• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1991 "Factory Fresh" Build

Your car has a mirror finish that looks amazing. Did you get the leak sorted out? I was the guy with the silver NSX that day at the Acura dealership.

I bought the carpet from a Prime member for $100 lol. After examining the pieces my guess was he tried to DIY, ran into some snags and just gave up. The driver side was "fitted" with some sort of rubber backing/mold, but it took a lot of work to get it right. The passenger side was just a roll of black carpet lol. It was not even close to fitted and I had to do all the cutting and fitting myself- VERY HARD. But, it was only a hundred bucks! :) If I had to do it over again I would go with the tfent carpet kit. It still requires some fitting, but it is much easier than what I did. After seeing the result, I think the factory Ivory should have come with a black carpet. It really makes the seats and trim pop.

I purchased Tfent blacket carpet. He told me to get a pro to install it. :biggrin:But imma gonna try it myself. The only question I have right now is the center console pieces. There is no foam material, I saw another guy just glue it to the old piece and placed it back. What do u think about that?
$100 bucks! the carpets looks even better. My wife was offended I asked for her help...LOL

holy sh_t it looking like god himself wax your car.

nice work, and the interior seats look amazing.

your car will prob be the nicest looking at NSXPO this year.

I dont think I am even gonna wash mine LOL

it would take months to bring a shine out of my paint.

great work Honcho. great work

It seems the steering wheel doesn't match the rest of the interior.. probably, an RSX wheel would look more flush here and you could probably use the same hub to mount it.

Your car has a mirror finish that looks amazing. Did you get the leak sorted out? I was the guy with the silver NSX that day at the Acura dealership.

Thanks! You saw it when it was dirty lol. Brandon, the master tech who did your clutch before my alignment, found the water leak- somehow the hose clamps on my two main coolant hoses had worked themselves loose and were peeing coolant on the floor. He got 4 full turns on the screws before they tightened. :eek: LarryB did my hoses in 2008, so I highly doubt he forgot to tighten them. Brandon guessed vibration over the past 4 years, or perhaps the rubber shrunk slightly? Probably important to note if you have screw-type hose clamps on your car (the OEM clamps can break/snap), check them every couple years!

The oil leak is still a bit of a mystery. My install of the SOS oil pressure sender stopped the 1-2 drops I was getting on my garage floor, but I still smell burning oil after a hard drive and I still see blue smoke coming out of the rear hatch vent after parking. It's really frustrating. I have replaced every seal that could cause this issue. Brandon at Acura guessed the cam plugs, but I cleaned them off last weekend and they are dry. My only thought is the valve covers. I replaced the gaskets during the refresh, but only torqued the cover bolts to exactly 7 ft/lbs per the manual. My suspiscion is the torque is too loose and oil is seeping out and onto my manifolds, thus causing the burning smell. I'm going to take a ratchet to them this weekend and "hand torque" them a bit tighter to see if that helps. Otherwise, I'm at a loss. :frown:

holy sh_t it looking like god himself wax your car.

nice work, and the interior seats look amazing.

your car will prob be the nicest looking at NSXPO this year.

I dont think I am even gonna wash mine LOL

it would take months to bring a shine out of my paint.

great work Honcho. great work

Thanks Shawn that means a lot coming from you. :) You can swing by my house for a quick detail if you want. I have a porter cable plus all the goodies. Berlina Black should shine! I doubt my car will be the nicest at XPO though...if Mitch is going his car will definitely win!

It seems the steering wheel doesn't match the rest of the interior.. probably, an RSX wheel would look more flush here and you could probably use the same hub to mount it.

Interesting. I guess you have a point as the red stiching does not match the rest of the car. Though, everyone who has seen it in person has specifically commented they love the wheel. I might do a custom Acura "A" horn button, but I'm keeping it. :D

Back