• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1993 Silver Coupe in NEW ORLEANS, LA

Seems like this car has been on the market for some time now. Was talking to the current owner few months back but got side traked until now. I am wondering why this car is taking so long to sell and has anyone seen it in person and is willing to shed some info. Seems like a pleasant guy to talk to but didn't do anything I asked about the car. Any info will be helpful..

Randy

The three most common reasons that a car goes unsold for an extended period of time are:

1. Priced more than it's worth
2. Condition worse than advertised
3. Owner doesn't really want to sell (or acts like a jerk, which is sort of the same thing)

I have no knowledge of this specific car and I do not know whether any of these reasons apply to it or its owner.

I happen to have spoken with this owner about this car also.

The deal is this:

1) He bought the car a couple years ago and has put 25,000+ miles on since then. It now has over 90K.

2) 90K service HAS NOT been done. Can't remember about the clutch.

3) Car has several body defects. Small, but not desirable to me. Actually, he emailed me real detailed pics, and I'd say it was the main reason I shied away. Nothing major, but lots of little things. $2000 at a good shop.

4) As Ken said, he's not really eager to sell. He's basically holding out till beginning of summer of '04 to see if he can get what he paid for it 2 yrs. ago. He'll consider coming down at that time. I must say, I think he got a good deal 2 yrs ago, but now it's a different car.

I did make an offer and he passed on it, BTW.

I'm going to also maintain his privacy/respect by not spewing out what he told me he paid for it or what I offered for it. He's a VERY honest and nice guy, and I'm sure he'd tell you if you asked, but it's not for me to say here.

I will say that if you do the math, you're looking at an easy $4500 to make the car legit between body and services, and I thought he was asking about $1500 too much taking all that into consideration. Also, I am not local to New Orleans, so factor in transportation, and it just wasn't worth it for me.

But I did want silver REAL bad at the time.

Michael is his name, and he was nothing but honest and up front with me. He's pretty knowledgable about the NSX and cars in general, and we talked for about an hour.

I think in a few weeks, he might budge on it. But that's the story. Hope that helps.

NSXGMS said:
It now has over 90K.

2) 90K service HAS NOT been done.
Failing to change a timing belt and water pump after eleven years (five years past the manufacturer's recommendation) is a risk. Failing to do so when you've also exceeded the recommended miles is just plain stupid - that's just asking for trouble.

Back