• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

"01 + Porsche owners?

JAM

Contributing Member
To anyone who owns or has owned a 2001 or newer Porsche Turbo... I would like honest opinions of the car and any details that seem pertinent! My girlfriend and I are looking at a 2001 Turbo to replace her M3. A friend of mine has a 2000 Carrera C2 Cab that I have driven a few times and really wasn't that fond of because I felt it was slow and didn't handle as well as I thought it would. I have read very positive reviews of the Turbo, but want owners opinions. Also, I didn't like the overabundance of plastic inside, is there anything aftermarket to replace it with carbon fiber? Thanks for your thoughts!

01 Porsche TT

One of my associates bought an 01 Twin Turbo last November (it had 2500 miles on it). This guy has owned everything you can imagine, Testarosa, Aston Martin, you name it, he's owned it. I drove the car, it's a blast to drive, the power is awesome, he's got the wood package (not the large one) and the interior is nice to look at, and comfortable to drive in. The shifter felt smooth and precise (he's since put the short shift kit in), the ride, firm, not punishing. Another associate just bought an 03 C4S, also, real pretty on the inside, good ride, not the same power as the Twin Turbo, but almost as quick as my 02 NSX. The short and long of it is that the Porshce is a great car to drive, and looks good from the inside, on the outside, it just doesn't stir my soul. It looks just like every Porsche out there from the front door forward. The Turbo adds some pizzaz with the width, and cut-outs, but to me, while attractive, it's not exotic anymore. If you're looking for good dependable fun to drive, I don't think you'll go wrong with the car, I just think that there are other choices that look better. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I behold my NSX. You makes your payments, you make your choices. Good luck on whatever you choose, if it makes you happy, you can't lose!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Back