• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

$10,000 below sticker for RL?

What's wrong with acura? can't sell? I thought NSX is the only car that you can get $10,000 below sticker. Never thought that you can buy an RL for $10,000 below sticker when the car just recently launched.

ONE WEEK ONLY ON 2005

We Appreciate the Opportunity to Earn Your Business!

Your Internet Purchase Price for the New Acura RL
is
$39,988.00
(MSRP is $49,670)
There is a lease out that can save you a lot more money please call me
Recognized as Car and Driver's Best Luxury Sedan, the RL includes a Voice Activated Talking Navigational Unit as standard equipment.
Starts September 17, 2005 & Ends September 23, 2005.
Must bring this ad in to get this price.
The above pricing includes destination and handling of $570,
wheel locks and splash guards.
CALL OR E-MAIL US NOW

Must Bring This in With you to get this Price
Daryl Wolters
Internet Sales Manager
Downey Acura
(562) 299-5202
or
(800) 245-7679

supra2nv said:
truly there are other cars I would rather have for $50k. RL looks a little bland compared to its competitors. Just me though.

Here's mine...Full ASpec. Suspension, body, wheels

Attachments

• RL side.jpg
    RL side.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 674
  • RL front.jpg
    RL front.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 697
AndyH said:
What's wrong with acura? can't sell? I thought NSX is the only car that you can get $10,000 below sticker. Never thought that you can buy an RL for $10,000 below sticker when the car just recently launched.

ONE WEEK ONLY ON 2005

We Appreciate the Opportunity to Earn Your Business!

is
$39,988.00
(MSRP is $49,670)
Recognized as Car and Driver's Best Luxury Sedan, the RL includes a Voice Activated Talking Navigational Unit as standard equipment.
The above pricing includes destination and handling of $570,
wheel locks and splash guards.
CALL OR E-MAIL US NOW

Must Bring This in With you to get this Price
Daryl Wolters
Internet Sales Manager
Downey Acura
(562) 299-5202
or
(800) 245-7679

Kinda late :redface:

went back up to $42k today, special ended yesterday. :cool: still pretty good price and i'm shock by how low they are going for. but i probably prefer the M35/45 before the RL as well.

Last edited:
My neighbor went from a G35 sedan to the M45, and that car is pretty trick. He loved the G, but he said the M takes everything to a higher level - performance, looks, size, luxury, technology. Plus, Infiniti has figured out how to produce the sweetest exhaust note in the business. The RL is too small and too bland, even though it remains a great value. Hothonda's is sweet, though.

I looked at everything from $50-70K and for what the RL
gives + the benefits that Acura affords in the way of customer service...well, for me it was the best choice . I like the RL.
It's not an NSX, but for a 4dr, $50K sedan, it's fine + the
SH-AWD and Aspec set up make it handle as well as any
German sedan...maybe not as fast but still adequate for $15K less and a consistent 20-25mpg.

Initially I thought the looks were ho-hum but lowering and wheels + the tasteful ASPEC body kit make it look much more
muscular. It looks better in person.

Through the years I've purchased many new MB's, BMW's, Porsches etc - over and above the inherent problems typical in
German cars, the dealer's attitudes all basicly sucked! Like
they were doing me a favor both in purchase and service.

Never owned an Infiniti, but have had my share of Nissans
(Titan, 350Z...) and their service is only one tick above the
domestics..barely.

Attachments

• RL back.jpg
    RL back.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 632
randomharmony said:
may i ask how much was the ASPEC option? does the pkg come with the wheels too?

All is available through EBay vendors....Suspension $650,
18" wheels approx $1400, body kit I think is about $1200
+ install and tires. I negotiated my whole package at the
time of purchase with my Acura dealer but I think you can
safely figure somewhere between $4 and 5K installed.

It's the best investment I could have made for the RL !

Steve

thanks for sharing, glad you like it! i'm not too wild about the wheels, but how's suspension? wonder if there're coilover set-ups for the car. i like kit though, gives it a more agressive look yet not too "loud" like the next door neighbor.

AndyH said:
is
$39,988.00
(MSRP is $49,670)
[/B]
These "specials" are usually on one vehicle and are sold(to the inner circle)before you even see the ad --- and then....

"But wait, seein's as you're already here, lets see what we can do!" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

-j-

randomharmony said:
thanks for sharing, glad you like it! i'm not too wild about the wheels, but how's suspension? wonder if there're coilover set-ups for the car. i like kit though, gives it a more agressive look yet not too "loud" like the next door neighbor.

Go drive one! There is very little choice in aftermarket wheels
(18") that fit the '05+ RLs....Acura also has a smoke chrome
color in the same style. If you find a wheel dealer that claims
they have wheels that fit...double check to save yourself some
grief.

The suspension lowers the car approx 1" and tightens it up
considerably. I went with Pirelli P-Zero Nero all season tires
after having problems with excessive tramlining and road feed-back w/Michelin Pilot Sports....the Pirellis are great for
this car and give all weather capability...which was what I
wanted.

IMO, the RL has the nicest interior of any Honda product ever made. It feels nice, looks nice and smells nice.

I don't personally think the car is worth $50K (and the market must agree if they're being offered at $10K off sticker) but for $40K I'd consider one.

I still think Honda/Acura has a lot to learn from some of the other luxury nameplates (Japanese and European) when it comes to dealership experience and customer support.

Da Hapa said:
I still think Honda/Acura has a lot to learn from some of the other luxury nameplates (Japanese and European) when it comes to dealership experience and customer support.

I agree with that 100%. Our local dealership here does not even have loner cars when you bring yours in for service!

jimmycinla said:
These "specials" are usually on one vehicle and are sold(to the inner circle)before you even see the ad --- and then....

"But wait, seein's as you're already here, lets see what we can do!" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

-j-

That's not true in this case. I just browsed the RL forum, there're at least 4 or 5 guys that bought it at that advertising price. Couple of them flew into california to buy the car and drive it back home.

AndyH said:
That's not true in this case. I just browsed the RL forum, there're at least 4 or 5 guys that bought it at that advertising price. Couple of them flew into california to buy the car and drive it back home.
Nice.

-j-

If I weren't so upside down in my current TL(thanks to wifes trade in :frown: ) I would seriously consider getting the RL.
Don't get me wrong, I really love my TL but I have sat in the RL before and feel in love with the comfort of the seats.

randomharmony said:
Hothonda,

may i ask what kinda milage can you get with the RL? thx!

At 2K miles I'm getting 20-24 consistently with a mix
of town and freeway. I'm sure that will improve after
I get some more miles.

AndyH said:

Acura cannot compete in this price space. $50k is a little too high. Some people are talking about Infiniti...they ain't sellin cars either. The G sells well. It's about tiptop for Infiniti. They sell no Qs and no Ms. Both are sales failures.

The RL is as feature-rich as the TL, except in a higher price space. That's the difference. Infiniti and Acura can sell boatloads of cars in the low 30s. Once you top 40, you are headed into a region where people want to have BMWs. You cannot get a "competing" BMW for the price of the RL. No 5-series. But, you can get a 3, a pretty nice one. And, people will usually spring for the smaller 3 over the bigger RL, solely on account of the prestige of the badge.

The RL is nice and all, but I am kinda underwhelmed by all Acks right now except for the TSX for the price. I think the RL'd be a great car for about 40k.

I like the RL a lot, but I do not think it offers enough over the TL to justify nearly 20K more money. For that, it needed to be longer with a lot more interior room and more power. That would do it from my perspective.

latest pricing, damn they're not desparate enough.....yet

FYI, because of this thread, I asked a salesperson what the Costco price was on the 05 RL, while my NSX was up on the rack for a CV boot repair. Bellevue Acura in Washington, gave me a no dicker price of $43,961.90 this morning. The only optional equip was color matched mud flaps. That's $1000 UNDER invoice for a 2005 RL. The costco price is $1000 over invoice, but they have to move these 05's before the 06 RL comes in and further clogs their lot (a lot of 05 RL's are under the heat lamp getting old and crusty). There must be factory incentives to move these for prices to go below invoice...does anyone here work at a dealer and knows?

I told them to call me if they get to $40k...I can wait. I've test driven the M45, E500, GS430/3xx, and the RL is fourth on this list. The M45 is an awesome machine: throttle blipping/rev matched downshifts, sport package, no VDIM (auto nanny). Marketwise, I can wait. The RL is too much of an overpriced Avalon imho, but just like Hapa said: at $40k, I would be interested. I am interested in the new IS350 over the RL sight unseen. If it came with a manual it would be a no brainer for the IS350. My lovely wife is asking for an auto; but I might be able to heel-toe another manual in our garage, in exchange for doing something she wants to do like dance lessons or maybe going bowling, haha.

Back