• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1998 NSX COUPE (1 of 3 Kaiser Silver COUPES) on Ebay (JH4NA2135WT000072)

Re: 1998 NSX COUPE (1 of 3 Kaiser Silver COUPES) on Ebay (JH4NA2135WT000072).

Good find. Hopefully this wasn't one of the silver coupes that was in a rollover and had the roof repaired.

E-g-a-d-s!

FYI for anyone that may want to pick up something rare, there is a super rare Kaiser Silver / Onyx 1998 NSX (NON-TARGA TOP) on Ebay right now. I know nothing about the car, just that she is a rare bird.

VIN# JH4NA2135WT000072

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars....c0.m245&_trkparms=72:317|65:12|39:1|240:1318
Holy moley, I never knew such a NSX existed! That's literally my dream USDM NSX tri'fecta right there!?! :eek:

- coupe
- '97+ 3.2/6spd.
- Kaiser Silver Metallic

(literally scheduling an appt' w/ my financial planner as we speak... :redface:)

Good find. Hopefully this wasn't one of the silver coupes that was in a rollover and had the roof repaired.
Oh man, I don't even know about that one. Any specifics on that, boss? As in when/where, etc'? I'm gonna play w/ the 'search' & see what I can come up w/, as well as perhaps run a CarFax. I guess I'll see in the 'Prime-wiki what years & how many NA2 coupes in Kaiser Silver Metallic came 'State-side.

(I can barely catch my breath, :breath-man-breath:, lolz... :D)

Last edited:

I thought all roofs 97+ got painted ?
It's also 1 of only 19 manual coupes made between 97-05 ( not counting the 51 alex z's. )

Last edited:

I thought all roofs 97+ got painted ?
It's also 1 of only 19 manual coupes made between 97-05 ( not counting the 51 alex z's. )
No, only Zanardi and some of the green cars.

This car was at DF six months ago.

No, only Zanardi and some of the green cars.

This car was at DF six months ago.

Red NSX's too, because i have seen alot of 97 red X's with matching color roof's. ( obviously they can painted. though alot of the ones i saw were car for sale claiming to be all stock, not saying anything about having the roof painted).

It was an option on any NA2 coupe, No Charge at that, if you wanted the roof body colored or black.

If this is the car with the Comptech goodies, It had an off track encounter. Im cyber-blocked at work from Ebay, so I dont know what car this is.:frown:

It was an option on any NA2 coupe, No Charge at that, if you wanted the roof body colored or black.

If this is the car with the Comptech goodies, It had an off track encounter. Im cyber-blocked at work from Ebay, so I dont know what car this is.:frown:

Hey Mike, do you know if any one actually ordered the coupe or Honda simply built them and allocated these cars to the dealers?

Hey Mike, do you know if any one actually ordered the coupe or Honda simply built them and allocated these cars to the dealers?

All NSX's were order only cars, not allocated. For example, some dealer never wanted to acrue the floorplan interest or have a $75,000 car in stock and simply never ordered any. In 2002-2005 I would get alot of NSX's because other dealer's turned them down and we RDR's a lot of them, so they let us order a bunch. Before I started at Bridgewater Acura, the old sales manager had ordered like 10 at one time. There is a pic in front of the store with them all lined up. Greenwich Acura used to get a ton of NSX's. I think the average dealer was only allowed to order 2 a year.

To answer your question, if the dealer wanted to try to sell a coupe, he/she could have ordered one just the same as a targa. It was always fun to get to pick the color combo's, I always got a kick out of it.:redface:I'm sure Honda did build a few as magazine and promo cars and then sell them through Honda/Acura remarketing or just give them to select dealers. The Yellow NA2 coupe with the black roof was actually being serviced at Greenwich and when a customer approached them, would up eventually getting the car.

Last edited:

Not the same car. That car had aftermarket sideskirts and other parts on it.

i'll trade him my 2000.....:rolleyes:

dollars/sense...

How much would be the market-value for such considering the current economic climate & perhaps things to come; more importantly, how much would you pay for such?

For posterity's sake (in-case the linkie dies and/or the listing is removed)...

1998 NSX 6spd. coupe (Kaiser Silver Metallic / Onyx) w/ 35,465 miles
(VIN: JH4NA2135WT000072)

Buy-it-now: $47.5k

(19 Carfax "records" as-per the free-report)

"1998 Acura NSX. 6 Cylinder, 3.2L manual 6 speed, flawless condition, charcoal gray, only 34k miles, new tires, AC, anti-lock brakes, cruise control, CD changer, alarm system, power everything, garage kept, non-smoker, service records available upon request."

It's plausible that the 4yr / 60k & 7yr / 105k mile services may need to be done (ie. timing-belt/water-pump, hoses, fluids/filters, valve adjustment, etc').

Also, it should be noted though it's obvious that NA2 coupes are rather rare. A comparable '98 NSX-T 6spd. w/ ~36k miles would likely be listed @ $42.5k (+/- depending on maint'/service, wear-&-tear, title history, past accidents/collisions/paint-work, mods', etc').

{my mind is in a flux, lolz... :D}

Last edited:

I think I saw this car at NSXPO 05 in Phoenix, simply stunning. I'd love to add it to the collection but the price is too high for me:frown:

The price seems too high to me too, especially if it needs service, but given what the white '01 went for, it may not be too out of whack.

Hey this is my 1,000th post. Wish it was something more memorable.

How much would be the market-value for such considering the current economic climate & perhaps things to come; more importantly, how much would you pay for such?

For posterity's sake (in-case the linkie dies and/or the listing is removed)...

1997 NSX 6spd. coupe (Kaiser Silver Metallic / Onyx) w/ 35,465 miles
(VIN: JH4NA2135WT000072)

Buy-it-now: $47.5k

(19 Carfax "records" as-per the free-report)

"1998 Acura NSX. 6 Cylinder, 3.2L manual 6 speed, flawless condition, charcoal gray, only 34k miles, new tires, AC, anti-lock brakes, cruise control, CD changer, alarm system, power everything, garage kept, non-smoker, service records available upon request."

It's plausible that the 4yr / 60k & 7yr / 105k mile services may need to be done (ie. timing-belt/water-pump, hoses, fluids/filters, valve adjustment, etc').

Also, it should be noted though it's obvious that NA2 coupes are rather rare. A comparable '98 NSX-T 6spd. w/ ~36k miles would likely be listed @ $42.5k (+/- depending on maint'/service, wear-&-tear, title history, past accidents/collisions/paint-work, mods', etc').

{my mind is in a flux, lolz... :D}

I think I saw this car at NSXPO 05 in Phoenix, simply stunning. I'd love to add it to the collection but the price is too high for me:frown:

I think the asking price is very fair for this car if it indeed is flawless and has no accident/bodywork.
Offer $43k or $44k and there might be a chance that the dealer will just let it go given today's climate. This is really not a car that you can just buy when you wish, but something that comes along rarely.
Steve

Why does this come up now... couldn't he have waited a year or two :(that is my dream NSX right there, even the color is right.. hopefully one pops up next year if not a 94 is what I will have to go after.

Last edited:
Just a FYI the break in on the engine is 600 miles. :smile:

forgive me, i was thinking about street motors with aluminum block and aluminum heads. ie. the chevy LS1 motor takes about 5000 miles to break-in.

No sweat. I'm not upset. :biggrin:

Motor's are different from motor to motor, for break-in, street motors , to racing motors. I had the pleasure of owning a 2001, and 2002 camaro ss's the last two years they made them, and they started to come alive after 5000- 8000. ( i would say it made for a solid .2th's in the 1/4 mile run )

What are peoples thought on this be a collector, is this a better collector than a Zanardi?

I lean more to the Z but this is cheaper and more rare. It just doesn't have all the extra's and name the Z has.

Thoughts anyone?

What are peoples thought on this be a collector, is this a better collector than a Zanardi?

I lean more to the Z but this is cheaper and more rare. It just doesn't have all the extra's and name the Z has.

Thoughts anyone?

In my opinion the Zanardi will be sought after as it was the "only" North American special edition with numbers (special VIN and plaque). Being a Coupe made the Zanardi what it is - a performance machine. However, the performance guys and true NSX enthusiasts will also find the coupes to be sought after as they were in smaller numbers and special ordered.

If I had the cash I'd snap up this coupe in a heartbeat. You might also wait years before another "good quality no issues" Zanardi appears.

I just had this car checked out by Autowave. I was all ready to buy this car for $45k, but it turns out not to be what I expected.

I already knew that the timing belt hasn't been changed. What Autowave reported is this:

1. This car appeared to have been in a minor front-end collision. Frame rails are straight, but the radiator is very tight and appears to be pushed back a bit. Bumper gap is nearly non-existent, and there are some sand-marks on the bumper.
2. Climate control board is malfunctioning, fan only blows on high.
3. some of the cam seals are leaking.
4. One of the radiator hoses is cracked.
5. Rear brakes are worn and need replacing.
6. ABS needs flushing.

All told, they estimated about $6k of work in maintenance needs to be done. They said the car overall was about a 7.5/10.

I decided to pass on this car, so it is still available if someone really wants an NA2 coupe.

Back