• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1991 Funny NSX RED

shawn110975

Suspended
Guys found this NSX on craigslist, then I contacted him to ask why it was 10K over KBB? this was his reply heres the car
http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/ctd/1577108105.html

1991 Acura NSX - $39995 Red/Tan 5-speed

me: Hello was wondering why this NSX was 10,000 over Kelly blue book? I got my NSX for 21,000 6 months ago Black on Black with 41,999 miles and its a 1992? just to let you know it will never sell at that price.,, if it were in mint condition maybe 26,000 ,, good luck

Alan: Hey get a life buddy
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

me: Thanks But Have fun driving it, cuz your gonna have it awhile if you havent already,, but word of advice lower price to 23-24K and it will sell the next day,, lots of people are looking for this car but you can get a 2005 for that price with less miles,, just tring to help you out since you have no-idea what that car is worth? its an Acura not a Toyota/lexus Junk, or Ford/American anything/Junk

Alan: I will sell it to you when you crash your car this weekend lol <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

here his number funny guy
(CALL ALAN (305)745-5637 or (305)746-5637

or did i deserve that??

<o:p></o:p>

I'd say no need to rub it in.....

He probably won't sell his car anytime soon.. But hey its his car.. he can list it for 1 million dollars if he wants.....

You should take his phone number down....

its just bad karma.....

Guys found this NSX on craigslist, then I contacted him to ask why it was 10K over KBB? this was his reply heres the car

me: Hello was wondering why this NSX was 10,000 over Kelly blue book? I got my NSX for 21,000 6 months ago Black on Black with 41,999 miles and its a 1992? just to let you know it will never sell at that price.,, if it were in mint condition maybe 26,000 ,, good luck

me: Thanks But Have fun driving it, cuz your gonna have it awhile if you havent already,, but word of advice lower price to 23-24K and it will sell the next day,, lots of people are looking for this car but you can get a 2005 for that price with less miles,, just tring to help you out since you have no-idea what that car is worth? its an Acura not a Toyota/lexus Junk, or Ford/American anything/Junk

Alan: I will sell it to you when you crash your car this weekend lol >>

(CALL ALAN (305)xxx-xxx or (305)xxx-xxxx

or did i deserve that??

>>

Honestly, what does it matter what someone else is asking for their car? If it is priced way too high then they will figure it out themselves when it doesn't sell.

I don't blame him for the response he gave you. You came off in your contact to him as antagonistic and know-it-all. I'd probably be hacked off a little too to receive an email like that one.

And then you come into the forums and post about it, leaving his phone number on a forum that has absolutely nothing to do with him. Well that also comes off as a little immature.

I'm sorry if you feel my post is out-of-line, but actions like this make NSX owners look bad in general.

Last edited:
[QUOTE lots of people are looking for this car but you can get a 2005 for that price with less miles,, [/QUOTE]

uuh no you can't!
show me an '05 NSX "with less miles" selling for 39k! what are you smoking?!!?!?

Also - who gives a CRAP what he is asking - it's his choice :rolleyes:

Alan: I will sell it to you when you crash your car this weekend lol <O:p></O:p>

(CALL ALAN (305)745-5637 or (305)746-5637

or did i deserve that??

<O:p></O:p>

The best part of that add is at the bottom *women certified professional* What the hell does that mean or have to do with the car? lol

I've done something like this in the past - but I was nicer. The response I was given was "thanks". Not a lot you can do to help a moron. But then I'm not sure about the prices you quote either Shawn - you must have bought yours with a lot of deffered maintenance. I think a nice 91 with all service up to date is worth more than 26k personally. But what do I know. I think we are in funny times and some just haven't caught on yet. At the price this red one is it may actually be worth that by the time the economy gets better and he'll most likely have a chance to find that out! LOL:biggrin:

I just hope EVERYONE puts those prices up again, remember, 2 years ago, I almost paid 34K on a 93 :eek:

I agree prices were a bit high, but now, they are a bit TOO LOW!!

Oscar

I just hope EVERYONE puts those prices up again, remember, 2 years ago, I almost paid 34K on a 93 :eek:

I agree prices were a bit high, but now, they are a bit TOO LOW!!

Oscar

Don't feel bad Oscar - that's what I have in mine just since July when I bought it! You probably got a good deal then! They gotta come up soon...ever hopeful!

Don't feel bad Oscar - that's what I have in mine just since July when I bought it! You probably got a good deal then! They gotta come up soon...ever hopeful!

I did, they wanted 47K originally on my 97, then 7 months later they accepted my offer .. but now, after the upgrades i did, I could almost just get a 02+ @ this point with this prices, CRAZY ... (although i love everything about 02+ the pop ups IMHO are the real deal)

oscar

I did, they wanted 47K originally on my 97, then 7 months later they accepted my offer .. but now, after the upgrades i did, I could almost just get a 02+ @ this point with this prices, CRAZY ... (although i love everything about 02+ the pop ups IMHO are the real deal)

oscar

I am with you on the pop ups.....some think it dates the car .....aaaayeah, and that's a good kind of dated in my book. I look at the same thing - what I could get now with the bucks I put in (6K+) but you know I would probably be saying that about any one of them I bought. The main reason folks sell these cars is so THEY don't have to do the maintenance! At least that seems to be the predominance of cases out there - would you agree?

Man I sure wish you had said something about 2 weeks ago about this gathering in Naples - I am about ready for some beach action and some warm weather now! I mean! I have cabin fever bad. But dude - it's not nearly as much fun driving around down there in the "flat" land as it is up in the mountains - you need to come up here this summer. We'll go do the "tail"! :wink:

[QUOTE lots of people are looking for this car but you can get a 2005 for that price with less miles,,

uuh no you can't!
show me an '05 NSX "with less miles" selling for 39k! what are you smoking?!!?!?

Also - who gives a CRAP what he is asking - it's his choice :rolleyes:

I would like to know this as well... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yeah it did come off as me being an ass/know it all,, I wasnt tring to do that, and yeah my pricing was way off but was tring to make a point,, the cars KBB was in mint condition 26K, but you guys are right If wanted to sell my car for a million,, if i found a buyer then yeaaaa!! and yes I was acting childish, I left his number that was dumb,, wasnt thinking,, sorry guys,, just wanted to share the story,,

We should all be happy when someone over prices their car. Perceived value can become reality if the car sells.

I would love to see prices increase again. The US economy has reduced the value of just about everything. People are getting rid of their toys and at a discount.

People are getting rid of their toys and at a discount.

That sucks for the seller, but can be good for the buyer. I remember looking at NSX prices a few years ago, and many were out of my price range. A few weeks ago, a friend told me he saw a '91 NSX for sale in Dallas for under $23k. I didn't believe him until he sent me the link.

The price drop has renewed my interest in getting one. I did some more digging around and checking prices, and many are now within my price range. So for me, the price drop is exciting and opens up more possibilities on what I can get.

I imagine once the economy recovers a bit more, the prices will go up again.

He's a used car dealer known as 'Dr. Credit'. Don't expect a used car dealer focusing on a demographic with poor credit to be offering stellar deals on cars, no matter what it is.

Yeah it did come off as me being an ass/know it all,, I wasnt tring to do that, and yeah my pricing was way off but was tring to make a point,, the cars KBB was in mint condition 26K, but you guys are right If wanted to sell my car for a million,, if i found a buyer then yeaaaa!! and yes I was acting childish, I left his number that was dumb,, wasnt thinking,, sorry guys,, just wanted to share the story,,

However, showing humility is a sign of maturity......now you've got me all confused!

That sucks for the seller, but can be good for the buyer. I remember looking at NSX prices a few years ago, and many were out of my price range. A few weeks ago, a friend told me he saw a '91 NSX for sale in Dallas for under $23k. I didn't believe him until he sent me the link.

The price drop has renewed my interest in getting one. I did some more digging around and checking prices, and many are now within my price range. So for me, the price drop is exciting and opens up more possibilities on what I can get.

I imagine once the economy recovers a bit more, the prices will go up again.

Keep an eye on the Prime For Sale Ads too. There are some gems to be found in there. Like THIS ONE, on the surface it looks to be a pretty good deal.

Keep an eye on the Prime For Sale Ads too. There are some gems to be found in there. Like THIS ONE, on the surface it looks to be a pretty good deal.

I've been keeping an eye on it since last week. I don't have the money on me at this moment to actually buy one, but I'm budgeting for it around summer or later. I'm one of those guys that likes to put a big, fat chunk down so I can finance for a shorter time and still have manageable payments.

The one you pointed out is nice; it's red which is what I want. The interior is black though. I'd prefer white. This one is my dream NSX. The colors (interior and exterior), the wheels, the stance, the exhaust. It apparently has a buyer though, or so the seller told me.

Back