• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Almost a new '05 NSX owner -- but waiting for a May '05 delivery

I just put down a deposit on an '05 Siverstone/Onyx NSX-T, to be purposed ordered/built from the factory. :cool: It's $82k out the door, w/ $3600 in lease fees and 799/mon for 36 months. The downside, I'll have to wait for a May '05 delivery.

I could have gotten another '05 Siverstone/Onyx NSX-T in a dealer trade this last weekend, but it had more mileage on it than I liked. At this price, I want near zero miles on it and want to make sure it hasn't been test driven by a John-Q-Citizen.

Now it's the waiting game... :frown:

Why wait???

I got mine last Feb. from AZ, and I must say, the enjoyment for the next 3 month out weights the miles on the car, mine had 44 miles from the dealer and I did not think twice about it.

My thoughts are I will start enjoy the car ASAP, so what is 44 miles, no dealer will get "0" mile cars, you can search and let me tell you, it will never happen. To me as long as it is under 100 miles it is still new, anything over 250 miles than I would wait.

Anyways, welcome to the Prime and congrads on your new toy.

awsomr1 said:
Why wait???

I got mine last Feb. from AZ, and I must say, the enjoyment for the next 3 month out weights the miles on the car, mine had 44 miles from the dealer and I did not think twice about it.

My thoughts are I will start enjoy the car ASAP, so what is 44 miles, no dealer will get "0" mile cars, you can search and let me tell you, it will never happen. To me as long as it is under 100 miles it is still new, anything over 250 miles than I would wait.

Anyways, welcome to the Prime and congrads on your new toy.

Thanks...

In some ways I regret not going with the NSX from the dealer trade, but there were a number of other things that I just didn't feel right about it.

At least I'll have plenty of time to learn all I can about the NSX.

BTW- those are some very nice volk wheels you've got. Do you have a good pic of your car with them (CE28N) mounted? I've got LE37Ts on my '03 Acura CL Type-S 6MT. They weigh about 17 lbs each. How much do the CE28N weigh?

I have an 05 silverstone/black with 38 miles available right now- no wait! :biggrin:

cls6sp03 said:
Thanks...

In some ways I regret not going with the NSX from the dealer trade, but there were a number of other things that I just didn't feel right about it.

At least I'll have plenty of time to learn all I can about the NSX.

BTW- those are some very nice volk wheels you've got. Do you have a good pic of your car with them (CE28N) mounted? I've got LE37Ts on my '03 Acura CL Type-S 6MT. They weigh about 17 lbs each. How much do the CE28N weigh?

I have some photos in the members gallery section under my prime name, you can check there.

I do not know the weight of these wheels, but for sure they are over 17lb, they are 18*7.5 front and 19*9.5 rear.

Good luck :biggrin: :biggrin:

your leasing the car. why would you care about the mileage. that acura store cannot guarantte that the nsx lease special that they are running right now will even exist in three to five months. i would take advantage of the lease special right now. of course they will take your deposit and tell you what ever you want to hear. but that lease special last year ended for a few months during the summer. i would not risk it.

ryan

also i almost forgot. the window sticker of the nsx says right on it your car will have some miles on it. roughly around 35-45 miles for some sort of testing. track some back threads and you will find an actual pic of a window sticker stating that.

good luck partner its a hell of a car

pdt287 said:
and if you are only paying 82k out the door your nsx definetly should have some miles on it any way at that good of a price
Not necessarily. You can buy new ones at that price.

I ordered the exact same color combo from a dealer in my area. I ordered it in November '04, but also May '05 delivery.

Did they guarantee you the lease deal even if the deal was cancelled in May?

Here's the latest...

The dealer called me today and said they had the car trucked over from the other dealer anyway because they wanted to have an NSX for their showroom. They said I could have it if I like or go ahead with the factory order. -- talk about dangling a carrot in front of me. :tongue: They said that the lease deal can't be guaranteed in May and that there is no guarantee Acura will build mine as requested this year. Doesn't this sound like pressure tactics? :frown:

So here's the exact deal that's on the table.

Car history:
'05 NSX-T, Silverstone/Onyx with exactly 75 miles on it. The other dealer received the car from factory at the end of December where it has sat in the showroom. Owner of other dealership did drive it home at least once. It also managed to make it to a local car show in January as a pedestal show car.

Offering
  • $82,900 total cost
  • $3600 in lease fees (includes first payment)
  • $799 + tax ($863) per month for 36 months
  • Residue is $61,000
  • Includes free: factory car cover, trunk mat and Lojack with Early Warning installed.

I'm leaning toward this car now instead of taking a chance with the factory order and a tentative lease offering in May.

cls6sp03 said:
Here's the latest...

The dealer called me today and said they had the car trucked over from the other dealer anyway because they wanted to have an NSX for their showroom. They said I could have it if I like or go ahead with the factory order. -- talk about dangling a carrot in front of me. :tongue: They said that the lease deal can't be guaranteed in May and that there is no guarantee Acura will build mine as requested this year. Doesn't this sound like pressure tactics? :frown:

So here's the exact deal that's on the table.

Car history:
'05 NSX-T, Silverstone/Onyx with exactly 75 miles on it. The other dealer received the car from factory at the end of December where it has sat in the showroom. Owner of other dealership did drive it home at least once. It also managed to make it to a local car show in January as a pedestal show car.

(snip)

I'm leaning toward this car now instead of taking a chance with the factory order and a tentative lease offering in May.

Man, do not just 'lean' towards it...run on over there and get it if it is what you want!! 75 miles on the odometer is nothing when you consider that this way you get the car you want, at the lease deal and price you want, AND you can have the car NOW!! My thinking is if you are really serious about getting the car you will go on over there and pick it up. Give that NSX-T a home... :)

hes not buying a big three unit here. these cars dont need to be given away. 82,900 cap cost on a lease means the dealer made roughly 3400 hundred and about 1580 in hold back. sounds pretty reasonable on an 89,000 unit.

Well I know that it is not a Big Three car. 82,900 is a fair price I was just saying I would ask for a little more discount. You said it yourself $3400 on the front end and that is not including holdback. I know that on a car of a NSX holdback is a none issue but these cars are not flying off anyones showroom floor like they used to. That is all I am saying.

Back