• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Almost a new '05 NSX owner -- but waiting for a May '05 delivery

Regarding the superb handling of a stock '05 NSX in regards to a great balance between ride comfort and handling, I'm wandering if any suspension upgrades like the CT springs and sways would make that much difference. I could see possibly going with the CT sways, but would be concerned that the CT springs would ruin ride comfort and make scraping the front nose on driveways even more of a problem.

Any thoughts?

cls6sp03 said:
Regarding the superb handling of a stock '05 NSX in regards to a great balance between ride comfort and handling, I'm wandering if any suspension upgrades like the CT springs and sways would make that much difference. I could see possibly going with the CT sways, but would be concerned that the CT springs would ruin ride comfort and make scraping the front nose on driveways even more of a problem.

Any thoughts?
Well, there are almost always compromises, and I' think you've identified them quite well. Not that ride comfort would necessarily go so far as to be "ruined", but most suspension changes that make it firmer also reduce ride comfort. Just as changes that lower the car tend to make scraping the nose more likely. Some people are willing to accept these side effects as part of those changes, and others prefer the car the way it comes from the factory. It's one of those "different strokes" things.

One way to tell which you might prefer would be to go to NSX Club meetings (including NSXPO) where another owner, with an NSX with the mods you're considering, might take you for a ride (or even let you drive) in his car to give you a better feel for the differences and their effects.

Congrats on the purchase. I remember seeing your CL at the last club lunch and that was a pretty sweet ride too. I look forward to seeing your new NSX in person at the next lunch. Have fun. Drive safely. You are in for a treat once the break in period is over.

Back