• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1991 Black/Black, 23.5K, 153k Miles, JH4NA1157MT002463

1991 NSX Black/Black 153k Miles JH4NA1157MT002463
I am the 3rd owner of my NSX and have had it since Feb 2000. I purchased it with 127K miles and have maintained all service records and other documentation since then. Have limited documents from previous owner. Major services has been performed my Barney (Barn Man) in Nashville, TN (Master Tech at Gary Force Acura). The car drives excellent and still "tight" as I have been told by many other NSX owners whom have driven my car. Mechanically she is sound and engine is strong. Transmission does fall in "snap ring" range and it has never been replaced based on the records I have. Both Barney and Mark Basch have told me that if the tranny has had no issues the mileage it had, then the tranny is more than likely fine. Car was repainted back in 1999 by previous owner, they did a great job. The paint still looks great with a Zaino shine. Since I have never installed a bra there is only visible wear on the front nose and hood . Other than that the paint looks great and the car continues to turn heads...people can't beleive it when I tell them she is 18 years old!
Here is a recap of the things I have done with her:
* Installed new LMA's (Lost Motion Assembly) to correct "clicking" noise coming from engine. Did a couple valve adjustments first at my local Acura dealer however it was not until I took my car to Barney in Nashville, TN that the real problem was identified. ( the Barn Man is awesome!)
* Installed DC Headers and Taitec exhaust (purchase from Chris at SOS and installed by Barney)
* Replaced entire ABS unit due to a faulty accumulator ball
* SS Brake Lines
* Speedbleeders
* Upgrade brake pads
* New AC evaporator (installed by Barney)
* New trunk lifts (glass hatch lifts also work great)
* New AC compressor (AC works just fine and has been converted to R134)
* New brake master cylinder (installed by Acura Dallas, TX during 2002 NSXPO)
* Refurbished OEM radio unit
* Custom "yellow" highlights to internal trim (see photos)
* Kit front nose and side skirts installed by previous owner (see photos)
* 17" & 18" Enkei Rims (installed by previous owner)
* Replaced cracking leather steering wheel with another OEM in much better condition
* New clutch installed spring of 2000 at Ft Walton, Fl Acura. This was the first thing I did to the car.

Overall the car is in great shape considering her age and mileage. Prior to me purchasing this car it was a daily commutter. The previous owner did a lot of driving between Jacksonville and Atlanta. I have averaged around 4K miles a year and have taken very good care of her. A few simple cosmetic changes to the interior (recovering of the seats, new leather on brake handle, etc..) will significanly improve upon what is already there. The car has been extremely reliable and will continue to be reliable for the next owner. Car has a clean title, however there will be one reported incident back in the early 90's to the driver side door which was replaced based on what I was told from the previous owner. Absolutely no frame damage as I have had multiple Acura dealers check this out for me, including Barney.
I am located in Rogers, AR and asking $23,500 (firm). If interested please send me a PM or contact me at: [email protected]
Until I am able to post the images here on Prime I will be glad to direct you to photos I have posted out on Yahoo Photos. Please send me an email with your request.
Thanks,
Chris

Back