• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Almost a new '05 NSX owner -- but waiting for a May '05 delivery

I already played hard-ball with them. I think this is about as good a deal I'm going to get. I'll be calling them in a couple of hours with my decision. I will try one last time to see if I can knock a few more $$s off.

cls6sp03 said:
I already played hard-ball with them. I think this is about as good a deal I'm going to get. I'll be calling them in a couple of hours with my decision. I will try one last time to see if I can knock a few more $$s off.
Either way, sounds good - go for it!

Well.......................... the deed is done..........................

Meaning........................ All papers are signed and I take delivery on Friday or Saturday of this week. :cool: :) :biggrin: Car is beauuuuuuutifullllllllllll... gorgeeeeeous...

Everyone, thanks for your feedback.... I'll post some pics soon.

I'm so jealous. My dealership is checking on my order that I placed on 11/04. If the car is not coming within the next month I think I'm gonna shop elsewhere.

RyRy210 said:
I'm so jealous. My dealership is checking on my order that I placed on 11/04. If the car is not coming within the next month I think I'm gonna shop elsewhere.

Sorry to hear you're having delivery problems. I was originally going with a preferenced factory order, but was told that there would be no guarantee I could get the car this year. I would have to wait 45 days to get a confirmation from factory on order. So I went for the dealer trade instead.

Hope everything works out for you...

itshumble said:
wow, wish i had 80 something grand to throw down on a new NSX... shit, i wish i had 30k to put on a 92, lol. can't wait to see her. got ne plans for her?

That would be an awfully long drive. :D But it would be fun...

I'm surprised you guys have that much of a problem finding cars in stock out on the left coast. I just happened to walk in to the local Acura dealer here in Indy today to pick up a part and they had an '05 Silverstone/Onyx on the floor. Chicago, wouldn't have surprised me but here was a bit of a shock, considering the rarity of the '05's. If anybody's looking for one it's Ed Martin Acura in Indianapolis. Enjoy the car, you'll be glad you didn't wait :biggrin:

Nate

Big_nate said:
Chicago, wouldn't have surprised me
It would surprise me!!! Although that depends on the dealership. There are nine Acura dealers in the Chicago area. The "NSX Locator" on Acura's website, which is not entirely up to date, shows two of them as having an NSX in stock, and there is a third that has had a new one in the showroom within the past year. I would be shocked if any of the other six dealers had a new NSX in the showroom - and they include the two that do the most NSX service!

cls6sp03 said:
Sorry guys... I just realized that I'm turning into a posting ho about my new car... :D
You mean, like nobody else here was excited to drive home a new (or new to them) NSX?

:D :D :D

congrats!!! it's the greatest feeling in the world isn't?!? :smile:

tbck2793 said:
congrats!!! it's the greatest feeling in the world isn't?!? :smile:

Well, I can think of only a couple of other things that come close... :D ... one starts with a W... :wink:

Not that I should complain... but talk about bad timing last night... It rained all the way home from work last night and traffic was just crawling... not the kind of weather I want to be driving an NSX in. :frown:

NsXMas said:
I think the rest of the week should be better weather. Looks like mother nature wanted to wash your NSX before you brought it home!!! ;)

Today's weather is begging me for a drive. I better take advantage of this or I won't be driving her for a while. The ten day forecast for N. CA. looks like this... :frown:

Today, Feb 12 Partly Cloudy 10% Precip. Chance
Sun, Feb 13 Cloudy 20% Precip. Chance
Mon, Feb 14 Showers 30% Precip. Chance
Tue, Feb 15 Showers 40% Precip. Chance
Wed, Feb 16 Showers 40% Precip. Chance
Thu, Feb 17 Showers 40% Precip. Chance
Fri, Feb 18 Few Showers 30% Precip. Chance
Sat, Feb 19 Few Showers 30% Precip. Chance
Sun, Feb 20 Rain 60% Precip. Chance
Mon, Feb 21 Scattered Showers 40% Precip. Chance

Big_nate said:
I'm surprised you guys have that much of a problem finding cars in stock out on the left coast. I just happened to walk in to the local Acura dealer here in Indy today to pick up a part and they had an '05 Silverstone/Onyx on the floor. Chicago, wouldn't have surprised me but here was a bit of a shock, considering the rarity of the '05's. If anybody's looking for one it's Ed Martin Acura in Indianapolis. Enjoy the car, you'll be glad you didn't wait :biggrin:

Nate

Nate, they almost always have an NSX at that dealership. They actually sell alot of NSX's. I sat in the one you spoke of :tongue:

Took her out on Saturday for my first real drive...

All I can say is WOW................................... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: I had a most difficult time putting her away for the night. I just wanted to keep driving her.

I've been driving a fully modded Acura CL Type-S 6MT for over two years now. It's got CT i/sc/h/catback/springs/sways/strutbar, konis, BBK, etc... For a luxury coupe, it's very quick, handles really well and brakes down to nothing quickly. I love driving it and have no plans of given it up.

But driving the NSX yesterday took my driving experience to a whole different level. I took her out onto some twisties and couldn't believe how effortlessly it was going around turns. I was pushing the car to only about 60% which is where I'd be at if I was pushing my CL to 100%. The balance of the car is unbelievable. The only other car I've driven that came close to this type of balance was a Porsche 914. And the brakes are amazing for stock brakes. I avoided really hard braking so I don't know the full braking potential yet.

Since I'm still under the recommend 600 mile break-in period, I limited the revs to 5500 RPMs; well I think I hit 6k once or twice. So I only got a glimpse of the available HP from the car. But I'd have to say (I know I'm going to get flamed for this), I did miss the low-end torque from my SC'ed Acura CL Type-S 6MT. You see, I've gotten use to the 305/262 WHP/TQ from my CL which is very quick in a straight line. As it stands, I know my CL is quicker, but not sure by how much. However, it doesn't matter to me. The NSX as a whole package is incredible and it would be unfair to compare the two cars; definitely apples/oranges. But I do plan on installing a CTSC later on. That is the only thing the NSX is lacking IMHO. It needs a bit more HP/TQ.

I can hardly wait to go for another drive. Unfortunately, the weather looks bad for the next week. :frown:

cls6sp03 said:
Since I'm still under the recommend 600 mile break-in period, I limited the revs to 5500 RPMs; well I think I hit 6k once or twice. So I only got a glimpse of the available HP from the car. But I'd have to say (I know I'm going to get flamed for this), I did miss the low-end torque from my SC'ed Acura CL Type-S 6MT. You see, I've gotten use to the 305/262 WHP/TQ from my CL which is very quick in a straight line. As it stands, I know my CL is quicker, but not sure by how much. However, it doesn't matter to me. The NSX as a whole package is incredible and it would be unfair to compare the two cars; definitely apples/oranges. But I do plan on installing a CTSC later on. That is the only thing the NSX is lacking IMHO. It needs a bit more HP/TQ.
What the NSX lacks in torque, it makes up for in gearing. Of course, you can't experience that yet, because you're still in the break-in period. But once you're past those 600 miles, you'll be able to take it all the way up to redline while accelerating - and that's where the NSX really rocks, because you'll be in a lower gear. With your six-speed, first gear goes all the way up to 47 mph, second to 74, and third to 102. Drive it that way and it will blow your socks off.

Back