• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hoping to get some info on this White NA2 JH4NA21612T000042

Re: Hoping to get some info on this White NA2

It's not a coupe.

It's a targa

No 2002+ coupes

It's not a coupe.

It's a targa

No 2002+ coupes

That's what I thought. Are the miles are kind of high?

It's not white on white. It's a Camel interior.

"will continue to appreciate in value..." Ah, ya right. :rolleyes:

There was a thread about this car not too long ago. I'd look for it, but all of these threads have the same title.

yeah its ivory, not camel

Looks white to me.....

Here's what the door sticker should say:

NSX_Int_code.jpg

Thanks Steve. Ahh I wish I could fast forward a few months, I'd be out of school and working a decent job and ready to go! I want this car.

This is a really rare color combo, I doubt over 4 or 5 of these in the country if that many. It is the same "white" interior that I've seen in a few black ones. It's not pure white but it's listed as ivory ,it sure isn't tan and NSX didn't make that many different colored interiors. Only ivory, black, tan and "silver" so called, yellow, oh and blue I think. Other than the special interior in the NSX R, which was red only in the seats. Great looking by the way. I'd love to have a real R or a real S. Anyway this one is really nice and you watch it will not meet reserve. Nothing is on ebay. If these cars were as hot as they should be, it would already be gone!

This car is over priced for the market and the miles are relatively high for someone asking this kind of premium. The guy really doesn't want to sell it. I wonder if it will even get a bid. Will someone tell me why an engineers car with 40k some odd miles needs a darned clutch and flywheel - he must not know how to drive the car. That's pitiful service out of a clutch and flywheel and maybe why he's selling.

It's nice but you watch it may not get a single bid with a start at 50k. I will be amazed if it sells in this auction.

Tim
Atlanta

Last edited:
Thanks for your thoughts Tim, I appreciate it. It's been for sale since early April on the little research I have done. If it can last another month I should be golden.

Beautiful car and in my neighborhood - amazing I've never seen it around!

Well owner does not seem in a hurry to sell so if you really want the car, here is a beauty!

2002+ white is RARE to begin with......:biggrin:

it is white/white based on the vin.

the car has been seen and listed here in the 02-05 white database...

here

other than that, there doesn't seem to be much information on the car...

don't think he gonna go lower on the price because emailed him and he said he doesn't have title in hand..... still owes money to the bank on this car.

One thing for sure, he's not answering my inquiry about whether the maintenance is up to date, i.e., the timing belt and water pump biggy which is due right now! Let me tell you anyone that gives this guy the money he's asking which is above excellent individual seller price should have without a doubt this service included. He's even high with the service included. He may be way out there in getting it paid off, he may need to sell it, who knows, he may not be able to do the service. I don't know but you can bet there is a story to tell here; there always is. It's the prospective buyers job to find out what the story is. This one is nice and a rare color, granted, but that doesn't make it worth way above market value. This car should be priced in the 40s and just because he doesn't think so, means nothing. This car has been on the market for over a week and there are no bids as in 0. What does that tell you - first of all it's on ebay, secondly nothing on ebay ever meets reserve since the economic down turn- nothing. You have to see what they actually sold for and if they've sold at all - not what the buy it now price is. It's easy to find.

Point is that there are all kinds of things going on out there with individuals selling cars. Many folks are caught by this economic situation - and this guy may be no exception. The bank still owns it, how long has he owned it. There are a lot of NSXs out there that are bought by guys that plan to drive them a couple of years, deffer any maintenance unless something happens and they have to do some, and then they pass it on. Feeling like, hey it's a Honda, doesn't need anything, "This car has been absolutely no trouble", you hear that all the time out of these guys. That translates into one thing - another car that has deffered maintenance and the guy is trying to get out, having had his fun, and pass the maintenance on to the next owner.

I have been way educated to that and have employed that same kind of logic myself. But these cars are all over the map in price- many have no idea what they are really worth, they just know what they paid for it- and probably too much. That's the education you have to get when looking at any car that is new to "you" the prospective buyer. Do your homework, don't let someone pass their maintenance on to you without consideration in price just because it's rare! That inflates the market unreasonably and why we are experiencing an adjustment in the market for all kinds of things, from cars to real estate. Everything is coming down and some are trying to get out passing the buck so to speak and asking prices that have no bearing on reality. This is one of those cars and owners - this white one. They guy hasn't even answered my email as to maintenance. He most likely won't - you'd have to call him.

I like the car, but it'll be there for a while at that price. Look around there are others out there that are much better deals and more reflective of the true value and economic times. This guy is living in a fool's paradise.

He'll find out real quick when his car doesn't even get a bid what's happnin now. Watch and see. It'll be interesting - I'll say this, if he hadn't set a bid opener of 50k, you'd see what folks really thought his car was worth OR what the market is willing to pay. It's a cruel hard world out there right now for sellers.

Tim
Atlanta
In search of....

Tim.....Some sellers are not interested in dealing with difficult buyers. Lot's of mind reading on this site.

I thought coupes were available by special order:confused:

Not in the US, but in Europe/Japan it was. There is a Prime member in the UK with an Imola.

The timing belt has not been done. It did have the rear bumper repainted as well. The seller is not....open to any offers I'd say. I was going to have a friend take a look at it for me, but the seller wasn't really up to showing it unless money was in hand.

:rolleyes:

Well I agree with your point about some sellers not wanting to deal with difficult buyers - heck they also don't want to explain themselves and you know that's their perogitive.

There is a lot of mind reading and people reading necessary to buying a car or selling one. Those that don't want to explain their position or why the cost of their car is so high even though the rear bumper has been painted - so now it's no longer original pait and obviously if it was the rear bumper it had some kind of bump. No biggy to some but to the purist - anything but factory paint is bad. I don't happen to be a purist in that sense.

But point is- that this guy is offering the car at over top dollar price and hasn't gotten his service up to date - has he? So it is deffered maintenance as I thought. So maybe I'm a pretty good mindreader- I've been doing this for a while.

I still say, the guy has a nice one, rare one, but over the high end and there is service deffered right in the nick of time to sell it at over top dollar because of the paint/interior color combo, or maybe he just paid a lot for it from a dealer - who knows, but anyone buying this at his asking price is payin over top dollar. That's my little opinion and not willing to negotiate at all - fine he may well continue to be an owner with that perspective. That's all I'm saying. A person can try and get anything he wants for his car and more power to him.

Tim
Atlanta

Back