• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1st Place in Class 4 hours of Sebring!

Just wanted to let all of my fellow NSX'ers know that at last weekends final HSR race of the year at Sebring my 1992 NSX won first in class in the four hour enduro on Sunday! Other cars in my class include BMW M3 GTR's and Porsche Cup cars. Many thanks to Racing Brake for giving me the consistent and safe stopping power needed and to the guys at Science of Speed for all of their great help in getting me the oft-damaged front spoilers and of course Mark at Dali Racing for all of the technical help and great parts he has secured for me!

Jerome Jacalone

VintageracerNYC said:
Just wanted to let all of my fellow NSX'ers know that at last weekends final HSR race of the year at Sebring my 1992 NSX won first in class in the four hour enduro on Sunday! Other cars in my class include BMW M3 GTR's and Porsche Cup cars. Many thanks to Racing Brake for giving me the consistent and safe stopping power needed and to the guys at Science of Speed for all of their great help in getting me the oft-damaged front spoilers and of course Mark at Dali Racing for all of the technical help and great parts he has secured for me!

Jerome Jacalone

Congrats !!!

way to put our NSX on TOP !!! Love it........I hope one day I can do a real race.

And yes, we are lucky to have so many professionals in this site and NSX community that can supply top notch parts and tech help.

thanks for sharing

Hi Jerome,

Really, way to go man !!!! Absolutely Awesome :eek: :biggrin:

It is really nice to see someone showing what you can do with a NSX !!.
Could you tell us just a little bit more about what kind of cars you were competing against and what kind of mods you have done to your car to make this possible ??

Sweet! Congrats on the Win! Any photos?:wink:

Thanks for all the replys everyone. Nice etched glass trophy as well as photos and interview. My class includes 2000 and up Porsche Carrera Cup cars and BMW M3 GT cars which all have near 500 horsepower. My car is FI with the CTSC Autorotor unit which gives me about 350 HP so I suppose but the superior dynamics of the NSX give it a big advantage especially in tight turns and fast sweepers! The other cars were turning in faster lap times but had problems and my Honda was trouble free with fast smooth pit stops. I plan on further race prepping my car over the winter and try and reduce weight which should even the playing field considerably! Is there a way to make the CTSC produc greater boost?

VintageracerNYC said:
Is there a way to make the CTSC produc greater boost?

An AEM might help unleash some more power. Both Comptech and SOS offer a 9lb kit versus the 6lb version. Combine either one with the AEM and your rollin':biggrin:

thanks I will look into that high boost kit from both CT and SOS. I need it for next years first race at Sebring end of February!

Congratulation! Your comments on RB's BBK gave me the confidence to purchase RB's BBK which turned out great.

BTW, is the race for professional drivers or amateurs only?

Once again well done! All of us on prime are very proud of you.

Shaw

Jerome,

I think a 9lb pulley and a good ems will yield some more hp. Bear in mind, more hp, less reliability, but of course you know that already ;)

just my 2 cents.

Henry.

VintageracerNYC said:
Thanks for all the replys everyone. Nice etched glass trophy as well as photos and interview. My class includes 2000 and up Porsche Carrera Cup cars and BMW M3 GT cars which all have near 500 horsepower. My car is FI with the CTSC Autorotor unit which gives me about 350 HP so I suppose but the superior dynamics of the NSX give it a big advantage especially in tight turns and fast sweepers! The other cars were turning in faster lap times but had problems and my Honda was trouble free with fast smooth pit stops. I plan on further race prepping my car over the winter and try and reduce weight which should even the playing field considerably! Is there a way to make the CTSC produc greater boost?

Dear Shaw

Glad you got the Racing Brake BBK and like it. Worked great for me on the track. HSR, SVRA, SCCA and the like are considered amateur racing organizations ONLY because they do not pay prize money but they DO require a racing license meaning you would have to attend a recognized racing school or attend some SCCA drivers schools and apply. The costs associated with my racing organization are very similiar to pro racing as in spares, fuel, tires and the like so it is not a cheap way for track time BUT it is real racing with serious car failures, on-track incidents and the like! At last weeks race at Sebring Hurley Haywood, Derek Bell and Elliot Forbes Robinson were all there competing so that should give you an idea of the participators!

Congrats on the great finish! And kudos for being one of the few that race their NSX.

Someday...sigh.

VintageracerNYC said:

If you want to talk to the person that was part of the creation of your CTSC...his name is Shad....was with Comptech since the early 90's...916 861 0032....he has his own performance speed shop- Driving Ambition

the first Autorotor proto type is on Kip Olsen NSX. And Kips NSX is putting out 425-435 hp..and some real useable TQ.....so he would be the main man to talk about increase HP but keep it reliable and safe.....and also everything else you need to know about your NSX, he should know it.

But it sounds to me, your skills with your NSX are what made you a winner....reducing the weight is the right direction.

Congrats again and making us proud !!!

but now we need pictures of your NSX :smile:

p.s. I have an extra pulley (higer boost) and an AEM if your interested.

litoG said:

p.s. I have an extra pulley (higer boost) and an AEM if your interested.

Hey! No cut and paste allowed! ;)

If you are interested in AEM controlled, high boost set up, I am doing a clone of Kip's car for my self. Plus going the next step with an intercooler setup for the Comptech manifold. My goal is to only ad 1" to the height of the blower and drop 50-60 degrees in intake temps, 10-11 lb. boost in my 3.0 L with 9.5 pistons. I am building a 'drop in' intercooler that will sit inside of the Comptech intake plenum, rather than on top. My set up Will be like Kip's using a 2.L Lyshom blower to keep making power all the way to redline, rather than the peak at 7K where my current one does.

Are you interested in getting one? My hope is a bolt together kit.

Jerome nice going!Do you have any laptimes from your enduro?BTW nice to see your car survive 4 hours of greater than 90% duty cycle!.

Last edited:
Thanks for the support everyone! I will see about contacting Chad or SOS about increasing the boost of the autorotor unit for some much needed horsepower. I will spend the next 8 weeks going completely through the car and trying to further reduce weight. The pictures should be ready next week and I will post some when I receive the disc.
Thanks
Jerome

Back