• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2003 Lease

Originally posted by spookyp:
I was emailing Marshall back and forth re: the 02 Monaco Blue auto they had, but it sold over the weekend.

They felt my chances at an 03 auto were slim, and I tended to agree, until PFORPAUL mentioned that dealer in NJ! I may be back in business!

Spooky -

Bobby Rahal Acura Mechanicsburg PA has a Long Beach Blue 03 on the floor (or at least they did about a week ago). You want me to swing by there?

Kevin

Wow. And I was wondering why Pohanka didn't get back to me on the $799/mth on the '02 lease. NOW I know why. He probably thought I'd hit the roof when I found out about this one.

(From the Acura site)

Terms and Conditions

2003 NSX-T Special Lease

Special lease rates available on all new 2003 NSX-T models with Manual transmission (Model NA2163PKW) at $799.00 per month/39 months/$0.00 down payment. $1,599.00 total due at lease signing (includes security deposit, excludes tax and license). SUBJECT TO LIMITED AVAILABILITY. Offer valid until April 30, 2003.

Offer valid only on approved credit by Honda Financial Services through participating dealers. Honda Financial Services' standard credit criteria apply. See your Acura dealer for details. Closed-end lease for 2003 NSX-T 6 Speed Manual Transmission (Model# NA2163PKW). MSRP $89,765.00 (includes destination). Actual net capital cost $84,728.26. DEALER PARTICIPATION MAY AFFECT ACTUAL PAYMENT. Taxes, license, title, registration, documentation fees, options and insurance extra. Total monthly payments $31,161.00. Option to purchase at lease end $57,449.60. Lessee responsible for maintenance, excessive wear/tear and 15¢/mile over 7,500 miles/year. SEE DEALER FOR DETAILS.

[This message has been edited by NSX-GUY (edited 07 March 2003).]

I spoke to my local dealer today (Performance Acura Chapel Hill NC)in reference to the 03 lease. I have been trying to decide on an older model or making the leap. They stated that HONDA AMERICA has agreed to provide any new orders under this 03 lease, your color choice included per the previously mentioned lease terms. Explains why the 02 is still sitting on that lot in cali, Now back to my delima, 03 or start out less expensive and add my own touch to the car.

Personally -I feel if you buy a really nice
used Nsx-the actual after tax expense or
even the expense before taxes will be very
comparable. Average depreciation on say a
98 or 99 has to be $6,000 per year or 500 per
month-plus the cost of financing or use of
money!

Look at the Galves-kelly-nada books--the values may be wrong for a particular car but
the "spread" between two different model
years must be somewhat accurate.This is even
more certain if you trade your car in versus
selling it privately.

I am ordering an 03 next week-on lease.

Originally posted by PFORPAUL:
My guys sales mgr just quoted me 849.00 with
12 k per year 1870.62 due at signing-this
includes NJ tax

Will negotiate very very little from here.
money factor is .00070 versus the normal range of .oo300 to .00405 Residual is $55004 and the cap cost is $82,318.

They have a silver/silver with ny name on it
and a blue/onyx. Now to quickly sell my
BMW conv.98 328i red/blk 67k mi-They will
trade at 16,000

Try this lease calculator and see if you come up with the same payment.
http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm

Look at the Galves-kelly-nada books--the values may be wrong for a particular car but
the "spread" between two different model
years must be somewhat accurate.

Not necessarily. I think you would get more accurate guidance if you check out the table in the pricing section of the FAQ. Just keep in mind that there is a significant "bump" in price when comparing two different years in which the models are not the same (e.g. '94 vs the NSX-T in '95; also, '96 vs the 3.2-liter six-speed in '97).

STEVENY
my calc comes up higher. the 1870 includes paying for the extra miles-7500
vs 12,000. something is different-in NJ
you pay all the sales tax up front-built into
the lease.

I think my guy may have miscalculated the
charge for the extra miles.14,625 miles extra
would cost more than the difference between 1870 and the standard figure of 1599 due at
signing.

I am hoping to end up at 800 per month with
taxes,1870 out of pocket and 12,000 miles per
year.I will let you know next week. He did not send me the printout.

NSXTASY

You may be correct-My statement was based on the fact that Depreciation tends to be higher in
the first three years than it would be on an
older model.I think it would be interesting
for someone,who has just sold or traded their
NSX to detail their purchase price and their
sale price.

My statement was based on the fact that Depreciation tends to be higher in the first three years than it would be on an older model.

Which is of course almost always true.

I think it would be interesting
for someone,who has just sold or traded their
NSX to detail their purchase price and their
sale price.

Three years ago, a new 2000 NSX could be purchased for $75-78K (although I'm sure some purchasers paid significantly more). It would now sell in the low sixties. Your figure of $6K per year is probably pretty accurate for the first couple of years, assuming average mileage of 5K miles/year, but would decline after that.

Originally posted by Runutzzzzz:
Does anyone know of a Blue/Black 03?

Ask your dealer. Any Acura dealer can look up the inventory of new cars at all Acura dealers nationwide.

Am I mistaken or are they offering new NSX's with white interior?

I looked in the catalog at the dealership and it was stated on there but I haven't seen any with color combos with a white interior.

Originally posted by Joel:
Am I mistaken or are they offering new NSX's with white interior?

As noted on Acura's website, there is indeed a white interior, but it's offered only for the white exterior (for which the camel or onyx interior are also available).

Given that the white exterior is relatively rare to begin with, I wouldn't expect to find a white/white all over the place.

2003 NSX-T Special Lease

Special lease rates available on all new 2003 NSX-T models with Manual transmission (Model NA2163PKW) at $799.00 per month/39 months/$0.00 down payment. $1,599.00 total due at lease signing (includes security deposit, excludes tax and license). SUBJECT TO LIMITED AVAILABILITY. Offer valid until April 30, 2003.

----------
Not to familiar with how tax works on a lease, what type of additional tax charge are we talking about besides the $1599.00 due at signing?

State tax % rate on the entire $84000?
$5000?

Monthly payment + whatever your state's sales tax. In this case, $799+5%(my state's sales tax) = $838.95 monthly payment.

Originally posted by Bilulan:
2003 NSX-T Special Lease

----------
Not to familiar with how tax works on a lease, what type of additional tax charge are we talking about besides the $1599.00 due at signing?

State tax % rate on the entire $84000?
$5000?

Varies a lot from state to state. In some, it is monthly sales tax on the lease payment which can either be paid up front or paid monthly. In other states (Texas) it is sales tax on the purchase price of the car (which is unfair since you arent actually paying the full purchase price).

One other thing that's interesting (and unfair) with a lease is that you pay tax on the finance charge since it is the lease priced that's taxed. I think auto leasing is the only transaction where that happens.

My dealer won't budge on a car they don't have. If they were to ship one in it would be at the "lease deal" @84K and change. In other words I want to travel to get a better price!
smile.gif
so if anyone knows of one blue/black or silver/black 03' please let me know!

Thanks

Yes, it's still listed on the Acura of Libertyville website. And ignore that MSRP; it took them a long time to sell their 2002 blue NSX, and I'm sure they will be willing to deal on this one.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 12 March 2003).]

Man...I still cannot believe some of the lease deals for the NSX.
smile.gif

------------------
Mason
Tire Rack sales...contact me for all your wheel and tire needs.
1-800-428-8355 Ext. 619

1991 Acura NSX (auto)
2002 Honda S2000

I just had an offer from an Acura dealer to lease a new NSX 2003 for $1,765 at signing, $799 + tax monthly for 38 months and 10k miles per year. Residual would be $55,641. I am itching to get the car. Any advice for a first time buyer on whether I can push this price at all??? He tells me there is no room to budge but I have yet to meet him face to face with my credit card in hand!

Originally posted by spookyp:
Varies a lot from state to state. In some, it is monthly sales tax on the lease payment which can either be paid up front or paid monthly. In other states (Texas) it is sales tax on the purchase price of the car (which is unfair since you arent actually paying the full purchase price).

One other thing that's interesting (and unfair) with a lease is that you pay tax on the finance charge since it is the lease priced that's taxed. I think auto leasing is the only transaction where that happens.

------------------

Originally posted by NSX04Hopeful:
I just had an offer from an Acura dealer to lease a new NSX 2003 for $1,765 at signing, $799 + tax monthly for 38 months and 10k miles per year. Residual would be $55,641. I am itching to get the car. Any advice for a first time buyer on whether I can push this price at all??? He tells me there is no room to budge but I have yet to meet him face to face with my credit card in hand!

Sounds good to me as the lease offer that's currently out there is for 7,500 miles per year and .15 for each additional, those 2500 miles p/yr are worth about $31.25 p/month that the dealer is willing to eat in one way or another. I got my 02 at the end of January and am loving every minute of it. GO FOR IT!!!!!

Thanks for your support. I am going to attempt to get one this weekend. They have one in Yellow w/ yellow. They can get a red w/ tan but I was set on the blue metallic. What color do you have and have you seen the red and/or blue in person?? Apparently there are very few 03's left. My dealer to told me the 04 was going to be available in a few months but there would be "few changes. a slight facelift". He also said the 05 would be the change to the production line steel frame "new" style NSX and that this would not hurt the value of the current NSX's. Any thoughts??

Originally posted by RPM217:

------------------

Back