• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1999 Blue JH4NA2160XT000184

Re: color mismatch r us

sportscars4less.com said:
while we're talking about "color mismatch" let's show a picture from John Defino's website...
Ouch! That Porsche 911 looks horrible with that terrible mismatched paint.

KGP, he is correct the 996TT pictured has two different colors of the Grey. The spoilers were painted a shade darker. But, it was done intentionally.
As it has been pointed out. That 996TT is one of the nicest examples out there. It is simply just that nice.
Len

The current Ebay ad (link is in mattfish's reply, above) is just too cool.

1. It says "no paint work" (in the overview, near the bottom).

2. It includes text referring to another car: "We are proud to offer this 2001 Sable FREE of any accidents..."

3. To help convince you the seller is a Good Guy, it has a family photo (with cat).

Satisfied customers?? Come on

Customer Testimonials - from ebay add

Man I feel sorry for those suckers that wrote those in, and as well as satisfied customers come on... There a used car dealer.
Plus they shouldn't be posting some one's child on the internet without perential acknowledgement. Who does this guy think he is any way? You did the right thing and backed out. I dont blame you.

LGNSX

I can't believe that 14 bids have been placed on this vehicle! Well I guess if you only trust what is written in the ad, it sounds like a great deal. Can we alert Ebay?

Maybe we should

Hello,

Honestly, I think someone should alert E-Bay about this car. To tell you the truth I was going to write them (and tell other people) however, I was a little worried about how liable I am. I can't afford to have someone's lawyer calling me regarding why their client can't sell a car, and wanting to take me to court over something like "deformation of character". Now really, if they tried to take me to court I believe they would lose. I have to much proof, over 100 photos and numerous correspondence from this site and E-Bay which would no doubt lead to fraud. It's just do I really want to go through with that kind of a hassle?

If you guys recall in one of my first posts I said, "I expected the salesman to be a little upset" I really knew he would be, and I wasn't happy about making someone angry. I didn't want to screw him over, I even tried not to mention his name in the post. On the other hand, I felt writing about my experience was the right thing to do. I would have felt even worse if someone from "Prime" ended up with the car, especially after all the positive, and helpful information I have taken this site.

What is interesting is that Shawn (I will use names now) wrote back and tried to slam me for being honest (and makes an ass out of himself in the process) half the stuff he said wasn't true and the other half doesn't even pertain to the topic at hand. Now, if you notice he did off-load the car. He must have wholesaled it, because the seller lists himself as such. I am happy for Shawn, my intensions were never to "hurt" him. I am glad to see he moved the car. What's unfortunate is the fact that now someone else is misrepresenting it!!! So yes, maybe the time has come for this to get reported to E-Bay.

If anyone has any suggestions on the correct way to do this please write back. If we go ahead and do it I want to make sure it follows the correct steps and gets to the right people at E-Bay.

Regards,

John DeFini

I smell an unethical dealer..........enough of the BS and quit your lying! Sorry, but I don't like car sales people, especially the used car dealers. They are experts at playing mind games and the use of dirty tactics.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2419884060&category=5337

After reading the ad on ebay, it almost made me sick. Did you guys noticed the BS?

1. The following are actual emails received from some of my MANY satisfied customers. *** Are these actual real life "customers" ? A background check will probably reveal otherwise........

2. 1 OWNER, BELOW WHOLESALE CERTIFIED, WARRANTY <--------?
· 33700 Miles · 2 doors
· Manual Transmission · Beige/Tan Interior
· 6 - Cyl. · No Warranty <--------------???
· JH4NA2160XT000184
***Make up your mind, warranty or no warranty.***

3. WHY BUY FROM US? BECAUSE WE'RE NICE AND WE CARE.
Good one buddy. very funny and entertaining.....I'm selling a bridge in SF, interested?

4. We are proud to offer this 2001 Sable FREE of any accidents, verified as a 1 OWNER, true mileage no frame damage.
***I thought it was a NSX.....???*** Now it's a Sable? Selling you a car in disguise?

5. Deposit due at purchase US $5,000.00
***Note*** Looks like they raised the deposit amount from $500 to $5000. I feel sorry for whoever this unlucky person is that gets the winning bid. He/She will be out $5000 if they decide to back out of this deal. Only goes to show how low and unethical this dealership is.

"It is very refreshing to see a man with honor and integrity in this day and time." LoL

Sure was a good laugh.......

Glad you didn't buy that "certified" car.

Last edited:
Re: Maybe we should

jadkar said:
wanting to take me to court over something like "deformation of character".

I think you mean defamation of character, not deformation. Although if your words have him tied up in knots, he could get deformed, so maybe it's deformation after all... :D

I don't think it's sold yet !?

noone should buy it anyway......what a way of doing business is this ? ....even though we do have them in europ as well
they are everywhere....; so be careful ...

yezzzzzzzzzzzz

:rolleyes:

Back