• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

$10,000 below sticker for RL?

I talked to my local Acura dealer and they told me 42k was the lowest possible..I told them 41.5k was the lowest I'd go. So instead, I bought an RX400h because they were giving 4k off the sticker. :tongue:

i'm considering it too if it's 40k, great car and great deal. might get 2 actually, one for uncle and one for family. '06 around the corner, something gotta give for the '05s. keep us updated if anyone got anything new! :biggrin:

Hothonda said:
It's not an NSX, but for a 4dr, $50K sedan, it's fine + the
SH-AWD and Aspec set up make it handle as well as any
German sedan...maybe not as fast but still adequate for $15K less and a consistent 20-25mpg.

You're getting over 20 mpg - on the highway or mixed driving? My wife averages about 17 mpg (according to the trip computer) and most auto mags have commented that the RL gets fair mileage at best.

NsSeX said:
Does anyone know if you can still get a RL for Invoice?

You can get a new 05 RL for $1000 under invoice, as a starting point. Better deals can be had depending on your location.

Thanks, right now i'm really torn between trading in my m3 for a RL or poneying up some more$$ and finding myselft a 02+ NSX :biggrin: or just keep my M3 :frown:

If any of you out there have an an RL or are close to buying one, I have a set of RL wheels that I bought from ebay. I was looking for winter wheels for my TL, not thinking the lug pattern would be different. So, if anyone is looking for a nice set of wheels let me know. They were taken off a new RL that was purchased with upgraded wheels. I'm sure they had the normal 30 miles or so on them. There is one slight pit on one of the edges, very small. If anyone is interested I'll take some pics. If I can't sell them I may have the back half machined off and hang them on the wall. Nice Acura art!!!

Dave Hardy said:
I'm sure that the RL is more reliable than an M3, but still. In my mind, the RL is a glorified accord and is in no way on par with the M3.

RL's made in Japan, Accord in the USA.

What is so great about the M3 again? Oh yeah, "it's a BMW."

My initial preconceived opinion of the '05 was "yawn"...after driving one and
comparing it to other $50K 4 dr sedans, I bought one!

Steve
Seattle

FWD w/ AWD capability...?!?

What's the power distribution between the front & rear axles of the '05 RL, when AWD isn't active per'se... :confused:

When it comes to luxury sedans, I personally prefer RWD... or atleast primarily RWD if an AWD drivetrain.

Dave Hardy said:
I'm sure that the RL is more reliable than an M3, but still. In my mind, the RL is a glorified accord and is in no way on par with the M3.

Supposedly Honda whipped the RL around the Nurburgring and it beat R34 skyline. That's no slouch.

liftshard said:
RL's made in Japan, Accord in the USA.

What is so great about the M3 again? Oh yeah, "it's a BMW."

RL = FWD Midsize Automatic
Accord = FWD Midsize Automatic

Badge has nothing to do with it. The M3 is RWD, it's got a manual gearbox, and it's got the best brakes I've ever felt short of the STi Brembos. I prefer Hondas, and if they made anything that was comparable I'm sure I'd like it, but a FWD V6 Automatic isn't even in the same ballpark. The TSX is much more interesting than the RL to me, because if it's got to be FWD, at least they can put a lightweight engine in it and made it where I can shift my own gears.

Dave Hardy said:
RL = FWD Midsize Automatic

Um no.

RL = AWD Midsize Auto.

In fact, it is the most advanced AWD system on the market according to Honda.

Dave Hardy said:
I'll compromise. It's not FWD, but it's also not AWD. It's "AWD". ie - in theory there is some power going to the rear wheels. In reality it will still drive like a FWD car.

Would it still have Torque Steer?

Back