two piece rotors have patented center mount design with efficient air circulation (both from inboard and outboard) providing the rotor with more even and uniform cooling on both sides of friction surface than traditional surface mount rotors. Since it’s center mount so the clamping stress from the caliper is also more balanced. The rotors are made with extra alloys and heat-treated to assure flaw free performance under extreme heat. RB two piece rotors are proven performers in the track without the need of cooling duct.

All RB brake products are well engineered and built based on our 20 more years’ experience in brake and they are guaranteed to outperform and last.

Our BBK price will be very competitive against those BBK seen in the market with hidden flaws as pointed out in our early posting.

Last edited:
simonprelude said:
Are these the Orange bell housed ones as per the top of the thread ??

No they are from Border which Henry quoted when he started the thread.

Raingbrake's hats are made from "forged" aluminum alloy instead of cutting from billet like most of other manufacturers, for increased stiffness and strength and they will come in black color with "EDP" paint.

Last edited:
sdoow said:
For 97-05 models: (All fit under stock 17”F/18”R wheel)

Just a note, the stock rear is 17" not 18". I hope this does not change anything. Is any pricing available?

Does anyone know the weights of the NA2 stock rotors?

Thanks for the correction on wheel size which is updated. It will not affect the rotor size.

We have shown all the weight - one (stock), two piece and BBk in the table. Hope that answers to your question on weight.

We are thinking to put a package price together and may take pre-order (for BBK) i.e. Front + Rear kit.

Are most of you prefer to include brake pads (Hawk HPS or HP+ or Motorsports pads), brake line (we use Goodridge) or separate.

Our caliper bracket color will be black which can be painted over with your preferred color.

Last edited:
Back