• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gentex rear view mirror group buy

Reference this thread for the inspiration behind this group buy.

Malibu Rapper said:
..... But I checked on the Gentex website that they have a version with Homelink so I can get rid of my garage door opener... That is so cool! I'll let you know what the seller says about getting some of these...
I'd be interested in the same one Malibu - having to reach into my consols or glove box for the Garage dooor remote is a pain! Can you see if we can do a mini group buy with the vendor? Maybe if he's willing to mix/match models - not everyone will want the top end one ....

Last edited:
Re: Got the buzz out

Yep, I've e-mailed him about the group buy idea. We'll see what he says, I'll keep you posted. Retail looks to be about $449.

I have this fairly new Genie Excelerator garage door and the remote is awfully large for being such a modern unit. I hang it off the visors but I hate leaving it there with the top off. The Homelink site says it does do code hopping transmitters as well. I can't wait to get this unit in the car. Really looking forward to every feature in the top model, the maplight will be a welcome addition for the targas.

Malibu Rapper said:
Yep, I've e-mailed him about the group buy idea. We'll see what he says, I'll keep you posted. Retail looks to be about $449.

I have this fairly new Genie Excelerator garage door and the remote is awfully large for being such a modern unit. I hang it off the visors but I hate leaving it there with the top off. The Homelink site says it does do code hopping transmitters as well. I can't wait to get this unit in the car. Really looking forward to every feature in the top model, the maplight will be a welcome addition for the targas.
For me I'd be interested in the compass/temp/homelink - no maplight required - starting to get a little bulky and no need with the hardtop

Let me know if a group buy is possible

It looks like there is some level of interest in buying these. Before we start the group buy thing, I need to get some pricing from him. His last reply indicated that he did not have the pricing on the Homelink stuff yet and he will get back to me tomorrow with it.

The company has a website: http://www.americansecurityco.com

Their prices on the website are a lot higher than what the prices he is getting on eBay. Currently, there are several winnable auctions from the same company for $188 + 12.95 shipping for the GENK30 model which on his website lists for $249. If someone were to purchase the GENK30 model via the group buy, I would only find it acceptable if the group buy price was better, otherwise you might as well buy it on eBay. Likewise the Homelink models should be on par with the same level of discounting.

I'll keep u posted...

I am an authorized dealer for those mirrors also. I can do a group buy of 5 or more any mix. Prices are as follows:
GenK20(compass/temp only)$180--retail$250
GenK30(C,T,adds map lights)$200--retail$300
GenK40(homelink only)$195--retail$260
GenK50(C,T,homelink)$285--retail$400
GenK60(C,T,H,maplights)$310--retail$450

All prices are with shipping to the lower 48. All products are guaranteed new and come with the full manufactuers warranty. PM me if you are interested.thanks--Brett

SNDSOUL said:
I am an authorized dealer for those mirrors also. I can do a group buy of 5 or more any mix. Prices are as follows:
GenK20(compass/temp only)$180--retail$250
GenK30(C,T,adds map lights)$200--retail$300
GenK40(homelink only)$195--retail$260
GenK50(C,T,homelink)$285--retail$400
GenK60(C,T,H,maplights)$310--retail$450

All prices are with shipping to the lower 48. All products are guaranteed new and come with the full manufactuers warranty. PM me if you are interested.thanks--Brett
Looks like a pretty good deal Brett!
GenK50(C,T,homelink)$285 for me!
How do you advise fixing to the NSX as described by Michael with cmpleet replacement of the window button, or does one of the adapters work?
Do you supply the adapter with them?

D'Ecosse said:
Looks like a pretty good deal Brett!
GenK50(C,T,homelink)$285 for me!
How do you advise fixing to the NSX as described by Michael with cmpleet replacement of the window button, or does one of the adapters work?
Do you supply the adapter with them?
I have a glass shop right next to my store, so we have them remove the mirror base from the windshield. They only charge $10 and it gives me peace of mind from my installers breaking the glass. The mirrors come with a new base. Windshields can sometimes crack from over heating so I would be very careful if you try to change it yourself using Micheal's method.

I will keep a tally in this post

1)D'Ecosse GenK50
2)Malibu Rapper GenK60
3)Cairo94507 GenK60
4)?? awsomr1 GenK50 or 60
5)THonda GenK20

Last edited:

I've thought about getting one of these mirrors. Gentex is one of my best customers. I should talk to my contact to see if she can score me the top of the line one.

One time I drove my NSX there for a meeting and showed her my car and all she could remark on was that it didn't have a Gentex mirror inside.... :tongue:

Here where I live we have two of the biggest mirror manufacturers out there for automotive (Gentex and Donnely).

I see someone's trying for a group buy already. If someone wants one bootlegged with no warranty then I'll see what I can do. I'm going to email my contact tomorrow to see what employees get them for.

Last edited:

I would love the GenK60, give me the full load. I especially love the homelink feature. Let me know and I will mail the check.
Michael
Aka Cairo94507

I'm interested as well, but can you post up the dimensions of the mirror itself for each of the models? I saw from the original poster that the mirror they got was a smaller size (stock NSX size) compared to the other models available. I like a wider mirror in the NSX so if you could post up dimensions, that would be greatly appreciated.

I'm interested in the GenK50 no need for map light when the car already them. I'm also curious about the dimensions. Anyone know where the base mounts? To the windshield with adhesive?

RudeBoy_baby_NSX said:
I'm interested in the GenK50 no need for map light when the car already them. I'm also curious about the dimensions. Anyone know where the base mounts? To the windshield with adhesive?
The maplight version is great for those with the T-top. See the thread reference in the initial post above for mounting info - yes, it's glued using a new button.

I'm interested in this as well, but would also like to see dimensions. I guess I'm most interested in the GK40 (just the homelite), if it will work my my opener (most likely will). All of these are auto-dimming, right?

D'Ecosse said:
The maplight version is great for those with the T-top. See the thread reference in the initial post above for mounting info - yes, it's glued using a new button.

Cool! I'm a little worried about removal of the old button. I recently had my windshield replaced so hopefully my glass shop can remove it without a problem. I've got a 91' coupe, so no worries about the maplight verisons. :cool:

I found some info here about Gentex Products

Here for Homelink Programming

Last edited:
When are you guys planning to close this group buy?
I need some time to make up my decision, I like the compass but I don't like it being different color than anything else inisde the car.
Is there a on/off button to turn off the auto dimming?
on my parents ML320 there's a button to turn it off, that's probably the only feature i like about that car, sometimes I think the auto dimming is being too dark and hardly to see anything (specially motorcycle or to determine if the car behind you is a cop or not)

Newman said:
I'm interested as well, but can you post up the dimensions of the mirror itself for each of the models? I saw from the original poster that the mirror they got was a smaller size (stock NSX size) compared to the other models available. I like a wider mirror in the NSX so if you could post up dimensions, that would be greatly appreciated.

You should be able to find the answers to all of your questions on this website. thanks

has anyone inquired about not just the removal but also the attachment of the new K type button on the windshield?

I have the Gentex K50 and have purchased 6 Permatex kits to install on the windshield and they have each failed to hold the K50 mirror. I followed the instructions, called tech support, etc without luck.

Once you guys get them, let me know where you are getting the mirror button installed professionally.

SNDSOUL said:
You should be able to find the answers to all of your questions on this website. thanks

I looked through all of that beforehand and didn't see any dimensions of each of the mirrors on the site, except for a couple of mirrors being specifically called 9" and 12" mirrors...... unless I totally missed something on the site.

I installed a Gentex self-dimming mirror around 3 years ago. I used the original mount from the NSX and disassembled the Gentex mirror and fit the pieces in. Took a little grinding with a Dremel and fits perfectly. The mirror is bigger than the stock mirror so unless you remove the stock unit itself and mount the mirror very high, it can inpinge on front view. I will post some pictures if I can get it figured out.

Tim

jorligan said:
I installed a Gentex self-dimming mirror around 3 years ago. I used the original mount from the NSX and disassembled the Gentex mirror and fit the pieces in. Took a little grinding with a Dremel and fits perfectly. The mirror is bigger than the stock mirror so unless you remove the stock unit itself and mount the mirror very high, it can inpinge on front view. I will post some pictures if I can get it figured out.

Tim
please post some pictures

Back