• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

10 Things you didn't know about the NSX

Honestly He comes of as kinda douchey with a journalist profile pic wearing sunglasses. Seriously? This isn't some spontaneous pic that he used for his face to the world, it was planned...and he leaves his sunglasses on? Really? The cool factor isn't gonna be retrieved if you're already bald and sporting a goatee.

However if he's blind my condolences.

1. Targa top also fits in the trunk
2. 97+ aluminum panels are thicker than the na1
3.nsx was inspiration for macleran
4. Your chances of getting layed triple
5. Hefty girls don't like driving in it
6. Cup holder is for show
7. Glove box only stores small bottle of jack daniels, or owners manual.
8. Every time you drive by a corvette they wave to you
9. You can hide your beer behind your seat so cops cant see it when pulled over
10. Some nsx owners put Honda badges on it.

#2 is backwards:

2. 97+ aluminum panels are thinner than the na1

1. Targa top also fits in the trunk
2. 97+ aluminum panels are thicker than the na1
3.nsx was inspiration for macleran
4. Your chances of getting layed triple
5. Hefty girls don't like driving in it
6. Cup holder is for show
7. Glove box only stores small bottle of jack daniels, or owners manual.
8. Every time you drive by a corvette they wave to you
9. You can hide your beer behind your seat so cops cant see it when pulled over
10. Some nsx owners put Honda badges on it.

4. is unfortunately wrong,due to the fact that the nsx is a known dude magnet :frown:

Going for the bucket [but beginning to think there is no bucket]

22) The NSX is not expensive to insure, the power to weight ratio is just below the level that triggers higher priced insurance
23) A steel car will dent well before an NSX in a hail storm

Two things I did not know before we went to the factory in 1998 for NSXFiesta. Both tidbits came from Uehara himself.

1. The single color for the US market was to save money to pay for new US required equipment starting in 1994. Uehara said all NSX's should have a black top.

2. The NSX interior was greatly influenced by the Porsche 928. Honda even considered making the instrument cluster movable just like the 928 but decided not to.

Attachments

• 928 interior.jpg
    928 interior.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 344
Wow, a Porsche 928 huh? I would never have guessed by looking at modern 911 interiors. They should have stuck to the 928 interior design.

Two things I did not know before we went to the factory in 1998 for NSXFiesta. Both tidbits came from Uehara himself.

1. The single color for the US market was to save money to pay for new US required equipment starting in 1994. Uehara said all NSX's should have a black top.

2. The NSX interior was greatly influenced by the Porsche 928. Honda even considered making the instrument cluster movable just like the 928 but decided not to.

I actually thought the attached thumbnail was an auto NSX until I clicked on it. Wow

Really two sets of golf clubs?...I am a future NSX owner wandered if 1 set would even fit. Good to know..I would never carry two...but love the idea of carrying one.

One is no problem but I have to take the driver out of the bag. Two fit but I couldn't close the trunk. That said, golf bags are much bigger now than in 1990.

One is no problem but I have to take the driver out of the bag. Two fit but I couldn't close the trunk. That said, golf bags are much bigger now than in 1990.

Not all of them. Get a Sun Mountain carry bag; less than 4 ounces empty, and half the size of those monster TaylorMade bags. My trunk can hold two of these with room left for shoes and hats. Besides, carrying your clubs will improve your health, the better to enjoy your NSX...

I vaguely remember there being some badly translated secret message on the stereo (only noticeable if you pull it out of the car)

Last edited:
I vaguely remember there being some badly translated secret message on the stereo (only noticeable if you pull it out of the car)

On the Climate Control Unit...
15a1c415.jpg

Going for the Bucket:

12) The stock stereo is the weakest link of the car*
*A) 50% of owners don't care B) the other 50% upgrade
13) Conception is possible on driver side, less likely elsewhere.
14) Tire wear is no longer an issue after the second year of ownership; after that, owners look forward to new tires.

I love the feeling of fresh rubber!!:smile:

4. is unfortunately wrong,due to the fact that the nsx is a known dude magnet :frown:

so THAT'S why my fiance' loves driving my car about town. It all makes sense now :biggrin:

Actually, I realized this on my maiden voyage from Tampa to Sacramento. Old white guys and Asians, all of them. Not that it really matters, just an observation :)

Asians and Latinos love the NSX. I took mine to lunch yesterday, and a Latina chica was taking photos of the car when I returned.

U r not alone in this observation. Maybe Asians love the nsx because it's possibly the most beautiful Asian made car ever produced, and old caucasian guys like it probably because they are F1 fan growing up watching Senna driving a mclaren Honda. Younger guys like boyracer cars like Evo, Sti and the likes, and as they get older, they start appreciating the nsx, hence more and more younger guys start buying nsx. Either that or I am talking out of my azz. :D

Actually, I realized this on my maiden voyage from Tampa to Sacramento. Old white guys and Asians, all of them. Not that it really matters, just an observation :)

Back