• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hoping to get some info on this White NA2 JH4NA21612T000042

Tim.....Some sellers are not interested in dealing with difficult buyers. Lot's of mind reading on this site.

Then best of luck to him selling that car.

I don't think asking certain questions about maintenance is over the top.

Guys isn't it kinda obvious by now.....the seller does not need to sell or at least in no hurry. We can talk about this car til we're blue in the face but not everyone has time to waste showing the car to every tire kicker.

When I was selling my modded m3 - I would average a dozen calls per week asking me everything from meeting them at their parents house so they can show it to their parents (they don't have a license yet) to people wanting to trade their 76 Corolla plus cash and a vintage guitar for my car. My point is that for every one "serious" buyer that actually has money, you got 20+ that are there to just check out the car, joy ride, ask to part out, let them hear the exhaust, etc etc you get the idea. My gues is he's sick of answering questions about this and that when the person has no intention of paying his price. The first question I asked buyers about my m3 was are you ok with my asking price? If not please let's not waste time with the rest.....

I'm not saying he's doing the right thing or price is fair as I have no affiliation with this seller but if you a want to buy the car, then you have to deal with him under his terms. Otherwise just move on....

I was trying to buy an Imola NSX last month but the owner just didn't want to deal and so I just walked. (I had a cashier's check ready to go within 2k of his asking price but he didn't want to negotiate so I said byebye)

Rick

I would say Rick is right on point with his summation. If you want this car you gotta deal with the guy. Question is to anyone looking at this car - do you want to deal with him on his terms? If you don't you gotta walk or wait him out. Kind of like the guy in a castle when circled up by adversaries - eventually he'll run out of food and water; likewise, if he wants to sell and nobody will buy at his price he'll eventually have to come down on the price. It may take him a long time, heck he may never come down. Problem is he's got a really rare car and most likely knows it, also he's had to replace the clutch and that cost him, maybe that's a factor.

I'm wondering why anyone at 46k miles needed to replace the clutch and the flywheel??? Who was driving this thing? Someone that doesn't know too much about clutches I'd say. MHO, so walk or pay. I'm walking, even though like some here I'd love to have it. I'm just not willing to pay an exhorbetant price for the priviledge.

Onward,
Tim

White/white is a sick combo. If this was available when I was looking last year, I would definitely be into it. However, I was looking for much lower mileage. Of course 46k is not alot for an NSX, but for this price I would expect 10-12k miles.

I saw that last night. The price keeps falling...:rolleyes:

I was about to say offer maybe 50,000 but it just made it there lol because of how rare this car is there was only 9 of them made I begin to wonder if you should wait longer and see if it drops again

the ad needs some more info on the maintenance that has been done b/c everyone is going to ask for it, and not to mention, remove all the html tags

Hey Guys,

I actually contacted this guy myself about purchasing and was almost ready to really pursue it. For my budget - it's just out of reach. I'm now looking at earlier models.

So what did I find out; well, I talked with him several times and exchanged many emails. He will answer. I told him about the timing belt and water pump service. He's done one thing - replaced the clutch and flywheel - a real big service to be sure - 4000 bucks! Another reason I'm moving to earlier ones without the dual mass flywheel for just this reason.

This car was owned by a rich oriental restaurant owner. It was owned by that guy for most of it's life. This guy that owns it now hasn't had it too long and says he wants to go back to med school and that's his reason for selling. "Never too late" he said.

So in discussions when I mentioned the service for the TB/WP and belts he said that was fair and understood. He lowered it some based on that but not much. He has had no offers - it's the miles - 47k- that's a lot for a 2002 and why it's not selling, imo. Now he's getting serious with the price and obviously in need of selling as fall approaches and med school awaits possibly?"?? Who knows but he's definitely motivated.

I had a friend in San Fran that was going to drive down and look at the car but I backed out and called it off. I had it arranged with the owner. My thoughts are this. Offer him 48k and hold firm. Tell him if he wants it, you are waiting to give it to him. See how long it takes him to think it over at this point. He's had the same "firm" price add all along - just keeps changing the numbers.

It's rare, but it's high miles for a 2002. I'm not sure why it's not getting some activity but it's the way he's set it up on Ebay. He had a buy it now price and a very high start bid price - that is sure to discourage most and all dealers for sure. That's why there is no activity as well.

Like I say, he's motivated, I actually offered him 48k but he was still full of the car so to speak and not ready to be realistic. He may reconsider now. Offer him 48k and see how long it takes him to call you on it. I bet that's the magic number - he won't like it, but then nobody has any money right now and no one but the low ballers are out there but just a few. Folks right now - buyers that is, are waiting for the right one, handing out low ball offers cause they know that times are still really hard out there and most need to sell. There are more NSXs out there than there have ever been. Some are selling, but not getting the prices they seek unless they have very special completely up to date service wise and low mile pristine models - how many of those have you seen that there aren't just crazy high prices on - how bout almost none or none. The really low milers are being held out for the high bucks by dealers cause they are the only ones, except an automatic or two, that have them. I know I've been scouring the ads.

So if anyone wants this white/white with a new clutch and flywheel for 48k bet you'll get it! See if I'm not right. If this is the "one" you want I'd get serious and get that offer out there cause he is ready! I wouldn't waste much time if I were really after it.

Keep us posted! We'll all be curious.

Tim
Atlanta

Let's do a price analysis. Good luck selling it at $50k. At that price, regardless if he needs to sell it or not, it will not move. Other than being a 2002+ white, the car is not so special that would pull that kind of price. If it had a black interior, it might still attract a few diehard NSX freaks to look at it and have a few sleepless nights to ponder if they want to come up with that $50k given that mileage and history. $50k is not loose change by any means and certainly can buy many, many nice used car out there.
My 2001 white/camel Coupe had 7600 miles last year and was only able to pull $46k as the highest offer within a month that was on eBay. It was listed at $60k. That was even before the stock market crash and there was simply no taker for the car. The NSX community saw the car plus a few thousand views on that car. It eventually was sold for $56k but it was a huge leap from the next offer of $46k. I spent another $2000 to ship and on a few small items. So total was $58k for my car. Now, with the stock market crash and the slow recovery, you do the math. After 4 NSXs, I will not buy anymore. Really there are not any NSX in this country that I would spend more than $60k for when some higher mileage Ferrari 360 can be had for mid $60k.
Sure, the NSX is a great car but it was a yester-decade supercar that is not going to attract a lot of cash among other viable options.
Steve

just to kill the COUPE part, its got the targa cover above the engine bay, so this would pretty much close the book on the coupe idea.

It is definitely a targa - in case anyone really wants to know. This guy spent a bunch on it and is trying to get out from under. He knows not what he has or what it's worth. But the guy that mentioned that a car did nothing for a month but 46 and then turns around and said he bought it for 56 or so, what was the point of your post - you said it wouldn't sell and then you say you spent more - I don't get it. Sounds like to me if someone really wanted it it would be worth 8k less than the one you bought? Right or no?

It is definitely a targa - in case anyone really wants to know. This guy spent a bunch on it and is trying to get out from under. He knows not what he has or what it's worth. But the guy that mentioned that a car did nothing for a month but 46 and then turns around and said he bought it for 56 or so, what was the point of your post - you said it wouldn't sell and then you say you spent more - I don't get it. Sounds like to me if someone really wanted it it would be worth 8k less than the one you bought? Right or no?

Tim,
I have a hard time understanding your post. Are you referring to my post and my car or the other one?
Steve

Hey Steve,

Yes I guess I meant your post sorry if it didn't make much sense but I wasn't sure I understood what you were saying. In one breath you said it wasn't worth 50k but in the other you said you bought yours for more and it was the same year just a whole lot less miles which obviously makes your so much nicer. I just thought that 8k over what this guy is asking wasn't so bad. That's all I meant. No disrespect intended. Hope I didn't come off like a nut. Sorry if I did.

I really think this white one is nice and I wish I wouldn't mind spending maybe 48 to get it although I'm assuming that you could eventually get it for 48k. I believe that would be a great price for a one of 8 manual tranny white on white.

You may not agree?

Tim
Atlanta
by the way I'm flying out to see one this coming weekend and I'm getting pumped up about it. I believe I may be a new owner Sat. Yipeeeee! After all this talking looks like I may finally get to join in on all the fun! Stay tuned.

Hey Steve,

Yes I guess I meant your post sorry if it didn't make much sense but I wasn't sure I understood what you were saying. In one breath you said it wasn't worth 50k but in the other you said you bought yours for more and it was the same year just a whole lot less miles which obviously makes your so much nicer. I just thought that 8k over what this guy is asking wasn't so bad. That's all I meant. No disrespect intended. Hope I didn't come off like a nut. Sorry if I did.

I really think this white one is nice and I wish I wouldn't mind spending maybe 48 to get it although I'm assuming that you could eventually get it for 48k. I believe that would be a great price for a one of 8 manual tranny white on white.

You may not agree?

Tim
Atlanta
by the way I'm flying out to see one this coming weekend and I'm getting pumped up about it. I believe I may be a new owner Sat. Yipeeeee! After all this talking looks like I may finally get to join in on all the fun! Stay tuned.

Tim,
When I bought my car, the dealer listed the car for a month but no one was bidding above 46k. I did not know at the time since the dealer told me that he turned down something like $53k. When I won the car at $56, as a buyer, I was able to look at the offer log after the auction closed. The highest offer was only $46k, not the $53k that the dealer claimed. In hind sight, I may have been able to get the car at $50k if I were not so desperate to get this car at all cost. I just did not want to take any chances. This was before the stock market crash. So fast forward to present. With over average mileage and an interior color that may only appeal to a minority of potential buyers, I seriously doubt that there will be a taker at $50k unless that particular buyer is looking for an exact car and nothing else. There are Ferrari 360 that are sold at high 60's with 25k miles nowadays. I might be wrong though but I would not pay $50k for it even though I am a white freak.
Steve

Last edited:
Hey Steve,

You may not agree?

Tim
Atlanta

There were very few NA2 coupes sold in the US. WhiteNSX's coupe is 1 of 5 white NA2 coupes, and 1 of 19 6-speed coupes produced from 1997-2001 (aside from, of course, the Zanardis).

I'm sure the rarity of NA2 coupes on the market prompted WhiteNSX to overbid. I'm sure that if this white NSX was for sale a couple years ago, it'd be long gone at it's original asking price.

Guys,
I can surely understand why Steve wanted that white coupe and didn't want to risk loosing it!!!! If I had the cash I'd be looking for a rare one like that too, but then they arn't out there.

This white on white is just a rare color combo and it's a nice one. But it most likely will not sell for 50k. I told him that a long time ago. I offered the guy 48k for it and he wouldn't take it - I bet he'll live to regret that, but you know what - he did me a favor. I didn't need to spend that kind of cash on a toy. I'm going after one that is way more in my price range. I'll be talking about that after next weekend.

Anyway, it's all good and I'm a white kind of a guy too, but sebring silver ain't bad either.

I just got the big hardbound copy about the NSX - I was scanning it this morning. What a great book - now if I could only figure out how to get the interior in a 19 year old car to look like that!!!!! I'll be trying I assure you. Awesome pictures.

Pumped to the max,
Tim

I agree with all of you,great points but........do not compare with the Ferrari!!
Try getting the Ferrari serviced vs the N.S.X,it is much cheaper to own the N.S.X and much more reliable!!
I would love that white on white, but not at that price!!
That car will not move unless it gets in the 45,000 range with all the scheduled maintenance included,i know it is a rare combo but......the economy dictates price at this moment!!
Take care,Raico.

If anyone is considering this vehicle.
Please send me a pm and I will give you all the information I have and my experience.
I flew to San Jose, Ca. from Atlanta, Ga. on August 13th to buy this car.
I flew back very very disappointed in the car and no nsx. I will not discuss on the forum about the car but if you are interested in purchasing I will pm you about it and the inspection from Foreign Affairs Service shop in San Jose.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123103

Thank you.

Please send me a pm and I will give you all the information I have and my experience.
I flew back very very disappointed in the car and no nsx. I will not discuss on the forum about the car but if you are interested in purchasing I will pm you about it and the inspection from Foreign Affairs Service shop in San Jose.

Interesting...price has now dropped to $45k for a quick sale...

I paid $50k for my '03 with 29k miles. $45k seems more in line with what I'd pay for an '02 with 45k miles if I REALLY wanted white...

Again, I don't go crazy over white cars, but for someone who does, it's probably more in range with a reasonable deal... Definitely rare... pretty cool car.

I paid $50k for my '03 with 29k miles. $45k seems more in line with what I'd pay for an '02 with 45k miles if I REALLY wanted white...

Again, I don't go crazy over white cars, but for someone who does, it's probably more in range with a reasonable deal... Definitely rare... pretty cool car.

I guess it would depend on what won't be discussed below :confused:

Back