• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2004 lbbp salvage build

How can people say they won't ever buy a salvage car with the results of this beauty. I'll take this in a heartbeat even at market price. Congrats

the paint was 3 stage took 9 hrs from start to finish needs allot of flash time to look good found some in in-perfections as i started to paint so i had to stop and put some putty. i took pics of all 3 stages if u can see first it was purple blue then we added the actual blue had allot of binder they call it in the blue very transparent oem is 3 coats as i put 3 coats will see tomorrow in the sun how it looks under florescent light it looks perfect so it should look better outside i have 1 gallon of clear on the car i think i went overboard

Mac, its been a real pleasure witching your LBBP come back to life. It makes me want to go find something bent, just so I can straighten it and practice painting again. (Not that I am any good at it, it's just so much fun and so gratifying).

Saw your car yesterday (downtown Sacramento), parked alongside 16th and K St...looked phenomenal. All my coworkers jaws dropped when they saw the paint job and wheels :cool:

Last edited:
I wanna buy it Damn it man. can i be first on the list if you do wanna sell?

I dont mind the salvage title as long as you keep those miles down LOL

and dont rag out the clutch :biggrin:

havent seen you at the auction this week. haha that supra went for 6700! and i picked up that red s2k...it was an Non op like 1 yr ago ataya motors sold it and it got repo'd i guess? anyways. i need some shifter bushing...its like them e36 m3 when in gear it feels like neutral still haha...

Very Nice job on the car.

Love your shop

shop.jpg

Bryan

wow look at all those cars. I hope those are not all NSX's LOL

holy geez talk about a baller.

that not fair I really give up now.:biggrin:

lol you guys are funny hahah i have about 7 parts cars back their that are nsx's and hopefully the one in freemont on monday i need it to build my other 2 i just picked up. shawn i am not a baller i wish i was a little bit taller and a rabbit and a hat some shit like that right

I think its the lower part of an 02+ it bolts right on to the pop-up style NSX upper bumper

How can people say they won't ever buy a salvage car with the results of this beauty. I'll take this in a heartbeat even at market price. Congrats

@ the OP the Car looks great good job!

@ Dynamic- You must have never tried to register or insure a salvage car in NY with that statement. I got a G35 Im currently driving into the ground because I couldn't give it away. (Salvage rebuild) Car has been sold 4 times for half of what I payed for it (registration issues, insurance issues) Only way Im going to get my money out of it is to drive it till it drops dead. It's my first and last salvage car I will ever buy. Learned my lesson.:redface:

some states are different. in FL you can drive a boat you made out of wood on the streets as long as it has a horn and a turn signal.

but Insuring a salvage is the same as a new car. you just cant get top dollar if you wreck it.

Now EXOTIC cars like the NSX are in a different class.

so dont worry.

now someone posted they could give their salvage infiniti away. well those are a dime a dozen thats why. why buy a salvage for XXX dollars when you can get a clean title car for the same ammount.

NSX is a rare car price can only go up salvage or not.

Back