• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1st Annual NSX Shootout in Las Vegas!

My, you have a lot of angst don't you? What are you so upset about? Here we have a vendor looking into the possibility of graciously hosting an event that a lot of us would like to attend and you're griping? Don't forget that they are under no obligation to do any of this for us. And if you happen to know anything about them, you'll know that they are extremely busy with their shop pipeline and satisfying the demands of their regular and race clients. That is how they make money you know, they're not in the event management business. So it may take a little bit longer to decide what will be included and to arrange the dates, accomodations, and the such. Have a lil patience. You'll be less likely to have a heart attack before actually getting to see an FI shootout. :D

Re: Bet it doesn't happen

blackcat said:
All this talk forever and not a step in any direction. If there is a leader of this event he better step up and address who/what/when/why or lose all credibility. Needless to say I do not have a whole lot of confidence in several matters.
Either put up or shut up.

It's just an observation from being around here since Day -1, but I've noticed that the people on the lists/in the Forum & the NSXCA that do the least, make the most noise. :rolleyes:

What have you contributed lately besides exhaust fumes? :D

Have you ever put on an event?

Instead of whining and complaining about this not happening on your time table - try doing it yourself.

JMO - YOWV

Not complaining...wait, yes I am.

I think the problem is that Factor X offered to host an event. There was huge support for the event on the board and now 4-5 months later we still cannot get a date or a response from them. If they do not want to host this event now for whatever reason, then they should tell us. Somebody else may then step up on the planning of FI shootout. Not me though.:D

So Factor X let us know one way or the other. Thank you.

Thats funny

"What have you contributed lately besides exhaust fumes? "

I was just merely stating a fact that Factor X offered to host a event and like Turbo NSX states they leave the entire NSX community hanging with when this event will take place??? As far as contribution I can say unlike other members I have not duped, swindled or conned people out of anything. It is a wonder that with all of the complaints against certain companies that this company does not address them. Well go hide in your hole like most rats do.

"It's just an observation from being around here since Day -1, but I've noticed that the people on the lists/in the Forum & the NSXCA that do the least, make the most noise. "

Hell been there since '52 huh... Back when wheels were square huh, I have noticed that people with the attitude that they are superior to others for being around so long certainly are the most closed minded and ignorant.

*disclaimer* I'm not planning on going, since the entire month of april is out of the question.

If, for whatever reason, FX is too busy or changed their minds or went out of business or just got dumped by the girlfriend or whatever... is not going to host this part, why not just have someone reserve a day at a dyno shop, make a restaurant reservation, and make one or two calls to local tracks if that is so desired? seems simple to me...there's enuf interest... why play this up as some huge event?

BTW, if the time is changed to may i might be able to make it.

peiserg said:
*disclaimer* I'm not planning on going, since the entire month of april is out of the question.

If, for whatever reason, FX is too busy or changed their minds or went out of business or just got dumped by the girlfriend or whatever... is not going to host this part, why not just have someone reserve a day at a dyno shop, make a restaurant reservation, and make one or two calls to local tracks if that is so desired? seems simple to me...there's enuf interest... why play this up as some huge event?

BTW, if the time is changed to may i might be able to make it.

Well, a couple of things. If you've paid attention to their posts, you'll notice that they only post to the forum every so often. They aren't always waiting for the next post so that they can respond. My guess is that when they get around to checking the forums again, they'll have something to say.

The other thing is that I believe the idea was to put on a large event and to actually put some effort and time into the organization so that it is a professional event and one that could possibly be duplicated in the future. I don't believe their intent with this particular event is to organize an informal hangout session.

Factor X Motorsports said:
Sorry everybody, no real update on the Shootout as of yet. We are still trying to hammer out race schedules with our clients for this season. Here are the proposed dates so far.

Thanks for the schedule Payn, now all we have to do is coordinate it with SCORE, MDR, SNORE, NHRA, MM, and the shooting of a reality racing show. Other than that though we are free:)

We apologize for the delay on the date for the 1st Annual NSX Shootout in Las Vegas. As we had previously mentioned in the thread, we have hammered down four possible dates. Our schedule has been impacted and it has been difficult to commit the amount of time required to organize the event to the level we envisioned. There are several board members that have shipped their NSX/Noble/Cobra from various parts of the country to have us complete their desired modifications in a timely manner. It would be a violation of our corporate policies if we were to push them aside.

That being said, we have selected the date of 6.04.04 for the 1st Annual NSX Shootout in Las Vegas. Our goal for the event is to keep the budget for all participants at under $90. The $90 will include your track day, commemorative T-Shirt, and Dinner on Sat Night. Dynapack pulls we be done on a first come first serve basis with a sign up sheet at no cost. With that goal in mind and the current available resources the schedule will look like this:

Dyno Days (Fri-Sat) We will possibly have two dyno days depending upon the amount of owners wishing to have their NSX rated.

¼ Racing at the LVMS (Fri Night) For those interested we will have the track available to us from 7pm-2am on Friday Night.

Scenic cruises (Sat Afternoon-Night) A group cruise through Red Rock Canyon followed by a night cruise down the Las Vegas Strip.

Group Dinner and Festivities (Sat Night) The two options we are considering for dinner are Spago and Nine Steakhouse at the Palms.

Room blocks will be available depending upon the number of individuals that sign up. This is a completely open event so everyone is welcome to bring family and friends to join in on the fun. If anyone is interested in participating in the exciting event in the Sin City please email us at [email protected] and we will start a list to see where we are for the room rates.

Our goal for the event is to keep the budget for all participants at under $90. The $90 will include your track day, commemorative T-Shirt, and Dinner on Sat Night. Dynapack pulls we be done on a first come first serve basis with a sign up sheet at no cost.
EXCELLENT!!! $90 includes a day at the track PLUS all the other stuff?!!! I am so there!!!!! :) Sign me up as one who is going!!

I am there, Can I hang out with you Fury?
I am actually there for some work that weekend, well at least in Bullhead Arizona...

Hopefully some of the angry voices will be quited and everyone can now focus on anticipating a good time!

BTW, $90 is an unreal price for everything that is included.

len3.8 said:
I am there, Can I hang out with you Fury?
I am actually there for some work that weekend, well at least in Bullhead Arizona...
Len,

Good to hear you'll be out there in the area that weekend!!! I'm looking forward to it!!

-Randy

FuryNSX said:
Len,

Good to hear you'll be out there in the area that weekend!!! I'm looking forward to it!!

-Randy

That's cool Randy, Just remember everyone.
"What Happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas";)

For those interested in attending the event, could you also please send your real name, nsxprime screen name, year nsx, modifications, and phone number? We are compiling a database for the event. The faster people sign up the sooner we will know about the rooms and dinner. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask or send an email to [email protected]

Any sort of fee for observing? I have no NSX yet, but after finding out a '91 X is only 18 dollors more a month to insure then my '97 prelude and $45 cheaper then an s2000, Its a serious possibility :)

Last edited:
ItsBettrThatWay said:
Any sort of fee for observing?
I'd like to know as well. I'll probably take my NSX, but I don't plan on participating in the actual shoot-out. Thanks.

ItsBettrThatWay said:
Any sort of fee for observing? I have no NSX yet, but after finding out a '91 X is only 18 dollors more a month to insure then my '97 prelude and $45 cheaper then an s2000, Its a serious possibility :)

There will be no fee for observing other than to get into the track as a spectator. This will be the perfect opportunity for you to see what the NSX has to offer. If you want to visit our facility please let us know and we can take you for a ride and give you some info on the NSX. We have about 7 here now in various stages along with a few other goodies.

PHOEN$X said:
I'd like to know as well. I'll probably take my NSX, but I don't plan on participating in the actual shoot-out. Thanks.

As previously mentioned there will be no fee for observing. However, if you want to attend dinner, the race, and receive the souvenirs you will be required to pay a modified fee.

However, if you want to attend dinner, the race, and receive the souvenirs you will be required to pay a modified fee.
Please put me down as interested, and let me know what the modified fee is. Thank you. :)

There will be no fee for observing other than to get into the track as a spectator. This will be the perfect opportunity for you to see what the NSX has to offer. If you want to visit our facility please let us know and we can take you for a ride and give you some info on the NSX. We have about 7 here now in various stages along with a few other goodies.

That is a most excelent offer! Although Im still at least a year+ away from purchasing one, I would kill for a ride in one just to catch the bug(That I've already had since 1991, even though I was only 10! ) :p Ill definatly be there observing!

Back