• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1st Annual NSX Shootout in Las Vegas!

For those sending pre registration e-mails, please include the number of guests attending and the number of rooms needed. Just to clarify we will not be booking the rooms, we will be providing “room blocks” for the participants. If anyone has any further questions feel free to call. The list is growing:)

No Track Time? I would like to go, but it is a long haul with a trailer to put the car on a dyno (ie. can't drive it on the street). Thanks guys for putting in the effort to set this event up, but I will have to pass without track time. Darn...I was looking forward to passing Turbo NSX on the track.

Wow!

Boy a lot of interest and I have been following this post/thread for some time now. I still don't see a date that this event will take place. Please be so kind as to let me know when all the jostling for postion is done and a date is set as I would liek to attend.

AATA said:
No Track Time? I would like to go, but it is a long haul with a trailer to put the car on a dyno (ie. can't drive it on the street). Thanks guys for putting in the effort to set this event up, but I will have to pass without track time. Darn...I was looking forward to passing Turbo NSX on the track.

Don't tease me, you got to show up, But don't hold your breath on passing me......Well I could always run out of gas....where are you located. I thought you were in SD.:D

Turbo NSX said:
Don't tease me, you got to show up, But don't hold your breath on passing me......Well I could always run out of gas....where are you located. I thought you were in SD.:D

That was my whole point on my last post. There is no track time! Neither one of us will be passing anyone if we can't drive on the track and I could hold my breath because it would be that fast.:) I'm in LA, the cars in SD, but we trailer it everywhere. Have you ever driven on the Derek Daly Track outside of Las Vegas Motor Speedway? If so what were some of your times? What are some of your times on other tracks? We will be at Willowsprings this weekend running with the Stalions and Panteras if you can make it. Should be a good weekend!

Guys guys, you're being too picky and missing the point here! :) There are plenty of track events to attend as it is. There's no need for one at this event! On the other hand, no NSX event ever offers 1/4 mile drag racing. That's where this event is going to fill a niche. Afterall, this isn't a mini-NSXPO, though from the number of ppl I hear are planning on attending, it might just qualify!

Darkcyd said:
Guys guys, you're being too picky and missing the point here! :) There are plenty of track events to attend as it is. There's no need for one at this event! On the other hand, no NSX event ever offers 1/4 mile drag racing. That's where this event is going to fill a niche. Afterall, this isn't a mini-NSXPO, though from the number of ppl I hear are planning on attending, it might just qualify!

We/I am only stating that it is to long of a haul to put the car on a dyno. IMO drag racing is boring and not worth the drive and the cost it would take to get our car out there! Maybe you do, but I don't get an adrenaline rush or a thrill driving in a straight line (Unless it was in a Top Fuel or Funny car). Going in a straight line is where I rest my hands and check all the gauges over real good. This is obviously just my opinion. My other opinion is that the car was made for the track and that is where it should be proven/tested!

AATA said:
We/I am only stating that it is to long of a haul to put the car on a dyno. IMO drag racing is boring and not worth the drive and the cost it would take to get our car out there! Maybe you do, but I don't get an adrenaline rush or a thrill driving in a straight line (Unless it was in a Top Fuel or Funny car). Going in a straight line is where I rest my hands and check all the gauges over real good. This is obviously just my opinion. My other opinion is that the car was made for the track and that is where it should be proven/tested!

I hear ya AATA, I don't plan on drag racing mine at all. I do plan on taking it on some tracks here and there. I haven't been on a Track in Cali in awhile, not at all with a NSX, But after I am all broken in and familiar with the car, I plan on hitting the tracks.
Having family in California, I plan on having my car there. I will be in California in August, What events are happening in Southern California at that time? The car should be out there as well.
I would love to run with some other NSX's.

I imagine there are some events at that time, but most of the tracks are in areas that get real hot (ie: middle of no where). We usually take a break from the track after around April/May. We aren't running OTC this year, which is usually our last event before the summer. Your right it is always nice to run with other NSX's. Someday we will probably meet.

Back