• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1991 blk/ivory JH4NA1154MT000444

The seller purchased it in 2010 based off a result from me running the vin through Google. I question the overall condition of the vehicle however since he's basically giving it away when comparing the price vs mileage.

He does state that cosmetically its a mess, and you can kind of tell from the two photos. Look at the front bumper, its chaffed away. No photos of the interior were provided so who knows what that is looking like. If the vehicle is in good mechanical shape (provided TB/WP done which I doubt) then you would probably need to drop $5k - $8k or more into the cosmetics and quirky fixes. All this is just a rough guess based off of other posts I have followed.

Basicaly if you want a lowish miles car for cheap and just want to do the TB WP and maybe clutch which adds up if cant do it yourself. Also if your going to mods the car with custom paint or 02 conversion or widebody your gona redo the most of it anyways. Same goes for seats if you wanted bride or recaros etc.

He does state that cosmetically its a mess, and you can kind of tell from the two photos. Look at the front bumper, its chaffed away. No photos of the interior were provided so who knows what that is looking like. If the vehicle is in good mechanical shape (provided TB/WP done which I doubt) then you would probably need to drop $5k - $8k or more into the cosmetics and quirky fixes. All this is just a rough guess based off of other posts I have followed.

That's scary close to how I saw the money figures in my head.

I am less concerned with the mechanicals because every NSX is going to need some work done to it when you buy one. I am concerned about the paint and if there is any damage from the low speed collision.

I'll post anything else I get up in here in case I am not the only one looking at it :)

At $18,500 it was bound to go quick, especially with only 68,000 miles on it.

Looked like a hell of a bargain to me. ESP for 02+ conversion/ exterior update as well as interior redo.

Even If all the mods costed 15 k for low 30s you'd have a stunning NSx mint condition with under 70k miles

Pshht...no way, fix the cosmetic and little mechanical issues and keep it stock. Drive and enjoy.

I contacted the owner 10 minutes after it listed and he said he had a guy coming from FL to purchase it already. So someone in FL got a killer deal on what seems to be a legit car. I talked to him for 15-20 minutes about it. We agreed that if first guy did not come through I would head down there today to get the car but the first guy bought it..

Last edited:
Good morning everyone, she will be coming home with me this week. Just wanted to poke my head up and say hello since everyone was curious. I haven't even had the chance to see it in person so I will let you know how good or bad a purchase it turns out to be. The seller seems honest and upfront on any issues so I feel pretty good about my purchase. I was looking at several others and figured for the price + what it will cost me to recondition it, I am going to hopefullycome out ahead and know what I have with a 68k mile car.

I think I will keep it mainly stock, but I have gone both directions with my cars in the past and have enjoyed both. I have built several Supras and German cars, but this is my frst NSX and I can't wait to get her in the garage!!!

you sir are a very very lucky man.

congrats on this gem of a find/deal

Good morning everyone, she will be coming home with me this week. Just wanted to poke my head up and say hello since everyone was curious. I haven't even had the chance to see it in person so I will let you know how good or bad a purchase it turns out to be. The seller seems honest and upfront on any issues so I feel pretty good about my purchase. I was looking at several others and figured for the price + what it will cost me to recondition it, I am going to hopefullycome out ahead and know what I have with a 68k mile car.

I think I will keep it mainly stock, but I have gone both directions with my cars in the past and have enjoyed both. I have built several Supras and German cars, but this is my frst NSX and I can't wait to get her in the garage!!!

Congrats! Any idea how long it had been sitting there? From the looks of the ground underneath it, the car appears to have been parked for quite a while.

Congrats! Any idea how long it had been sitting there? From the looks of the ground underneath it, the car appears to have been parked for quite a while.

Thanks. The blacktop is just moist from dew or rain around it. Has been driven, but at a minimum in last 6 moths. Will do TB and WP right away!!

Congrats Seeya, You beat me to it :wink:

Hope it is as good of a deal as it seemed to be. Some maintenance and clean/paint touch up and you will have a nice driver!

Now back to looking at prime classifieds again :)

Back