• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2 piece nsx rotors for oem calipers

sdoow said:
Our caliper bracket color is red which can be painted over your preferred color.

:eek: red?! why not the factory bronze/gold/whatever that ugly color is so that its not so visible? maybe black even or silver.... why highlight a bracket?!!

Why you creating extra work for me man?! I don't wanna paint!!!:tongue:

sdoow said:
We are thinking to put a package price together and may take pre-order (for BBK) i.e. Front + Rear kit.

Are most of you prefer to include brake pads (Hawk HPS or HP+ or Motorsports pads), brake line (we use Goodridge) or separate.

Our caliper bracket color is red which can be painted over your preferred color.

IMO, Red is a good choice for the bracket!
I'd be interested in the BBK package (F+R) and prefer a complete kit, lines and pads included.

BioBanker said:
I really want to find out if the rotors are shipping and their pricing.

I need to get rotors NOW.

As Henry just said, the one-piece and two-piece rotors are available now:

One-piece: http://www.racingbrake.com/ACURA_NSX_s/106.htm
Two-piece: http://www.racingbrake.com/NSX_s/4425.htm

However, if you want the big brake kit, refer to the schedule as follows:

nsx_matrix.jpg

Same part number for both sides?
That means slots will be facing in opposite directions on each side? :confused:

edit - I stand corrected.

Last edited:
Looks like it's symmetrical. Since it's "center mounted", you can just bolt on the hat on the other side. At least that's how I interpret the info on the web site.

For one piece rotors we assign different P/N for left and right, eg. 90071-311 for left and 90072-311 for right. However to simplify for ordering and since we only sell pair, we only list one P/N i.e. 90071-311 with qty of two.

For two piece rotors, as Bob just pointed out since our rotors are mounted in the disc center, so the disc (rotor ring) is actually reversible. In other words, RB only uses one identical disc but it can be assembled into left or right by just flip the hat to the other side. Unlike conventional surface mount discs like Brembo, AP, Alcon or Stoptech which require two separate directional (in vane and slots) discs to assemble the pair.

Another advantage is that RB two piece rotors allow you to use two different thickness of rotors say one 28mm for track and the other with 24mm w/o affecting the caliper alignment (no need to change the caliper adaptor or bracket).

A truly innovative invention from RacingBrake.

Will the open slots or combo of drilled/straight slot be available on the BBK?

Last edited:
We have 1/3 of discs made to drill+slot, Open slot is a relatively new disc finish technology which is only offered to limited applcations. If more people indicate their interests we will make some for BBK.

ibDursty said:
I just had the 12.4" RacingBrake put on a couple weeks ago for the fronts. Although the aren't a 'big' brake kit, the caliburs are actually pretty nice looking.. I'll try a post a pic up tomorrow. I wish they had the 328mm ready otherwise I would have gone with that but my rotors were gone and had to do something right away. I tried to get the tarox kit from dali but they would have had to have been ordered and don't know when they would have arrived. The dali RB kit is actually pretty decent though, better than I thought it would be quality wise.

Hi there,

I suppose your are referring to the two-piece rotors in the 97+ size together with the RB-calipers.
SimonPrelude has already given us his findings with the two-piece rotors with the OEM 97+ calipers.
Could you tell us what your findings are ? And that pictures would also still be nice.

They must already be completed because Dali racing already sells the two piece kit Racing Brake for the NSX 91-96. Must be a little more markup though as Dali sells the two piece rotors for around $500.

First we like to thank all who expressed their interest and called us about our BBK. We scheduled them to be available in October. During the test fit we found out that the rear brackets have to be made differently between earlier (up to 96) and later model (97+) so we need a few more weeks to change the tooling before we can run the casting and machining.

We expect to approve production in 2-4 weeks and start shipping around end October/early November.

Hi

I have tried to avoid reading this thread because I know what will happend now :)

My NSX probably has the stock rotors from 91. When out on very spirited drives I can feel that there are probably some minor misalignment in the rotors. They feel a little "shaky" when braking several times from triple digit speeds. (no flaming please) :biggrin:

I guess that is normal after 15 years use? The OEM rotors are good, but should have been changed I guess.

So since I will get new 18"/19" rims hopefully before season 2007 I would like some new rotors.

I track my car once a year so the brakes would be mostly for looks and ofcourse I would like the "shaking" to go away. The pedal would feel better with steel braided lines too.

So I think the BBK 323mm kit would be good for me. I do not want to change the calipers.

I may have missed this info above somewhere, but I guess that the BBK will not fit the OEM 15/16 wheels, but how about the 16/17 94 wheels? I have both 15/16 and 16/17 and some day I will have the 18/19.

Please let me know if I can use the 16/17 OEM without changing back to the OEM roters. And if anyone see any "flaws" in my plan for a tougher look.

It would be nice with big fat rotors with big fat Brembo's, but I can not justify the price when the reason for changing is what I write above here.

Regards

What is the diameter of oem rotos from a 1997, 298 mm front and 302 mm rear? Can it be true that the fronts are smaller then the rears? Thanks.

Yes it's true.

jmp said:
What is the diameter of oem rotos from a 1997, 298 mm front and 302 mm rear? Can it be true that the fronts are smaller then the rears? Thanks.

martin said:
I may have missed this info above somewhere, but I guess that the BBK will not fit the OEM 15/16 wheels, but how about the 16/17 94 wheels? I have both 15/16 and 16/17 and some day I will have the 18/19.
Yes, our BBK will fit under 16"-F / 17"-R stock wheels. This upgrade has the following benefits:

Very easy to install: Only swapping brackets and rotors. No brake line work (unless you also upgrading to stainless line)

Save big money: No bigger wheel or wheel spacers to buy, no big expenses like Brembo or Stoptech BBK that can cost thousands of dollars.

Improved performance: RacingBrake OE caliper kits are track proven
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75654&highlight=racingbrake

Lower maintenance costs:
For pads: Allow you to continue using stock pads which gives you more choices instead of expensive non-standard brake pads that come with aluminum caliper kits (Brembo or Stoptech)​

For rotors: Replace only the rotor rings as they wear out which will cost less in the long run than one piece rotors.​

Visual appealing: Not only the BBK gives the “filled” muscle look, being they are RB two piece rotors they will give you that unique look than traditional surface mount.

Hi

Any updates? Things are moving along?

I got the 18"/19" now and I need new rotors because they look tiny now. But I do not need them before april/may, but I am good to go on any group buy we can get going here.

The rotors on the back is larger then the one in the front. I could not find a answer to why?

Regards

I just got back from a track event and realized how bad the stock OEM pads were... and now I also need new front pads. So I was thinking about replacing the rotors and pads. I am thinking of going with Carbotech Panther + front & rear. How much better are the Panthers vs the Bobcats?

Now on to the RB Rotors...

How much better are the two piece rotors vs the single. I know that with the two piece that you can just replace the rotor rings, but the RB two piece rings are more than buying another single piece rotor ($162 vs $125). Also I see a slight weight difference... is this a big deal (worth double $)

I am on a budget, so I was thinking about going with f & r RB one-piece with Panther+ or just changing the fronts to RB two-piece and leaving the rear OEM rotors for now.

My stock rotors are still in good shape, so option three would be leaving the OEM rotors and just changing out the pads (although the RB slotted look pretty cool).

BTW: I am running Motul 600 and Dali air deflectors. I haven't removed the dust covers yet, but I noticed that on my 2000 they already have several elongated holes in the dustcover.

Many variables are at play.

I have had some 20+ track days on the very first set of the RB two piece rotors made - I actually helped with the fitment of the template, and I have turned all four once [a search will show the posts and comments]. Some hair line cracks are appearing on the front but not serious enough to catch a fingernail; I am watching it. The fronts will need change in another 2-3 tracks due to wearing the surface to the minimum spec thickness, the rears are still going strong and have plenty thickness. I run Carbotech Panther Plus, and my next pads will be XP8 even with street/track functionality.

If you will be tracking your car, go with the two piece for two reasons. (a) They will cool more and this is particularly important for the rears which get hotter; and (b) yes unsprung weight makes a difference. Changing just the rotors with the two piece will give you some savings.

The rears run at about 100F-125F hotter than the fronts, and the RB 2 piece rotors run about 100F cooler than the OEM.

The torque generated by the RB rotors will become very noticeable when you change from OEM rotors. If you are on street tires, your limiting factor is not the OEM rotor or even aftermarket pads (which will make a difference), but your tires. The P+ would be superior to the Bobcats.

Good to see another product on the market. Time for some hard testing:wink:

Curious though; the rear increases in weight by a mere 1.1 lbs yet the front increases by 3.4 lbs per rotor! Does the width of the rotor add that much weight when going from 23mm to 28mm over a 26mm larger surface?

Back