• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1st experience wit SOS

I am gathering all the components to do a major service on my 95 with 45,000miles, tbelt, tensioner, water pump, all gaskets, coolant, clutch & brake fluid all the stuff that should be done on a time (not mileage) basis. Being in Canada it is not always convenient to order from the US due to shipping delays and sometimes high costs for UPS fees etc plus I will only use OEM Honda parts on the car.

I looked long and hard at my coolant hoses, squeezed and poked and thought I would not replace them as they looked and felt great. I asked Wil (Angus) what he thought and he advised to replace them all as he had seen failures with expensive results.

I priced all the parts at the closest Acura Dealer using the list from Science of Speed as a reference as to what I needed. With a good guy discount the price came to about $900.00CDN for the 17 hoses. I then contacted Bryan @ Science of Speed about the kit they offer for $347US. He advised that it was out of stock but that he could have one shipped in less than a week if I wanted. I placed the order and paid for expedited shipping bringing the total to $423US, about $435CDN.

The parts were in my hand in a week even with a long weekend (Canadian Thanksgiving) in the middle. Of course I was expecting aftermarket hoses so imagine my surprise when I opened the box to find all OEM Honda hoses still in their sealed bags with part numbers attached.

In summary, 1/2 the cost delivered to my door, OEM parts, good communication, shipped as promised, a big thanks to Bryan at SOS where I will surely do business again.

Peter

Before someone notices, of course there were 23 hoses in the SOS kit not 17.

Peter

Back